Thumbs up Enhancement Shaman: Need help from experienced Enhance Shamans

Hello all,

My name is Ekram and I am a shaman Enhancement (Warsong-US). Since I started on WOW I always felt in love with that class/spec, I just love fist weapons and magic and how shamans are a very unique class. Well, I´ve been colecting some gear for my shaman enhancement and right now I have a 5,6k GS and I think I got some decent raiding gear, not great, but decent.

The thing is, with other classes, with this GS, I can do much more damage them I am doing with my Shammy. I do think I understand the rotation and I do think I am geming/enchanting it right. But for some reason, I can´t get more them 5/6k gs on heroic bosses / dummyes (and that using my CDs - Spiritual Wolf/Blood Fury/Trinket and sometimes Fire Elemental). I really want to find out what I am doing wrong. I´ve heard about people who pull out 8k-10k damage and I just don´t know how, cause it seens so far away from me. So please, wise shamans, help me out.

My Rotation:
    This is my rotation (on boss):
    1. Totens - Magma / Strenght of Earth / Cleamse / Windfury
    2. Spirit Wolves
    3. Storm Strike
    4. Flameshock
    5. Earth Shock (In case Flameshock buff is still on)
    6. Lava Lash
    7. 5 Stacks of Maelstrom - Lightning Bolt
    8. Fire Nova
    9. Lightning Shield Always UP

And I do priorize the Maelstrom/LB and Storm Stike, but I do use all those skill everytime it is up. I also use Blood Fury (As I am Orc). Am I doing anything wrong on rotation?

My Gear:
    wowarmory/character-sheet.xml?r=Warsong&cn=Ekram (Sorry cant put link cause forum doesn´t allow me)

I am geming Haste and sometimes Expertise/Hit Rating. I am using 2 weapons 251 slow/large damage.

My actual DPS:
    • On Boss Dummy I can´t get my DPS higher them 5,5k. And normally it tends to be somewhere between 4k and 5k.
    • On Heroic bosses I can sometimes get to a 6k DPS but not always.
    • On ICC (30% buff) I can get 9k DPS on tank/spank bosses like Saurfang. And 6k/7k on bosses like marrowgar.

Please if you can help me, I would really appreciate. I do want to be a good Enhance DPS, it is my favorite class/spec. If you have nice links/videos or things like that, it already helps ! But If you could spend some time giving me a feedback, I would really appreciate that.

Thanks ! For the Spirits !

Are you hit/expertise "capped"?
    Do you use Shock and Awe?

i do more dps then u whit me shammy and i dont use flame shock lg-shield, think his gear score realy hate that thing but in any case is around urs,5.5k-6k summat, anyways any red socket i got 40ap, blue sockets 20ap-15stam, yellow sockets 20ap-10haste(1 10exp-10tohit for exp 26cap), got ap/crit/agi/10stats/tuskar vitality enchants, i differ to others i guess on weapons which i use accuracy on both me weapons, i think i hit 10k dps whit worse gear and 20-25% icc buff on tank and spank bosses depending on buffs, anyways shammy is alot about auto dmg and procs from sutch so i got 21% tohit 26exp and when fully raid buffed pluss proced im on 60-70% crit 16%arp around 10k ap 3k+sp weapon speed 1.2-1.4 summat cant remember, glyphs are windfury +2% chanse, storm strike pluss +8% nature dmg, lava lash +10% dmg. rotation to proc the storm strike totem fast first 2 bursts i use it fast as possible after that storm strike, e-shock, lava lash, fire nova, chain or lgb, e-shock and basicly keep up using 3-4nature attacks before stormstrike debuff is out .

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekram View Post
    Hello all,
    My Rotation:
    This is my rotation (on boss):
    1. Totens - Magma / Strenght of Earth / Cleamse / Windfury
    2. Spirit Wolves
    3. Storm Strike
    4. Flameshock
    5. Earth Shock (In case Flameshock buff is still on)
    6. Lava Lash
    7. 5 Stacks of Maelstrom - Lightning Bolt
    8. Fire Nova
    9. Lightning Shield Always UP
    This, for a start, is wrong.

Your priority queue should be as following:
    The priority list for Enhancement Shaman

MW5_LB - Cast a Lightning Bolt when you have 5 Maelstrom weapon stacks - Chain Lightning does less dmg against a single target as it doesn't scale as well. For multiple target fights then naturally using Chain Lightning will be higher dps.

Lightning Shield_0 - Cast Lightning Shield if there are no orbs left on you.
    Feral Spirit - Cast Feral Spirit if the ability is off CD. (Use your own judgement for timing with Bloodlust/Heroism)
    Shamanistic Rage - Cast Shamanistic Rage if the ability is off CD. (with 2p T10 should be used immediately)
    Stormstrike_0 - Cast a Stormstrike if there are no charges left on the target.
    Fire elemental - Cast your Fire Elemental if it is off CD (This will also free up GCDs for other abilities making it very useful during Bloodlust/Heroism).
    Magma Totem_0 - Refresh your Magma Totem if it has expired.
    Flame Shock - Cast a Flame Shock if there is no Flame Shock debuff on target.
    Earth Shock - Cast an Earth shock whenever its off cooldown and the above are not available.
    Stormstrike - Cast a Stormstrike whenever its off cooldown and MW hasn't got 5 stacks - this does a fair amount of damage but more importantly refreshes the SS debuff on the target giving 28% extra nature damage (20% base + 8% glyph).
    Lava Lash - Cast a lava lash whenever its off cooldown and none of the above abilities are available.
    Fire Nova - Cast Fire Nova regardless of single target or AOE targets.
    Magma Totem_<2 - Refresh your Magma Totem if there are 2 secs or less left.
    Lightning Shield_<2 - Refresh your Lightning Shield if low number of orbs remaining (2 or less).
    Totem refresh - if all else is on cooldown take the opportunity, if required, to refresh your totems.

Stripped right from the FAQ

Read it carefully, because the priority changes as stacks fall off, or totems are fading etc.

Hope this helped
    Last edited by Baabinator; 2010-07-31 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Clarification
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Is it just that time again? There's a huge boost of non faq reading posts with questions answered before they're even asked.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...FAQ-%283.3%29*

read that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

I threw up a little when I saw 5 stacks of Maelstrom Weapon as number 7.
    Get that Agility enchant off your gloves. AP. Always.
    Cat's Swiftness to boots, or Tuskarr's Vitality if you're cheap.
    Drop the points in Improved Stormstrike and put them in Improved Shields, if you're feeling confident in your mana pool max Improved Shields out by taking the other point out of Shamanistic Focus. You also have 1 too many in Ancestral Knowledge.. the only real reason to pick up any points there is because you need 5 to advance to the next tier of talents so go ahead and take another point out and move it to Reverberation.

As far as your DPS goes, your rotation is what's gimping you the most. You're not doing anything majorly wrong gear-wise but I can't believe how far down you had MW5 and that's going to be your problem. By pushing it so far down the list you're letting yourself sit on 5 stacks for more than a GCD meaning you're wasting any potential procs from abilities/melee swings between the time you hit 5 stacks and time time you use a Lightning Bolt.
    Also, not that it affects DPS, but I would recommend not dropping Cleansing Totem in very many PVE encounters.
    Last edited by Autonomy; 2010-07-31 at 01:30 PM.

1. Read the FAQ, after that then make a new post if you still don't understand everything.

2. As someone has already said, you priority queue is completely messed up

3. Use the crit/crit damage meta its better

4. Use AP to gloves not agility

5. Use some sort of run speed enchant on your boots.

6. You still got quit a few major upgrades left, you're still using T9 (i232) helm and gloves, if your keeping them for 2pc bonus, don't its not worth it. Also you are still using a terrible trinket, that was terrible even at T9, and an Ulduar-10 cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by elossa View Post
    i do more dps then u whit me shammy and i dont use flame shock lg-shield, think his gear score realy hate that thing but in any case is around urs,5.5k-6k summat, anyways any red socket i got 40ap, blue sockets 20ap-15stam, yellow sockets 20ap-10haste(1 10exp-10tohit for exp 26cap), got ap/crit/agi/10stats/tuskar vitality enchants, i differ to others i guess on weapons which i use accuracy on both me weapons, i think i hit 10k dps whit worse gear and 20-25% icc buff on tank and spank bosses depending on buffs, anyways shammy is alot about auto dmg and procs from sutch so i got 21% tohit 26exp and when fully raid buffed pluss proced im on 60-70% crit 16%arp around 10k ap 3k+sp weapon speed 1.2-1.4 summat cant remember, glyphs are windfury +2% chanse, storm strike pluss +8% nature dmg, lava lash +10% dmg. rotation to proc the storm strike totem fast first 2 bursts i use it fast as possible after that storm strike, e-shock, lava lash, fire nova, chain or lgb, e-shock and basicly keep up using 3-4nature attacks before stormstrike debuff is out .

Please, do not read this post ^

blue gems are 10stats not 20ap 15stamina.
    red gems are expertise and 20ap + 10haste.
    yellow gems are for 20haste and 20hit

His glyphs are completely wrong. I mean cmon... no feral spirit glyph? really?.

If you have bizuri totem, you go Stormstrike, Feral Spirit and Flame shock glyphs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargarii View Post
    Is it just that time again? There's a huge boost of non faq reading posts with questions answered before they're even asked.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...FAQ-%283.3%29*

read that.
    Locking this - read that.