Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Underwater mounts

More fly mounts
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    In UO, we never considered 'one shot' items as a gold sink. A gold sink is something that consistently removes gold from the game. But in WOW, the term has been used to mean the 'big ticket items'. Another one that I dont' think was mentioned was a bigger bag from Haris Pilton.

I think reforging has the potential to be a great gold sink, (both in UO and WOW terms).. if the price of the reforging exponentially escalates based on item quality. Green items may cost 5-10g, epics would cost 100's.

Alts are also a good gold sink. I know my main earned enough through normal gameplay to pay for epic flying and CWF, but when I got my alts into northrend, my main had to pay for both as the alts could barely pay for regular flying by just questing. The other is dual-specs. My main is going to end up paying the dual spec for my elemental/restro shaman and my disc/shadow priest.

Also, by the nature of a 'gold sink'.. engineering items ( pets and the hog) are NOT gold sinks since they don't remove gold from the game, they just transfer it from one player to another.

The hog is in fact a gold sink, as something like 12.5k gold is spent on a vendor to get items needed to make it, the actual farmed mats are minimal.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sithil View Post
    Now, to actually reply to the thread: I've got a memory that's not much more than a blur of a picture of a rocket mount (Such as the Card-Rockets and the Love-Festival-Rocket) with two seats. That seems as one possible sink, I'm not going to say I'm completely sure about this one though.

I've also heard rumors about them making 320% speed purchase-able. This should be one way to get rid of some gold, but as during previous expansions, I'm guessing something mount related. Most probably flyers with more than one seat/vendors/bank.

Not to mention the one that's already granted:
    http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...laserbeams.jpg
    Wrong. You will be able to purchase 310%. They also said that this would be the max speed for mounts.

They aren't sure what to do with epic ground mounts though.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Skill training, food, drink, regeants, it all adds up. I mean damn, it's like 18g+ each for skills from 71 to 80.
    True story. I was amazed how much more expensive abilities were in wotlk. Not to mention, what about people who pvped to 80? Not a whole lot of gold income there.
    Thank god abilities are just 1 rank in cataclysm. That'll save me a lot of gold across all my chars.

Derailed thread is derailed?

On Topic:
    Most likely a combination of
    a) Camel Mount
    b) Engineering Mount
    c) Underwater Mount(s)
    d) 310% speed flying
    e) Ring/Necklace with a teleport to Deepholm capital

I hope we get a lazer shark mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    the point is 1,000 gold is hardly a "gold sink". mechano hog, tundra mammoth, old pali and warlock epic ground mounts, THOSE were gold sinks. not a 1,000g ability to fly in a new continent.
    Don't worry, he just likes to get mad at anyone who disagrees with him. Look at his following post demanding no one refer to any form of flying.

To the OP: It has already been stated by Blizzard that the new flying will be the ability to purchase 310% flight speed that will work on all flying mounts. They have also said they plan to make it cheaper then Epic flying but that ofcourse is not a sure thing. You may not want to post on the internet if you don't want people to disagree with you. Lastly, Cold Weather Flying was not a Gold Sink...

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Summon.

What if the gold sink is in fact....A GOLDEN SINK!
    ROFL just ROFL, first time ever a troll (race not losers who troll) made my day with a forum post.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot View Post
    True story. I was amazed how much more expensive abilities were in wotlk. Not to mention, what about people who pvped to 80? Not a whole lot of gold income there.
    Thank god abilities are just 1 rank in cataclysm. That'll save me a lot of gold across all my chars.
    People that PvP'd to 80 either already had an 80 or started late in the game and would still, in fact, get summoned to Naxx or any raid for that matter seeing experience in BGs took awhile to be added. The skills, yes, they cost alot of money, but not so much that you'd be bankrupt, the food, not that expensive since most mobs drop food and you can just use that. Pay a mage for some strudels, way cheaper. Sell your quest items + gold for said quest = 20+ gold. Also i doubt you'd start with 0,0,0 when you start questing in WotLK so.

OT: Hot air balloon mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fibb View Post
    Derailed thread is derailed?

On Topic:
    Most likely a combination of
    a) Camel Mount
    b) Engineering Mount
    c) Underwater Mount(s)
    d) 310% speed flying
    e) Ring/Necklace with a teleport to Deepholm capital

I hope we get a lazer shark mount.
    Deepholm capital what? There's no new capitals in Cataclysm.

Deleted
    Haven't seen it explained yet but whatever spell it is that allows people to ride around underwater without the need to breath could potentially be quite a coin drainer.

or

[Mild Weather Flying] The many months you have spent soaring through the chilly skies of Northrend have left your winged steeds ill prepared for the more temped climate of the mainlands. Gryphons and Wind Riders must be allowed time to shed their thick winter coats and all Drakes need guidance in reverting back to a cold-blooded circulatory system.

I had to!

One day I'll be reading this forum and see someone use the word 'Troll' in the right context instead of tossing it around because they want to be cool and from teh internets.

Quote Originally Posted by Droes View Post
    Deepholm capital what? There's no new capitals in Cataclysm.
    It's a hub technically and there will be penty of those in Cata and they are nothing new.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Desimar View Post
    You sir are a comic GENIUS!! WHY!?!? WHY ARE YOU NOT ON COMEDY CENTRAL!?! WHY!??! YOU SIR DESERVE A PRIZE

On a related note please after this post DO NOT POST ABOUT: COLD WEATHER FLYING, OLD WEATHER FLYING, NORMAL WEATHER FLYING, HOT WEATHER FLYING, OR ANY OTHER TROLLING COMMENT THAT HAS AN ADJECTIVE FOLLOWED BY "WEATHER FLYING"
    But what about Old Cold Weather Flying? THAT'S STILL FUNNY !! Ha .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sithil View Post
    Now, to actually reply to the thread: I've got a memory that's not much more than a blur of a picture of a rocket mount (Such as the Card-Rockets and the Love-Festival-Rocket) with two seats. That seems as one possible sink, I'm not going to say I'm completely sure about this one though.
    The rocket is RAF mount. (already in-game also)

Simple, it will be an ability to allow us to use some ground mounts as epic flight mounts. I would love to be able to use my bike as a flying mount. But, there has to be a giant bat for me to do battle with while I drive my flying motorcycle, trailing fire across the night sky.

Yeah, I grew up listening to Meatloaf. How could you tell?

Serious, boring answer:

We simply don't know yet. It will most likely come in the last couple weeks of beta. Hopefully it will be something cool and useful that will empty out the tens of thousands of gold coins the average wow player has been hording in preparation for Cataclysm.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by C Rage View Post
    Serious, boring answer:

We simply don't know yet. It will most likely come in the last couple weeks of beta. Hopefully it will be something cool and useful that will empty out the tens of thousands of gold coins the average wow player has been hording in preparation for Cataclysm.
    This pretty much answers the question. Although, the golden sink sounded pretty cool. But, what would a Golden Sink do?

Quote Originally Posted by Torahn View Post
    But, what would a Golden Sink do?
    the real question is what wouldn't a Golden Sink do
    Quote Originally Posted by Junlee View Post
    You can't even post in the proper forum. If Blizzard employees functioned as you do, your character would queue up for a BG and end up in Molten Core.

there will be no gold sinks(minus maybe training all mounts to 310%) blizzard will just make you pay real money for all the cool mounts XD

*note* cold weather flying is not a gold sink cause lets say it was and no one or maybe 1 person had it (like mammoth) then how the hell are you gonna raid at start of xpan (naxx/uld)

Bumping this thread to see if anyone has any type of confirmed gold sink in cata.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"