Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Moonkin Form in Cata

What do you think about moonkin form in cata it only gives %120 armor and %5 spell haste.
    i think %5 spell haste isnt enough for pve so i think we can see balance droods that dont have moonkin forms.

so they should gief more buff to moonkin

what do you think
    Last edited by Waise; 2010-07-30 at 12:38 PM.

I think you're trolling.

Go away.

Is always nice to see inquisitors posting meaninglessly around the forums.
    About your question, 5% crit nerf is bad for our raid utility and haste isn't enough yes.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Immunity to polymorph?
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Moonkin form is fun for a while but it does look ridiculous. This is a good thing.

Its enough
    they just need change furor on % of total mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Madus View Post
    Its enough
    Why? Intellect now gives us spell power, we get SP and mana from Furor. I'd rather keep it as it is.

On topic, I don't exactly like the change from crit to haste, but we'll see how it plays out. It might be nice. I like critting, though >.>
    "Judas went afk and <The Disciples> wiped, but it's cool 'cos Jesus had a SoulStone."

My science teacher didn't believe in evolution, can you gimme hallelujah?

Quote Originally Posted by Madus View Post
    Its enough
    What would the point of that be? Mana is the least of our problems, if it even makes the list.
    In fact, that would be a massive nerf to the talent.

you dont get it guys
    it will be maybe nerf for talent but buff for us who hate clown-alltime form.

How would it be a buff to anything? We just lose something we might get while getting nothing in return.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    How would it be a buff to anything? We just lose something we might get while getting nothing in return.
    you lose something and gain something, what will not require moonkin form to be efective . You can buff something and nerf something (furor in this case).
    On the end you will get competetive dps in normal form when some specs will be in raid, and that is buff.

Except you forgot to add what nonmoonkins would get.

Since with your proposal Moonkins would effectively lose 6% SP, Blizzard would have to implement something else that increases damage in Moonkin Form by an equivalent amount.
    You can't just assume that they will do something that works outside of moonkin, though.

Moonkin is part of being a balance druid. If you don't like it, you should look for another class to play.

Buff Starfall, that will fix everything, right?

Deleted
    Lets not be too quick to assume that the sky is falling. Sure we're losing crit, but we're gaining new spells and mechanics *Shrug*

i think the change from crit fits quite well.

moonkins aren't going to be as dependent on crit for their dps as they get eclipse from using the spells rather than one particular spell critting.
    the haste will actually be better as you can cast more wraths/starfires to get to get to the eclipse quicker.
    Last edited by Saethwyr; 2010-07-30 at 05:34 PM. Reason: grammar
    medicus quercum, venit.
    One's soldiers should not yell abuse at the enemy. "Arouse a bee and it will come at you with the ferocity of a dragon." - Takeda Nobushige

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Moonkin is part of being a balance druid. If you don't like it, you should look for another class to play.
    100 times ^this

To be honest, right now we provide a ton of raidbuffs.
    At the cost of fewer raidbuffs, we get a fix. A better Eclipse system, avoiding capping any of our stats at lower raid tiers, and more damage.

I also read somewhere that updating the Moonkin Form is on the list of the things they want to do for Cataclysm. If not right away, then with a content patch later in the expansion.
    Then he fapped to his own pseudo-intellectualism and no one ever loved him. Ever.

The End

Quote Originally Posted by Saethwyr View Post
    the haste will actually be better as you can cast more wraths/starfires to get to get to the eclipse quicker.
    Yes and no. Eclipse uptime with the current (beta) model is actually fixed at 50%, so more haste will only cause it to cycle faster. Crit will do the same thing due to Euphoria, though, so it's not like it matters.

Overall we won't get much from crit in Cataclysm, so it's likely haste will be a bit better than crit.

tbh if it would give -5% dmg i would still go moonkin form

you guys look fucking hilarious as big oversized pigeons!

C.M.S, My favorite thing to start the morning with.

Well now that we don't need crit to cause an eclipse, haste is going to be used more. And having 320% increased armour is a little bit redicoulous for a caster that pretty much has the same armour as a tank. We get solar beam and the mushroom so people will hit us less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator View Post
    Immunity to polymorph?
    oh right bosses polymorph dur i forgot