Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Is this alright DPS?

So I just got back into the game after a 4 or so month break and I have some logs of a few bosses in ICC25 I'd like some veteran ret pallies to look at and confirm if its good enough to actually start getting into hardmodes and whatnot.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/dp3zvim8sylbm41t/

Ya'll are pretty hardcore to actually get a 25man raid together on July 4th.

Your DPS isn't bad by any means. 11.7k on Festergut in your gear is definitely acceptable. Rawr sims you at 13.8k.

Here are your eCDs:
    J = 242/27 = 8.96 seconds
    DS = 242/38 = 6.36 seconds
    CS = 242/43 = 5.62 seconds
    Exo = 242/12 = 20.16 seconds
    Consecration uptime = 72.7%

These eCDs certainly aren't terrible, but they could definitely be a bit better. You could stand to shave .2-.5 seconds off of each of them. Considering that non-heroic Festergut requires no movement unless you get spored, this is the ideal standstill tank n' spank and is great for parses. No adds either.

After looking at your armory for a moment, I noticed a couple things that you could consider changing. Nothing earth shattering, but improvements are improvements.

-Using the 23 Haste enchant on your cloak would yield a 4 DPS increase.
    -Replacing your boots with the Hellfrozen Bonegrinders would yield a 107+ DPS increase. By wearing these boots, you would be putting your NMT in your boots and socketing your chest for pure strength. Total sim'd DPS would jump from 13,882 to 13,997 by changing your cloak enchant, gemming and boots.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Depends on fight length,but definitely lower. Here, I'll give you the eCD'sof arguably the best ret that plays the game right now.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/m...=9883#Bluedeep

2:59 fight, 179s

J - 8.52s
    CS - 5.42s
    DS - 5.11s(fair RNG with 2set, but not obscene)
    Cons - 17.04s
    Exo - 22.37s

eCD's are basically the time that each ability is spend on cooldown over the duration of a fight, so having them as "tight" as possible is ideal. Obviously time varies by a bit with each boss, but for the most part they should fall around the same time. Bluedeep also uses AutoHotkey to help this, and it does automate divine storm, but the fact remains that he has been and still is one of the most consistent and high ranked rets in Wrath, so whatever he does I'd suggest you attempt to mimic.

As Prentice said, your eCD's aren't terrible but there is still some left to be desired. You're not casting CS as much as you should, Judgment is off CD a little too long and you're casting COnsecration more than you should. Do you use Clcret? Are you adverse to trying out AutoHotkey?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prentice View Post
    Ya'll are pretty hardcore to actually get a 25man raid together on July 4th.
    Canadians.

That being said, we had raids on both the 1st and 4th of July

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of okay dps, what's a rough estimate on the margin of error for rawr? Or is there even one?
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    Speaking of okay dps, what's a rough estimate on the margin of error for rawr? Or is there even one?
    There shouldn't be all that much because it's all math, but really the only differences you'll see is RNG, mechanics and most of all, human error.

Rawr itself won't have any deviations because it calculates based on set percentages. Statistically speaking, you won't see those exact numbers due to lag and human error, but there are a very small amount of rets who are capable of reaching close to their DPS max(like Bluedeep whom I linked earlier). Use RAWR as a tool though, because chances are you won't be up to par with what it says you should be doing.

rawr is generally reliable for most things, it does have times where it can be wrong, it's written by humans after all it's only as reliable as the people who write the code and crunch the numbers.

that being said, i would suggest using rawr, after you can do at least do a bit of the math yourself, so you know you don't become a robot.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was not implying that I thought Rawr was wrong if it sounded like that. I was just wondering if there was an average amount to be off of that number due to RNG and lag etc.
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

I was not implying that I thought Rawr was wrong if it sounded like that. I was just wondering if there was an average amount to be off of that number due to RNG and lag etc.
    It's fair to assume that you're a few hundred DPS from your calculated potential, possibly even 1k if you have pretty significant lag.

if your having lag problems, get leatrix latency filter, it should cut your lag in half, or by a third if your unlucky.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...x.html(leatrix)

there are ways to furthur decrease your MS but that's a long arduous task and it requires manipulating a lot of files, and i don't know how to do on the top of my head, i would suggest google.

to increase your reaction time, might i suggest a zombie game on this difficulty: "HOLY FUCKING ZOMBIE APOCOLYPSE" or a online shooter.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

In Rawr go into the Option tab, then Rotation, and edit your Delay and Wait settings. Those simulate your standard latency. Rawr assumes a latency of ~50ms with a Delay setting of .05 seconds. If you regularly run at ~250ms, you should try setting your delay to .25 seconds instead. Making this Rawr change will make a difference of up to 1000 DPS in your simulation.

Latency is bad, folks. L2Bludeep and plug directly into that thing.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

In Rawr go into the Option tab, then Rotation, and edit your Delay and Wait settings. Those simulate your standard latency. Rawr assumes a latency of ~50ms with a Delay setting of .05 seconds. If you regularly run at ~250ms, you should try setting your delay to .25 seconds instead. Making this Rawr change will make a difference of up to 1000 DPS in your simulation.

Latency is bad, folks. L2Bludeep and plug directly into that thing.
    I need a cable that stretches around the world from singapore to california. YAY
    I guess I'm back? Sighhhh....

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Depends on fight length,but definitely lower. Here, I'll give you the eCD'sof arguably the best ret that plays the game right now.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/m...=9883#Bluedeep

2:59 fight, 179s

J - 8.52s
    CS - 5.42s
    DS - 5.11s(fair RNG with 2set, but not obscene)
    Cons - 17.04s
    Exo - 22.37s

eCD's are basically the time that each ability is spend on cooldown over the duration of a fight, so having them as "tight" as possible is ideal. Obviously time varies by a bit with each boss, but for the most part they should fall around the same time. Bluedeep also uses AutoHotkey to help this, and it does automate divine storm, but the fact remains that he has been and still is one of the most consistent and high ranked rets in Wrath, so whatever he does I'd suggest you attempt to mimic.

As Prentice said, your eCD's aren't terrible but there is still some left to be desired. You're not casting CS as much as you should, Judgment is off CD a little too long and you're casting COnsecration more than you should. Do you use Clcret? Are you adverse to trying out AutoHotkey?
    Yes, I use CLCret near the middle of my screen, what exactly is AutoHotkey?

It is simply a button spamming program. Instead of you mashing your CS key over and over, you simply press and hold it until it goes off. Then move to the next attack. Not having cramped hands is pretty nice, I hear.

Hmm, I'm gonna talk to bluedeep about his macro for it, this could be nice.

It is simply a button spamming program. Instead of you mashing your CS key over and over, you simply press and hold it until it goes off. Then move to the next attack. Not having cramped hands is pretty nice, I hear.
    is there really any other way to take the actual playing of this game outta the game?

Edit: thinking about it how would that work for DS would you simply never let go?

Quote Originally Posted by Borigrad View Post
    is there really any other way to take the actual playing of this game outta the game?

Edit: thinking about it how would that work for DS would you simply never let go?
    Well, since Judge is ahead of DS letting go would be a dps increase wouldn't it?

You would only take your finger off of DS for a split second to hit the other attack. As soon as that attack goes off, you are sitting on DS again.