Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Torddon View Post
    Why not keep ToL the way it is now except let us cast wrath, starfire, and moonfire? I mean, that is why Blizz is doing this change cause they feel that being in ToL form now gimps us when it comes to doing damage...The way I see it, if they just made it so we could cast those spells, it would keep everybody happy...I personally feel that taking away ToL as a perma form takes away what druids are. Melee-cat tank-bear caster-boomkin healing-tree..We have to shapeshift for every role..Thats what a druid is..Taking that away and making it a useless CD is taking away what a druid is....
    But following through with your suggestion would just make the form a useless gimmick, nothing more than a costume. Shapeshifting should be meaningful, not just a permanent Deviate Fish.

Quote Originally Posted by emni View Post
    But following through with your suggestion would just make the form a useless gimmick, nothing more than a costume. Shapeshifting should be meaningful, not just a permanent Deviate Fish.
    Meeningful as in only being used in pvp? I dont see ToL being used much in pve except if youre bored. If you are holding out on it incase of an emergency, you are going to try as hard as you can to just heal through it and save that CD incase you come across a greater emergency...Therefor, the signature shapeshifting of druids is, well, diminishing....
    Last edited by Torddon; 2010-08-01 at 04:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiolith View Post
    as it looks now I'm with you, I'll most likely go for something similar to this
    http://www.wowtal.com/#k=g5c5Ti8E.9r8.druid
    however there are 6% very tasty Intellect in the Feral tree
    Wrong. You need 31 points.. This will be it

http://www.wowtal.com/#k=g5PsBoY.9r8.druid

Quote Originally Posted by Shuckless View Post
    Ignoring for a moment my belief (faint desperate hope?) that the current Beta druid tree is merely a placeholder for some more enlightened revision, there is much truth in what Shuckless says. Except that the more I look at it, the less I am impressed by Empowered Touch. I see two downsides to having my Nourishes renew my Lifeblooms:

1. Relying on a spell with a 3 second cast time, to renew a spell which has a 7 second duration, seems the stuff of nightmares. I can't spend almost half of a boss fight unresponsive to health spikes and debuffs elsewhere in my raid, and to any environmental threats which might make personal movement desirable, while I wind up a Nourish on my MT. Forget that. In many/most/all fights I'd prefer to let them bloom, or renew them with an instant LB, and get on with my life.

2. I often WANT my stack to bloom, and I don't necessarily want to stop that by casting another heal.

Even a crappy ToL healing buff which I'll never use, is more attractive than Empowered Touch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Earlier ToL form reduced movement speed by 20%. It was just sad and the movement reduction got removed.

Now blizzard wants to try the movement speed penalty again! Starting safely from 50% reduction.
    I mean cmon... you couldn't make 20% reduced movement speed work but you are sure you can make 50% work.

Im getting used of the "But" part on everything about druids tho.
    "Increases the damage dealt by X BUT..."
    "Does this and that BUT..."

I mean it's not like Using Beacon of Light roots the paladin or earth shield limits your totems to only 2.
    Why there has to be penalties for every glyph and talent on druids :/

I can already imagine a situation:
    "Omg tank is going to take massive damage, im going ToL!"
    "Void zone under you"
    "You have to cancel ToL to make it out"

Or Defile, or Spores, Or Mallable Goo. The movement speed reduction can't possibly make it to the live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magoomba View Post
    Ignoring for a moment my belief (faint desperate hope?) that the current Beta druid tree is merely a placeholder for some more enlightened revision, there is much truth in what Shuckless says. Except that the more I look at it, the less I am impressed by Empowered Touch. I see two downsides to having my Nourishes renew my Lifeblooms:

1. Relying on a spell with a 3 second cast time, to renew a spell which has a 7 second duration, seems the stuff of nightmares. I can't spend almost half of a boss fight unresponsive to health spikes and debuffs elsewhere in my raid, and to any environmental threats which might make personal movement desirable, while I wind up a Nourish on my MT. Forget that. In many/most/all fights I'd prefer to let them bloom, or renew them with an instant LB, and get on with my life.

2. I often WANT my stack to bloom, and I don't necessarily want to stop that by casting another heal.

Even a crappy ToL healing buff which I'll never use, is more attractive than Empowered Touch.
    I couldn't agree more. When I first saw it I thought oh another must get talent. Then when I went back to read through it I was kind of left cold. Actually would be a nice optional talent. If they fixed the rest of the tree.

I am very confident this isn't the final build. It is way to early in beta firstly. We don't even have our "Resto druids can dispel magic" talent that seem to be all the rage with other healing trees. As such I will withhold my judgment, while still voicing my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Karashu View Post
    Personally i think that this spell is a very good cooldown. Like tank abilities it is a matter of making it easier, not omg you have to use it. As someone who plays a tank,dps, and heals, I know that i can go through a whole fight without popping any cooldowns on the tank/heal side without the heal/tank popping any. While you should be compelled to use it any time, apparently you're not, which is just going to result in either harder fights, or nothing....
    Dps wise, its like the same thing. If i had a cooldown giving me 100% more damage with a 10min cooldown. I'd be compelled to pop on every boss fight possible. I've haven't played beta, but i'd sure as hell pop ToL every time that some special ability from the boss came up or, a soft enrage happens.
    I understand what you are saying and I agree to an extent. The thing that bothers me is if they do design it to just make it easier as you say, then Tree of Life is nothing but a gimmick. Don't need it to get through content, just something that you smack every once in a while. Popping ToL every time that some special ability from the boss came up sounds nice on paper. How often do bosses do those though? Unless it changes drastically in Cata much more than once every 5 minutes. So I don't need it the second time the event happens. So I didn't need it the first time either. Not like I gained anything substantial from using it. Doubtful I would cast fewer spells, and I gain no mana benefit.