Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    holy already is more fun than discipline and in my opinion is the most fun healing spec.

85% of the time a discipline priest is just shielding and keeping prayer of mending on cool down.

Quote Originally Posted by Targo View Post
    The WLK ones are called revenants and they are different type of elementals. Those bound and unbound are most likely another type of elementals. What's the difference between revenants and the regular elementals, we've previously seen? Revenants are lesser kind of elementals and for an example, in-game, fire elemental is immune to fire, fire revenant doesn't mitigate fire damage at all.
    Totally... it has absolutely nothing to do with Blizzard saying they were doing away with elemental school resistances because it was gimping certain specs. It is indeed all because Revenants are 'lesser' elementals. /sarcasm off (some people still don't get sarcasm on the interwebz)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rochedo View Post
    You dont see the point about new healing system. Healers mana will run out so if a tank can use something to help healers saving some mana why not?
    A good tank in cata in my opinion will do all he can to avoid a decente healer run out of mana.
    The healing spam is over. Now healer have to save mana when they can. Dps bring bandages, tanks mitigate all damage you can!

p.s. hope so. hate this spam system and the "healer wast your infinite mana on me while im doing 14k dps on this void zone!" or "I'm a 70khp tank and I dont need CDs to survive so never used a CD and dont care about mitigate some damage because the job of healer is heal all dmg I take, dont care how"
    I do see the point in the new healing system, I'm just saying I don't see the point in Word of Glory being used as Prot since the shield seems hardly useful and the heal, while nice, also seems a bit useless as, in my opinion at least, it would be a waste of Holy Power and a GCD for what will probably be a lackluster heal. A Prot Paladin, even with Cataclysm's inflated stats, most likely won't have enough Spell Power for Word of Glory to heal a significant amount (And yes I'm aware the talent increases Word of Glory's healing by 40% on self). Plus, healers should still have a decent amount of mana to do stuff. It won't be infinite by any means but I doubt you'll be mana-starved enough for the tank to need to heal himself. Yes, healers will be saving mana. Yes, tanks mitigate all the damage they can. But not because of the new healing system. Because of the fact that, well, that is what you're supposed to do.

As a side note, bandages are basically dead raid-wise (As far as I see) since damage interrupts them (A large amount of fights most likely have aoe damage going out every once in a while, I'd assume.) and I think all classes now have ways to save themselves so they don't have a need for bandages.

Death Knight has their various healing abilites (Rune Tap, Death Strike, etc.), Druid has healing spells and Imp. Leader of the Pack, Hunter has Deterrence, Disengage, etc., Mage has Iceblock, Blink, etc., Paladin has Divine Shield, various healing spells, etc., Priest has various healing spells, Dispersion, etc., Rogue has Vanish, Evasion, Sprint, Cloak of Shadows, etc., Shaman has various healing spells, Earth Elemental Totem, etc., Warlock has various draining spells, Metamorphosis, etc., and Warrior has Intervene, Enraged Regeneration, etc.

Just to name a few.

Edit: Also those two examples you listed are those who we healers let die until they get it through their thick skulls that it's not smart to do that. Or maybe that's just my guild. *shrug*
    Last edited by Zaerix; 2010-08-02 at 10:08 AM.

Deleted
    Hot damn, them elemental models are unbelievably awesome.

Cataclysm should be awesome judging by the info appearing all over the place. Oh, and Hogger!

Quote Originally Posted by row View Post
    Assuming that they balance raid balance around trade pugs is pretty fail. Any kind of none retarded guild does focus on picking the better raid set up for buffs and debuffs going in to it.
    He was being sarcastic. Jeez... how does it get lost on so many people? He was saying people already focus on individual dps like maniacs. And he's right.

As to your "any non retarded guild" comment. You're wrong. Once you cover all buffs/debuffs you look for dps/utility nothing else. And covering all buffs and debuffs come Cataclysm is going to require no more than 10 players. So the other 15 in a 25man raid are going to be picked for dps and utility. Blizzard damn well better get their balance both in damage and utility departments right straight away this time around or shit is really going to hit the fan on the official forums. They've left themselves no wiggle room with this expansion.

Elementals look amazing! And Stockades, it's about friggin' time they revamped that stupid instance! Seriously the only place I hated more then Gnomeregan was the Stockades because it was so pointless and had quests spread all over the place. Spend all this time gathering quests, run the instance once through, never touch it again.

Also:
    Tanking Talent in Fury Tree? (Die by the Sword)
    I play with this Fury warrior. His dps is quite high to the extent that he pulls a lot and then generally dies before anyone can respond. This talent is dedicated to him.
    I knew a Warrior like that. Made a Salv macro just for him, and had to use it quite often. Although I think it may have caused a few wipes too because the other raid members would laugh too hard >.>

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    noo they cannot capture hogger

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's safe to say that the Hogger quest alone is a good enough reason for Horde players to seriously reconsider their faction loyalties.

Deleted
    hogger >.>

Hogger!!! wow i didnt thought they would revamp the old instances this much as they have done^^

---------- Post added 2010-08-02 at 01:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Leialyn View Post
    Those elementals look ugly... I mean legs longer than body always looks ridiculous.
    um legs? i dont think elementals walks on 2 legs man, i think those are arms xD and they are usually longer the the main body

Quote Originally Posted by Zaerix View Post
    I love the new elemental models, especially the water elemental, and how Hogger is finally an official boss somewhere, even if it is just the Stockades.

Also, a word about Holy Shield. Maybe it's just me, but I think that, given a choice between (what I assume is) a weak shield from Word of Glory and refreshing Holy Shield, people will refresh every time. 6 seconds of absorption probably won't prevent as much damage as another 20 seconds of 15% block chance. But let's say that, for all purposes, Word of Glory gives a decently strong shield and an extra 15% block doesn't do shit. Unless it's on a priority to have damage taken from the Word of Glory shield before all others, it will be useless if you have Power Word: Shield or Sacred Shield on you since those will without a doubt be stronger shields due to being from actual healers.

Overall, I see what this guy means when he says that Word of Glory is insanely gimpy. If you really need the healing, something's wrong with either you or your healers as a tank shouldn't NEED to heal himself to survive. That's a job for people that aren't the tank.

Elementals don't have legs... Do you mean arms? Stand up straight. I believe your hands reach down farther than your waist. Ergo, your arms are longer than your body.
    actually some ppl are rectangle and some ppl are square the ones that are square go down to there waist not past and rectangle goes past waist

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valamivan View Post
    Elwynn Forest was merely a setback!
    What's even funnier: Hogger actually says that when you encounter him.

Blizzard, where is the "Merely a setback!"-achievement?

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow those elementals look awesome and HOGGER!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzinjoe View Post
    Totally... it has absolutely nothing to do with Blizzard saying they were doing away with elemental school resistances because it was gimping certain specs. It is indeed all because Revenants are 'lesser' elementals. /sarcasm off (some people still don't get sarcasm on the interwebz)
    It's still a good example because the elementals in WLK are immune to their respective element.

Please Blizzard... Let us, mages, summon this incredibly awesome water elemental... please :]

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzinjoe View Post
    He was being sarcastic. Jeez... how does it get lost on so many people? He was saying people already focus on individual dps like maniacs. And he's right.

As to your "any non retarded guild" comment. You're wrong. Once you cover all buffs/debuffs you look for dps/utility nothing else. And covering all buffs and debuffs come Cataclysm is going to require no more than 10 players. So the other 15 in a 25man raid are going to be picked for dps and utility. Blizzard damn well better get their balance both in damage and utility departments right straight away this time around or shit is really going to hit the fan on the official forums. They've left themselves no wiggle room with this expansion.
    There was no sarcasm in that post at all? All he was using was hyperbole which he admitted to in the post. Sarcasm=/= hyperbole. I realised he was basically saying GC's comment was wrong and that people focus on DPS more than raid balance which I have no idea why you felt the need to point out. My point was that this not true, I'll say it again any none retarded guild will tell you the most important thing in putting to together a raid is the raid balance not dps.
    This is the most focused on thing since DPS is a none matter since unless your dps are terrible they should all be doing sufficient dps for the encounter.
    Last edited by row; 2010-08-02 at 12:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nirv View Post
    They got the WHOM wrong in the quest text.
    Indeed.

Deleted
    Those elementals are dead sexy.

10+ Year Old Account
    The elementals look really cool..i hope theirs a minor/ medium glypth to change the apperance of shamans/ frost mages elementals :O