Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Funeral ?!?

Barbecue for all.

Cairne is free range, too. He probably tastes great.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    There is no hint whatsoever that Cairne is even dead, much less that Garrosh is killed. That was a rumor.
    Denail ain't just a river in Africa baby.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Uh, he was not killed by garrosh, the two dueled, he lost, he was healing, grimtotem go bwahaha u is poisioned now and u die now! and then bam you get a quest chain about killing the grimtotem spies that were in thunderbluff, the battle for UC....but in TB!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    Denail ain't just a river in Africa baby.
    The Beta is a denail? That's explains everything!

No, seriously, there is not in game YET pointing that Cairne was killed by Garrosh. It's a rumor just like the Varian killing Moria one, which is wrong, since Moria clearly wants her baby to be the king of both clans and even orders us to arrest her ambassador, whom was working for the Twilight Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by bethofwow View Post
    He is the first of the major faction leader in WoW to die in game
    Ehm... bolvar?

i remember reading somewhere that the cenarion circle takes his body and buries it in desolace. and then a giant tree grows and thats the main reason for the "greaning" of the zone.

could be wrong though as it was early alpha that i remember seeing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

10+ Year Old Account
    wait who's cairne? oh the lonely tauren in thunder bluff? oh he died?

meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicle View Post
    Ehm... bolvar?
    Bolvar was a faction leader? What city did he control and run?
    I know he was a major figure for the alliance, but don't think he was a faction leader. But maybe I'm wrong.

he was regent for stormwind which i believe means leader even if it is temporary at the time of his death though he was not the leader

I am the Warrior. Death is my business. Be it yours...or mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedklown View Post
    I know he was a major figure for the alliance, but don't think he was a faction leader. But maybe I'm wrong.
    He wasn't even king of SW in varian's absence, Anduin techn. was, not him, he was just Anduins advisor, and whne Bolvar died, he was just a Quest giving NPC

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twistedklown View Post
    Before Varian's return, Bolvar and Katrana Prestor filled the role of Stormwind's racial leader.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Cairne will always live within us...really, cause I'm planing some barbecue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag7 View Post
    Doesnt really qualify as "always." Just until you digest him and pass what's left over.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by OutOfThisWorld View Post
    The best memorial they could give Cairne is making his son an interesting and active racial leader. Cairne never really accomplished anything and was never involved in any major quest lines, which is a shame. Even Lor'thremar "who is that guy again" Theron had more content than Cairne.
    God, ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Unless I'm forgetting someone, Cairne was only the second(after Drek'thar) Shaman Thrall had ever met(old ones, anyway; don't really remember if new ones other than Thrall had been accepted at that point or not). You'd think that might be someone who would become important in the future lore as Thrall tries to bring the Orcs back to their old Shamanistic ways. Instead, all Cairne ever did was give me a level 15 quest and mail me my loremaster tabard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    Unless I'm forgetting someone, Cairne was only the second(after Drek'thar) Shaman Thrall had ever met
    Cairne is a warrior, not a shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Cairne is a warrior, not a shaman.
    He was originally listed as a generic "Chieftain" class in WC3 and showed some Shaman powers in the lore since then, but he's listed as like four things on his wiki page and none of them are Shaman, which is weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    this was always a good character for the horde, and i say that as alliance. there should definitely be somekind of ingame memorial. strengthen resolve and also a desire for vengeance.
    Yea it's sad he never really had anything big to do. Warcraft 3 he was awesome helping Thrall. I'm just assuming it's all based on him being at the end of his life, old-timer, etc. I mean murdered or not there had been speculation he wanted to leave and graze or something I read and let Baine take over right?

Oh, he did actually have something. You had to take your orphan to get his hoofprint during children's week. :P

http://www.wowhead.com/item=18643/cairnes-hoofprint

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag7 View Post
    At Cairnes funeral
    I smell magic in the air... or maybe barbeque.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by herpecin View Post
    i remember reading somewhere that the cenarion circle takes his body and buries it in desolace. and then a giant tree grows and thats the main reason for the "greaning" of the zone.

could be wrong though as it was early alpha that i remember seeing it.
    Definitely wrong, the new vegetation in Desolace is due to the Cenarion Circle's efforts. The grove in the middle is even named the Cenarion Wilds or something like that.

Though I suppose he could be buried there. Weren't Taurens found originally in Desolace anyways?