Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoW and SC2 at same time?

Has anyone with retail version of SC2 been able to confirm whether you can run both games at once (both on same battle.net account)?

I apologize if this has been asked. I attempted a forum search only to be told that "wow and sc2" is too short to search. I manually searched a bit, but no luck.

I dont see why you could not.

I also dont see why you would want to...

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    No clue, haven't got my sc2 yet, so can't even try it, however, you couldn't do both when sc2 was in beta.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Yea, I have a friend who was in sc2 beta and he was able to log on both at the same time, but I'm wondering if the full retail version is different.

And @Vyrrel...Doesn't matter why I want to...It's just a question.
    Last edited by flairy; 2010-07-27 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Clarity

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyrrel View Post
    I dont see why you could not.

I also dont see why you would want to...
    Yaknow those dungeon ques are insanely long!

10+ Year Old Account
    what is this WoW you speak of? Oh you mean that MMO that died July 27th

I think the universe would explode, since you'd see yourself online on Battle.net!

Yeah, you can. Even to begin with you can log onto several WoW accs on the same Bnet acc at the same time.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Contrary Jerry View Post
    Because every single WoW player is also a StarCraft player right? Yeah..... Hate to break it to you, but half the WoW player base have never even played WarCraft 3 before, I doubt that they've even HEARD of StarCraft....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by flairy View Post
    Has anyone with retail version of SC2 been able to confirm whether you can run both games at once (both on same battle.net account)?

I apologize if this has been asked. I attempted a forum search only to be told that "wow and sc2" is too short to search. I manually searched a bit, but no luck.
    I believe you can since i can do it with 3-5 WoW accounts.........

You can run multiply WoW accounts at once with Battle.net and since SC2 is a Blizzard game, I would guess so. You only need to be made sure you can run in window mode. Downloading the Retail version at the moment myself, so will be playing it while I queue as DPS on my alts.

Thank you all with worthwhile answers!!

Yea, I have a friend who was in sc2 beta and he was able to log on both at the same time, but I'm wondering if the full retail version is different.

And @Vyrrel...Doesn't matter why I want to...It's just a question.
    Now that you are being evasive it matters even more and it's just poking at my curiosity. But I dont feel like flaming or being a jerk this morning so I wont go about assuming all kinds of evil stuff you may have in mind.

You can yes.. You can also run several wow account connected to the same Battle.net

10+ Year Old Account
    Warsaw, Poland, Europe, Earth, The Milky Way
    SC2? You mean that overpriced 1/3 of a singleplayer game with a multiplayer that anyone who is not a hardcore progamer is going to hate for being constantly pwned by the pros? You honestly think 11 millions of people who play WoW (a game that's SOOO HARDCORE) will now play SC2 instead?

OT: OP, why on Earth would you like to do that? You wanna spam trade while waiting for a SC2 match?
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze148 View Post
    One cannot simply walk into Mulgore...

Quote Originally Posted by Vyrrel View Post
    Now that you are being evasive it matters even more and it's just poking at my curiosity. But I dont feel like flaming or being a jerk this morning so I wont go about assuming all kinds of evil stuff you may have in mind.
    I am teh master of evilz
    Nah, I just meant that there is no ulterior motive. The question is just a question and why I want to know has no impact on the answer.

---------- Post added 2010-07-27 at 01:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by _Khasim_ View Post
    OT: OP, why on Earth would you like to do that? You wanna spam trade while waiting for a SC2 match?
    What in the world makes you think that I spam trade? Way to assume.

Heh, you seriously think having another game to play means nobody will want to play WoW any more? Having another fun game to play doesn't mean you drop everything else and do nothing but that. Not to mention a lot of people won't even like RTS' and won't touch the game (though I recommend they do )

Quote Originally Posted by _Khasim_ View Post
    SC2? You mean that overpriced 1/3 of a singleplayer game with a multiplayer that anyone who is not a hardcore progamer is going to hate for being constantly pwned by the pros?
    This was a large goal for Blizz with SC2 - making battle.net not just a place you go to get stomped. It's all about fair matches against evenly skilled people
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

Deleted
    You can, i just tried it.

Only thing is starcraft 2 crashes on windows 7 if you alt+tab out of it (when you try to alt+tab back in theres just a black screen).

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post

Only thing is starcraft 2 crashes on windows 7 if you alt+tab out of it (when you try to alt+tab back in theres just a black screen).
    Good to know, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post

Not for me it doesn't. Hell I'd think the crash if anything is because you're running two full on game programs at once.

The black screen I always get whenever I alt tab out and back into a game of TF2, but it goes away after a few seconds and the game continues.