Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Hmm I only turn on the sound when I get to a boss i haven't heard before after that I turn it back off and music comes on again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have my sound at like 40%, but honestly either I am hanging with friends on vent or listening to music/podcasts so the only time I hear the ingame sound is when I am leveling alts, because for some reason I like leveling in the quiet.

Deleted
    I sometimes do for the scripted events and stuff like that, but it gets annoying for fights so I turn it off.

Deleted
    Ingame sound at 31%, if I put it any louder I won't be able to hear vent properly ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Humanaid View Post
    Ingame sound at 31%, if I put it any louder I won't be able to hear vent properly ^^
    I double dare you to put it to 32% !

No the sounds on WoW are terrible...utterly terrible. Especially the voice acting!

I always have my ingame sound on. Although, I keep it at 21%, so that I can still hear Ventrilo. I did try and play once without any sound at all, but it was really awkward.

I generally like the voice acting, makes everything more interactive. Same with the sounds of the environment around you.

Deleted
    I raid with sounds on very low like 10 % without ingame music and some other chosen music of mine at 30 % and then the vent at normal volume, so I can hear all three without anyone really overruleing the other!

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have them off because

I'm not the only one in my house .
    I pug so there's no need for Vent
    I listen to my Ipod which is different to speakers .
    Insert Signiture here.

I've had my WoW sound/music turned off for the last 3 years... Except when I do something in Sholazar, good god music there is so nice.
    Otherwise vent and if we are not doing something serious mute vent and hello iTunes

Deleted
    Never have, never will.

Pandora One > all

"Scientists explore what is; engineers create what has not been." -Theodore Von Karman

No. Listening to sindragosa's "Watch, as your foolish magic BETRAYYYYSSS YOUUUU" over and over is terrible.
    And the sound of guns
    enter shikari is the best.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, high enough to hear DBM but low enough to hear my music.

sound is absolutely necessary. i need to know when something nasty near me enters stealth, to mass dispel bloodlust, etcetcetc. they're not just flavor, they're audio ability indicators!

...turned down as low as possible such that they're still intelligible while in vent. never play with music and feel like i might be missing something in that regard but meh.

wtb /mutemotorcycles in major cities however.

Quote Originally Posted by sapp View Post
    Hi guys, i wanted to see see how many people are using the ingame sounds and maybe give a description of why they do so.
    I Personally don't because I don't hear vent clearly etc when i have it enabled.
    /discuss
    I always play with sound... It is very important to me to hear in game sounds such as boss dialogue, it adds a lot into the game for me personally and I like it a lot.

I don't use mods so paying attention to sounds, voices and various other things also helps me a lot, and I can clearly hear vent and in game sounds because I balance them out to a certain level to hear both well enough.

P.S save your speech, I won't use mods so don't try to convince me, I don't care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raiding is the ONLY time I play with in-game sounds/music. While I would have more fun listening to my own music, it would break my focus and make vent more difficult to hear.

Absolutely. As a hunter, for some reason raiding with the in-game sounds helps me get into a rhythm more, and since MM hunters have an extremely static rotation for optimal dps - Chimera, Aimed, four GCDS (preferably steady shots), then it is vital to try and keep that going unbroken for as long as possible.

Also, playing your own music makes vent impossible to concentrate to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, I would like to, but I have 60/40 hearing loss and it's hard enough to hear the raid leader mumble as it is.

I used to just keep sound off and just listen to vent until someone mentioned to turn on black temple's music. Heard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RtBy...eature=related all game sounds and music have been on since.