Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exclamation Maelstrom Screenies

Wasn't sure if anything had been posted of the Maelstrom, I know there is a video floating about, but thought I would share some screens I took!

I linked them in another thread, but thought they should probably go here in the New Zone section, even though right now it doesn't look like you can get back to it after you complete the initial quest!

[CLICK TO ENLARGE]

Last edited by The Glitch; 2010-07-22 at 06:56 PM.

I think its odd that I haven't seen anyone say this but... WE ARE GOING THROUGH THE FREAKING MAELSTROM!!!!!

It's been keeping you above water since 2004!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelakar View Post
    I think its odd that I haven't seen anyone say this but... WE ARE GOING THROUGH THE FREAKING MAELSTROM!!!!!
    Hahaha, yeah well I did think that when I was doing the quest, I was like OOOhhhh its all violent and wet and stuff but my Gryphon just flies through without a care!

Then when i got through it into Deepholm, I was just like Oooohh shiney... cause well Deepholm is AMAZING! so yeah you kinda forget you've just flew through big swirly violent Maelstrom

Is there an invisible wall, or can you jump in.

Because seriously, the Lemming in me wants to do a cannon ball into the center of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by TerraMagus View Post
    Is there an invisible wall, or can you jump in.

Because seriously, the Lemming in me wants to do a cannon ball into the center of the world.
    Theres a vid of it, & at the end he jumps in...basacly he just dies then reze in westfall for some reason.

From what coast/land point are you looking into the maelstrom?

Also, it's not gonna be long before we're all sick and tired of that loading screen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logseux View Post
    From what coast/land point are you looking into the maelstrom?

Also, it's not gonna be long before we're all sick and tired of that loading screen.
    From waht I saw in the video Thrall and the players are standing on some large rocks.
    Forget everything you know about everything.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can't get back there after you complete the quest? That's strangely depressing.

10+ Year Old Account
    You take a portal from Orgrimmar (Or stormwind too I guess) to a rock at the edge of the Maelstrom. You talk to Thrall and stuff then you hop on a grpyhon and fly down into it to enter deepholme. I took pretty similar screenshots aswell

But yea, you can't get back there after you do it the first time. There isn't much there though, other than.. well uhh, the maelstrom.

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess, but it's a pretty neat sight to see. I guess there are your other characters to do the quest on.

It sounds great, but those pics are thumbnail sized. It's hard to tell what I'm looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    It sounds great, but those pics are thumbnail sized. It's hard to tell what I'm looking at.
    click to enlarge..

I really don't like those random rocks sticking out.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    wen u fly in it reminds me of the new doctor who intro

just see this video

youtube.com/watch?v=veWzPh3OHkg

Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    click to enlarge..
    I'm glad the search function is working again so I can follow up on my posts. I can't click to enlarge. Thumbnail sized is all I get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between Nagrand and your dreams
    Intresting thing is, seeing Thrall there you notice he has a coding under his name. This indicates his model will indeed be updated before the game is made public.
    "The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn."

Quote Originally Posted by paul View Post
    it sounds great, but those pics are thumbnail sized. It's hard to tell what i'm looking at.
    rofl....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    ...are you serious? /facepalm

Anyway..nice shots OP, looks great. Can't wait. :|

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE