(spoilers)Draenei & Cataclysm

The Draenei are a unique race of aliens who were introduced in The Burning Crusade. I enjoyed what they had brought to the Alliance, and I furthermore believe they should have a higher placement in lore. They seem to be sitting ducks. Draenei should have some kind of impact in Cataclysm, Wrath of the Lich King did not include them making major moves or even being noted. There are jokes referring to them as Space Goats, which they may as well be, because of their uselessness to the Alliance after the Burning Crusade.

For example, they should have some kind of impact on Azeroth, through something like a tribe of Broken rescuing Turaylon from some kind of Burning Legion threat, as an Alliance kind of side to the changes and advancement in the Outlands. I'm referring to the Fel Orc colony of Thrallmar from the kidnapping of Nazgrel and him being drugged with fel blood. A Fel Draenei colony would be pretty badass, red Draenei and alliance affiliated. They'd look like intimidating Eredar! Anyways it would be the answer to the foreshadowing behind the broken Turaylon statue, and it would express their value to the Alliance. Cataclysm is all about war and picking sides. I doubt Varian would trust the Draenor natives anymore than he can throw them when they did not do many relevant things for the Alliance, and rightfully so. The Draenei should make more alliances with more neutral factions besides that one Furbolg tribe. I believe the blue beings should befriend the Pandaren, it would open doors to new friendships and lore advancement. The wars of Draenor could also be expanded upon in a future Caverns of Time instance, so that Blizzard doesn't even have to make new lore, but just recognize Draenei.

I think Blizzard could try to introduce more Draenei questing outposts. The introduction of Draenei ambassadors and anchorites is annoying. It's only there to alleviate slow questing and improve reputation gain with the Exodar. I really wouldn't like for a race to be retconned into existance just for the sake of being there. The Blood Elves have much more major notoriety in Wrath of The Lich King because of their side in Dalaran. Draenei influence should grow easily anyways, due to the very peaceful nature of Velen.

What do you think?
    Last edited by MFDOOM; 2010-08-02 at 01:15 PM. Reason: condensed paragraphs look tldr

15+ Year Old Account
    Draenei had enough lore in TBC. Whole Shattrath was a spacegoat stables!
    I am a Leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.

Considering Cataclysm is all about having the threat on the orginal two contients, no, won't happen because it in no way involves the current story Blizzard is trying to make.

Deleted
    /agree Lack of draenei makes my ears hurt.

I must disagree with you. Goats are not useless, they are some of the most useful animals in the world. You can drink their milk, weave their hair, and even in death they are useful in both their meat and their skins. They also make wonderful guard animals, and they're easy to feed.

These characteristics are not shared with the generally useless Draenei, and I would appreciate if the comparison was not made in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Matran View Post
    Considering Cataclysm is all about having the threat on the orginal two contients, no, won't happen because it in no way involves the current story Blizzard is trying to make.
    But why does that exclude Draenei involvement? I'm not suggesting Outlands progression. I'm talking about something like a Draenei attack on a Horde outpost or even acknowledgement of their existance, like say Velen chastises Gallywix for his attitude and style as a leader in quest text or a quest event. Build character depth for Velen!

Well the whole thing that Nazgrel has been kidnapped etc, is likely untrue just see the ss for yourself and you will see that it is fake

15+ Year Old Account
    Because they are noble, they dont want to attack horde posts. Instead they are chargin their lazorz!
    I am a Leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.

there noble but i wouldn't call them meek i do hope they have some form of play come cata.
    i mean hell at least nobundo should be involved he was taught the path of shamanism by the elements themselves after the orcs betrayed and forsook them.
    also if there is no new info don't fucking put (spoilers) in the fucking title.
    Last edited by mordale; 2010-08-02 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    if there is no new info don't fucking put (spoilers) in the fucking title.
    Please observe this quote from the original post.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFDOOM View Post
    I'm referring to the Fel Orc colony of Thrallmar from the kidnapping of Nazgrel and him being drugged with fel blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MFDOOM View Post
    The Draenei are a unique race of aliens who were introduced in The Burning Crusade. I enjoyed what they had brought to the Alliance, and I furthermore believe they should have a higher placement in lore. They seem to be sitting ducks. Draenei should have some kind of impact in Cataclysm, Wrath of the Lich King did not include them making major moves or even being noted. There are jokes referring to them as Space Goats, which they may as well be, because of their uselessness to the Alliance after the Burning Crusade.

For example, they should have some kind of impact on Azeroth, through something like a tribe of Broken rescuing Turaylon from some kind of Burning Legion threat, as an Alliance kind of side to the changes and advancement in the Outlands. I'm referring to the Fel Orc colony of Thrallmar from the kidnapping of Nazgrel and him being drugged with fel blood. A Fel Draenei colony would be pretty badass, red Draenei and alliance affiliated. They'd look like intimidating Eredar! Anyways it would be the answer to the foreshadowing behind the broken Turaylon statue, and it would express their value to the Alliance. Cataclysm is all about war and picking sides. I doubt Varian would trust the Draenor natives anymore than he can throw them when they did not do many relevant things for the Alliance, and rightfully so. The Draenei should make more alliances with more neutral factions besides that one Furbolg tribe. I believe the blue beings should befriend the Pandaren, it would open doors to new friendships and lore advancement. The wars of Draenor could also be expanded upon in a future Caverns of Time instance, so that Blizzard doesn't even have to make new lore, but just recognize Draenei.

I think Blizzard could try to introduce more Draenei questing outposts. The introduction of Draenei ambassadors and anchorites is annoying. It's only there to alleviate slow questing and improve reputation gain with the Exodar. I really wouldn't like for a race to be retconned into existance just for the sake of being there. The Blood Elves have much more major notoriety in Wrath of The Lich King because of their side in Dalaran. Draenei influence should grow easily anyways, due to the very peaceful nature of Velen.

What do you think?
    Not really any spoilers here but, to answer your question the dranei really don't fit well in this expansion. In lore most dranei don't even know who deathwing is because they got on our planet 4 years ago. Don't worry though, in the argus expansion they will be everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Desimar View Post
    Not really any spoilers here but, to answer your question the dranei really don't fit well in this expansion. In lore most dranei don't even know who deathwing is because they got on our planet 4 years ago. Don't worry though, in the argus expansion they will be everywhere.
    By the same token: in those 4 years the draenei could have, you know, spread out a bit more beyond 2 starter-zones and a few anchorites/ambassadors here and there...

I'm content to let them stay more quiet this expansion, Hopefully we will be on the forefront when we face the burning legion in the future expacs.

Save the best race for last.