Hunter dps in Cata

For anyone playing in the beta How is hunter dps looking right now and how far behind is BM's dps?

Why would you care?
    You can't get to lvl 85 yet in the Beta and only there it's gonna matter which spec is better for raid DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think he meant in the same ICC gear, comparing dps with the new focus system n stuff with the old mana system we use today.
    actually looking forward on hearing how it goes.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Deleted
    i would be interested in that too. You cant use addons but WoL should be able to read beta logs, maybe.

It's far too early to answer this question.

The new balancing system is such that they will tune the trees around the bonuses given to your spec. BM doing too little damage when the tree bonus is 20% pet damage? Make it 30% and it's fixed! The only things that really matter in Beta are ensuring that each of the specs is: a) Interesting, b) Different, c) Vaguely equal in terms of utility. If those three criteria are fulfilled then Blizzard can change the tree stats to whatever they want and make sure the DPS balance is equal.

Thanks for the replies guys and is it blizzards intent to make the 3specs close in dps in Cata so we can choose which spec to play instead of being forced into one single tree as a "raiding spec".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlonzoHarris View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys and is it blizzards intent to make the 3specs close in dps in Cata so we can choose which spec to play instead of being forced into one single tree as a "raiding spec".
    That's been their intent for a while, actually. They just never managed to get BM and Survival on par with MM (although they're on par with each other).