Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    What you don't seem to get people, is that regardless of new mechanics we are gaining 2% haste, but shared with lot of classes, and losing 5% crit, that some other class will give instead us. So the point is how much we will gain in dps from the loss of buffs, and compared to other classes. The balance looks not sorted yet while an ele shaman gives 10% sp, 5 crit 5 haste, heroism. Figure out if can also outdps a moonkin, why that one should have a spot in raid?Just for furs and combat ress?
    Last edited by Morning_star; 2010-07-30 at 06:35 PM.

I'm debating as of this moment whether the poster's a huge troll or an 11 year old in real life. Hmm... This is a hard one indeed...

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    What would the point of that be? Mana is the least of our problems, if it even makes the list.
    In fact, that would be a massive nerf to the talent.
    Well hopefully Blizzard makes mana an issue in cata. Back in BC you would have to bring mana pots and have to use mana regain spells or you would run out of mana around 25% (I was resto in BC.) Where in Wotlk I can just hurricane over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over innervate and over and over and over oops I'm out

They are making it an issue... for healers. Not for Moonkins, though.

Aside from arcane mages, casters aren't supposed to worry much about mana unless they mess up.

And you can't hurricane over and over in LK. Most fights you use hurricane in are just over after one or two which should not run you that low anyway.

The new moonkin form is very lacking, but you still will pick it up, and you will use it in PvE. But PvP, I'm not so sure. Obviously, against melee, the armor is nice and you'll shift accordingly. But with shifting still on the GCD, there is quite honestly no point in shifting (as is) into moonkin form against casters. the 5% haste is not worth the GCD.

I don't see why they can't keep the 30% Spirit ---> SP (or, I guess now, it would be int). Or, hell, even give the int from that one talent from the T1 of resto that gives us 6% int that the name of which currently eludes me and add it to boomkin form.

Blizzard, make me want to switch into boomkin form. Make it so I can still do all the things I can do in boomkin form I can do outside of it, but punish me for it unless I go into boomkin form.

So... anyone else anxious to see what the worgen and Troll boomkin forms will be like?

Moonkin form is just like another passive buff, actualy its overbuffed talent. It should not give so much things at once, blizzard long ago started removing passive talents which increase dps too much.
    For one passive talent you get 5% spellhaste, 120% armor and imunity to polymorf. That is enough for one point talent.
    Im glad that blizzard got brain and removed our manaregen from moonkin form, crit and that massive amount of talents what affect it, that was good step.
    Now they need remove this furor int and add somewhere something...

Quote Originally Posted by huth
    Moonkin is part of being a balance druid. If you don't like it, you should look for another class to play.
    for you maybe but not for all. You can go play feral if you wanna play shapeshifter. This argument starting to be old, but fine im sure that u cannot find new one because there is not.
    I wanna play caster where form will be dynamic part of class.
    Plus i didnt say anything about removing moonkin form, just about reducing power of one passive talent, what should blizzard do.
    Last edited by Madus; 2010-07-31 at 06:52 AM.

Moonkin is part of being a balance druid. It is one of our most iconic abilities.
    Moonkin and balance druid are pretty much synonymous.

I wanna play caster where form will be dynamic part of class.
    Then go play a demonology warlock.

Don't try to change the entire world to fit your needs, adjust your needs to fit into the world.

I think it would be interesting to see Owlkin Frenzy changed to something similar to the fury warr Enrage talent where ALL dmg taken causes the bonus dmg effect.

Moonkin is part of being a balance druid. It is one of our most iconic abilities.
    Then go play a demonology warlock.
    Don't try to change the entire world to fit your needs, adjust your needs to fit into the world.
    I dont trying it, blizzard do . Removed 5% crit, 15%stun dmg reduc, crittomana, 30%spi->sp, 3%haste, reduced armor, nerfed owlkin frenzy, nerfed master shapeshifter and nearly all things we are getting back with norequirment of clownform.
    Moonkin form is iconic maybe for you but not for all balance druids.

You are trying to get the class changed so that you like it better. And you're not even doing it in the right place.

Moonkin is iconic for the majority of players(not just druids), which you obviously do not belong to.

You are trying to get the class changed so that you like it better. And you're not even doing it in the right place.

Moonkin is iconic for the majority of players(not just druids), which you obviously do not belong to.
    Its maybe iconic to those who dont know anything about druid lore, but for the most of those who know about the lore the moonkin form its nonsense.
    How does a melee creature make sence to a caster dps spec.

At least when it come live it have something moonkin (you gain mana an auto attack and it gaves you attack power).

Just because you write it?
    I can write that: Moonkin is iconic Clown and Joke for the majority of players (not just druids and not just players of wow).

Deleted
    That's what resto druids thought until it was removed. The (former) Tree community is much larger than the Moonkin community. Yet, they get nothing in return for losing their shapeshift but lost a powerful anti-CC and a generally liked appearance. I doubt they will even get a minor glyph to keep their appearance in Cata!

As already noted for both healing and ranged dps, in fact anything but feral and travel, Forms do not exist in the lore.

EDIT: removed reference to Moonkin Form-specific abilities, since they have none, they are spec-specific.

TL;DR. It wouldn't take much to remove the Moonkin Form and there would be adequate basis for it from both lore and historically since now the other caster, resto, lost theirs.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2010-07-31 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    That's what resto druids thought until it was removed. The (former) Tree community is much larger than the Moonkin community. Yet, they get nothing in return for losing their shapeshift but lost a powerful anti-CC and a generally liked appearance. I doubt they will even get a minor glyph to keep their appearance in Cata!

As already noted for both healing and ranged dps, in fact anything but feral and travel, Forms do not exist in the lore. While Moonkin have an actual Form rather than a shapeshift (Form-specific abilities being Typhoon and Starfall to date), that's only two abilities compared to the feral forms.

TL;DR. It wouldn't take much to remove the Moonkin Form and there would be adequate basis for it from both lore and historically since now the other caster, resto, lost theirs.
    Actually typhoon, starfall and insect swarm is not moonkin abilities its balance druids abilities. you can cast them with or without the form.
    And i m realy doupt if a moonkin have a power over the winds to cast typhoon. Moonkin is not a druid, its a melee creature with some capability on spells.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ELEDIN View Post
    Actually typhoon, starfall and insect swarm is not moonkin abilities its balance druids abilities. you can cast them with or without the form.
    Oh good point. They are not Form-specific. I was just thinking of the talent structure requiring points in Moonkin form to get those two abilities.

So, Moonkin is just another shapeshift with passives, just like ToL. If they removed ToL because it only granted passives, I do not see why they didn't remove Moonkin. Bloody Tree-haters in Blizzard. Someone should report them to Greenpeace!
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2010-07-31 at 01:02 PM.

Well since moonkins get alot more defensive utility in cata they lower the armor to counter it, however I think that most are getting nerfed in that way considering that all armor types are getting boosted amounts of armor.

The only real question I have regarding moonkins in cata is wether or not trolls and worgen will get their own forms, considering the tauren and nelf are unique and have some aspects that fit to the race, for example trolls do not have cow horns . And worgen do not enherit the balance power that nelf do (aka the nelf moonkin has yellow eyes wich indicates that).

Thanks to Stanton Biston for the amazing sig!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Oh good point. They are not Form-specific. I was just thinking of the talent structure requiring points in Moonkin form to get those two abilities.

So, Moonkin is just another shapeshift with passives, just like ToL. If they removed ToL because it only granted passives, I do not see why they didn't remove Moonkin. Bloody Tree-haters in Blizzard. Someone should report them to Greenpeace!
    This is actually a really good idea. Give moonkin-form a similar treatment to the ToL, some cooldown based ability to change in the chicken of doom. It will add to the shape shifting character of the druid (rather than the 'I'm-in-one-form-and-don't-shift-ever' they have now) and to the overall 'epicness' of the form (just as demon-form (should have been)).

i wish shadowpriest had a moonkuin form =(

C.M.S, My favorite thing to start the morning with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soranis View Post
    i wish shadowpriest had a moonkuin form =(
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo..............! Shadowpriest is the best looking form (and actual Form) in the game!