Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How's That for a New Moonkin Form!

Just saw the new Malfurion model on the front page, and I gotta say, while no one said ANYTHING about this having anything to do with Moonkin, I wouldn't be angry if they ended up doing something like this with the form. This whole time I was thinking of how they'd redo a whole form, but a hybrid form like that....that's pretty awesome! Plus, it addresses some of the problems some people have with Moonkin form i.e. never seeing caster form/gear while retaining some bird-like qualities. Maybe if it was tweaked a bit, like the extremities being more Moonkin-like, with the core/face remaining mostly intact.
    Of course at this point I'd take anything they throw us, at least Resto has heard about what they're going to look like...

No. Just no. =(
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertaiment
    The only new glyph we are ready to announce right now is the Glyph of Divine Shield, which reduces the cast time of your Hearthstone whenever Divine Shield is active.

I would actually prefer this..I can't stand the moonkin form
    Jasera - 80 Protection Warrior
    Neytira - 80 Enhancement Shaman
    Brolmir - 80 Marksmanship Hunter
    Doombringr - 80 Frost Death Knight

I like the current moonkin form. It's fluffy, cute and hilarious-looking. But then again, so is Malfurion's new model.

But your idea is also good.

Quote Originally Posted by Zandarth View Post
    No. Just no. =(
    Hey I love being a huge fluffball just as much as you, but I'm tired of looking like crap next to a Draenei, and now even Draenei are gonna look like crap next to Worgen, so that makes us like....double crap! Plus it opens up a few more customization options than a simple color change like the current feral system.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you've noticed he has clothing/body parts that represent every form, claws like a cat, paws on his feet like a bear, wings like a chicken, antlers like a deer ( original travel form was meant to be a deer ) and since blizzard says fuck the resto druids he doesn't have anything for tree. since blizzard hates resto druids.
    Last edited by Rakeer; 2010-07-30 at 02:54 AM. Reason: failed at typing

Quote Originally Posted by Rakeer View Post
    if you've noticed he has clothing/body parts that represent every form, claws like a cat, paws on his feet like a bear, wings like a chicken, antlers like a deer ( original travel form was meant to be a deer ) and since blizzard says fuck the resto druids he doesn't have anything for tree. since blizzard hates resto druids.
    Sure they do! We just haven't seen him cast tree form yet, since his normal self is current resto/caster form. I'm sure when he goes into tree form, it's the size of one of the Ancient Protectors.

Quote Originally Posted by Scunosi View Post
    Hey I love being a huge fluffball just as much as you, but I'm tired of looking like crap next to a Draenei, and now even Draenei are gonna look like crap next to Worgen, so that makes us like....double crap! Plus it opens up a few more customization options than a simple color change like the current feral system.
    Druids looking EVEN CLOSE of THAT, would be too awesome to be playable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertaiment
    The only new glyph we are ready to announce right now is the Glyph of Divine Shield, which reduces the cast time of your Hearthstone whenever Divine Shield is active.

That would be pretty cool IMO. Main reason I've never been interested in playing moonkin on my druid is because moonkin form never appealed to me. I've considered rolling a second druid though, if the new troll moonkin form looks nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakeer View Post
    Well that makes sense for him as his character, but I meant the general idea of a person with animal-like qualities. Also I couldn't tell what was attached and what was just costume to be honest. >.<

he is in tree form, you just can't see it under his kilt. . .oh and I think I'm the first to say "BIIIIIIIIRRRD MAAAAAAAAAAAN!"
    "--Many class changes. You won't like the ones made to your own class but you'll think the changes made to the 9 other classes are all overpowered." - Tigole
    Quote Originally Posted by stormshadow243 View Post
    Garrosh dreams about his father touching him, and Varian has dreams about his dead wife with "Crawling" by Linkin Park blasting in the background on a constant loop.

The druid class is based on the druids from wc3. You had the druid of the claw which could become bears and druid of the talon which could become hawks. Bears and flight form match them.
    Then, in beta wc3 you had the hero druid who could shapeshift into all animals: this created the owlkin aka moonkin which they decided to make an entire species and the druid hero instead got tranquility...

Anyhoo, a mix of all animals while still having some sort of human(elven) look, so I guess what you're saying is plausible and might work out great if done.

I approve of this thread.

Hey, we could at least use an awesome new form to take our minds off the constant nerfs. Yeah, I know, "it's beta," but I guess I don't remember the last time Boomkins were hit so hard. I think I got spoiled.

Quote Originally Posted by Backstage View Post
    Hey, we could at least use an awesome new form to take our minds off the constant nerfs. Yeah, I know, "it's beta," but I guess I don't remember the last time Boomkins were hit so hard. I think I got spoiled.
    Don't worry, the Starfall buff did that to all Moonkin. I remember suddenly Moonkin were feared in PvP....at least until they were stunned to dead. =/

Don't worry, the Starfall buff did that to all Moonkin. I remember suddenly Moonkin were feared in PvP....at least until they were stunned to dead. =/
    hah, no kiddin.
    i think that that would be a great look for boomkins, right now were an easy target pvp wise, ill miss the laser turkey nonetheless but it has to go.

To each his own I guess but I love the current moonkin form even if it is a bit outdated. I guess some people find them cute and others think they're ugly. I'm in moonkin form 24/7 when I play my druid (unless I'm tree of course).

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe if they make moonkin form an activeted buff like tree form ( NO! ) they could make the caster form look like that.

IMO, the iconic thing about druids is their ability to shapeshift. I know that Blizz didn't add tree form until BC (I think), but druids are still considered master shape-shifters, and we have all the forms today. The entire reason I picked a druid to play was because how different they were from any other class with their ability to change forms.

Personally, I already hate that they're taking tree form away, and if they took moonkin form away, I'd be even more upset. That Malfurion model looks absolutely silly with those chicken wings and I'd hate for our caster models to look like that. Just my opinion, of course, but I'd hate to keep losing more and more of what I think makes druids cool. =(

Quote Originally Posted by Venjin View Post
    IMO, the iconic thing about druids is their ability to shapeshift.
    The problem is, there seems to be two mind-sets about druids and shapeshifting. One group thinks that the ability to shapeshift means they should constantly be shifting forms, not tied down to one or the other. The other group thinks the opposite, that a druid should pick their form (spec) and be that form whenever they want. The Resto changes seem to enforce the former belief, but then of course there's the fact that ferals pretty much have to be in-form to be of any use (altered slightly by recent pvp talents). And now it seems our beloved Moonkin form is stuck in limbo, where many think it should've gotten the ToL treatment, and others wanting it to stay permanent.