Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

So Much Fun Being A New 80 *rolls eyes*

Well, I finally leveled up my Rogue to 80 today (check my sig) after letting him sit on my account since before WotLK. I never really started to level him until around the Ulduar patch, so it's nice to finally see him at max level.

Anyways...

I have started running a few normal instances as well as a couple heroics here and there.

The problem? Once I enter, people bash me on my gear. I can understand some people not happy to see a fresh toon in a heroic (which is still stupid since he's not in ICC 5-mans), but a normal 5-man? Really? Seems that I'm catching crap because, "Someone at level 80 should have much better gear than that shit" as one PuG member put it so delicately this evening.

I'm supposed to be in epic gear to do a normal, but I can't do a heroic instance because I'm not in at least normal instance gear.

Ah, the joys of being a fresh 80...

15+ Year Old Account
    Im sorry to hear. Just repeat my moto and you will instantly feel better: "People are stupid"

Best way to shut people up is to outdps them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Other than the desperate need to replace your boots and hands, I have seen worse. People just complain to complain. You will outgear the scrubs soon enough.

i leveled my priest to 80(heals) and i get chirped, but at the end of the instance when everything goes 100% normal;its like im god or something "oh wow, i didnt think you be even remotely good at heals, ty for group"
    ..people are just dicks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synwyn View Post
    My first raiding guild, way back in Vanilla WoW - Kaywarrior was our DPS warrior. After a billion Nef kills, Ashkandi finally dropped. He jerked off on vent. Literally jerked off while keyed in. Best moment ever.
    Indeed.

How do you expect that 4pc t10, 5.5k gs death knight to get through the instance doing 2k dps if you're not carrying him?

Deleted
    I ignore them, or sometimes i use 'your mum jokes' to make myself feel better.

EG

idiot in group "you gear sucks"
    Me "so does you mum"
    or
    ME "yea I know, I've been a little busy with your mum"

Not the best, but it usually gets a group laugh.

But yea, Normals are where the retards hang out, heroics is where the mutes hang out.

Just tell em yer a fresh 80. That solves the problem for me. Yelling back at them or saying "I'M A NEW 80 IDIOT!" will make it even worse.

Like Dark Side said. People are stupid. Just ignore them. Stuff is still dying, and you'll eventually get better gear.

Especially as a pure dps class I usually grind ToC normal a few times to have some shiny purples for the idiots. Yes they are stupid, but it's my time wasted if i get booted, and it's me having less fun because they brag about my gear.

Most of the time, people who blatantly insult you are also very bad at the game and do very subpar damage. When I first hit 80, I was specced PvP arms using the blue axe from that Zul'Drak group arena thing, and I did more damage than some mage who told me that I should leave or else he'd kick me for having such bad gear in the Heroic Violet Hold we were participating in.

There is one sure-fire solution for all of it: Link meters. If that doesn't shut them up, then the rest of the group, silent as they may be, is probably rather unhappy with that individual and would gladly vote him out of the party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Other than the desperate need to replace your boots and hands, I have seen worse. People just complain to complain. You will outgear the scrubs soon enough.
    Yeah, I'm working on the Tirion Fordring quest chain in Icecrown so I can get the quest from that faceless in the cave for new boots. As for the gloves, I'm just waiting for a group to do normal CoT since the quest reward is some nice gloves.

15+ Year Old Account
    I usually team up with a tank and a healer of my friends' - That way I can't get vote kicked.

Also, as someone says, the best way to make you feel better about yourself is to go learn all there is about DPSing and then kick the snotty teeth out of the Damage meter. As a rogue, you should have a decent chance of that!
    Actually, we prefer "Ethically challenged" now.

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    Best way to shut people up is to outdps them.
    This.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Stop making useless Alts that need to be carried!
    Instance are for people in full 277 gear to run that are bored or farming badges for gems.

That's why I rolled Resto / holy as soon as I hit 80, because I normally have good enough gear to heal any instance, and on my server / battlegroup, healers are low in the alliance and it takes a long time to get one, so no one has a go at you, coz they don't want to wait another 20 minutes to finish the instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    Yeah, I'm working on the Tirion Fordring quest chain in Icecrown so I can get the quest from that faceless in the cave for new boots. As for the gloves, I'm just waiting for a group to do normal CoT since the quest reward is some nice gloves.
    Stop doing normals they are a waste of time, queue only for heroics, and if it bothers you, just leave the party chat.
    If you get kicked you can requeue right away.
    People are stupid as someone said, and if you start argueing with them you'll end up looking dumber.

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    Well, I finally leveled up my Rogue to 80 today (check my sig) after letting him sit on my account since before WotLK. I never really started to level him until around the Ulduar patch, so it's nice to finally see him at max level.

Anyways...

I have started running a few normal instances as well as a couple heroics here and there.

The problem? Once I enter, people bash me on my gear. I can understand some people not happy to see a fresh toon in a heroic (which is still stupid since he's not in ICC 5-mans), but a normal 5-man? Really? Seems that I'm catching crap because, "Someone at level 80 should have much better gear than that shit" as one PuG member put it so delicately this evening.

I'm supposed to be in epic gear to do a normal, but I can't do a heroic instance because I'm not in at least normal instance gear.

Ah, the joys of being a fresh 80...
    Ok, 1. Whenever I see that avatar....I JIZZ IN MY PANTS....seriously. Gimme a minute to change my pants....k back.

2. They're just giving you a hard time, fogettaboutit. Also, imo you're wasting your time in normal dungeons. I never waste time "gearing for heroics through normals." It's just not necessary. I could understand if you are a tank, but as a dps? Whenever I get a new 80 i usually have a handful of blues ranging from 138-200, either from BoE stuff I've picked up on my mains, or dungeon drops from when I do one of each of the normal wotlk Dungeons(non-80 ones, that is), to complete the quests, always worth it..assuming you have rested xp. I've only gotten hybrids to 80, and I just jump into heroics, even if im healing. Just buy some cheap BoE's, or give your alt BoE's your mains have collected from randoms, if your problem is not being able to queue. Whenever a friend hits 80 i help them gear and the first thing I do is go to the bank to get some BoE blues for them, and then if that's not enough we do a little AHing and hes ready to go, it's usually just those pesty heirlooms, they only count as ilvl 1.

Deleted
    Really guys what are you doing to people insult you when you are fresh 80?
    I have 7 level 80's, and i NEVER been insulted about my gear?
    Maybe it's because when i ding'd i always get flasks/food/potions to improve myself, and nobody is bitching about my gear, because they see im trying to?