Engineering vs. Jewelcrafting

Planning to change my 2nd profession... so I'm currently thinking of either doing JC that would bring me close to 100% ArP or Engineering.

I'm also curious on what could be more useful in Cataclysm since one of my chars has Jewelcrafting already.

What do you think?

Money making in Cata, if the professions don't change a whole lot, having a second JC will be better. Having a second cooldown and second character to do the daily and all that.

dps wise, JC would be my vote.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

you could be a super cool guy pver and have both!

Eng only benefits the toon that has it with its many gadget so if you're a pvper, change to Eng. If you absolutely don't set your foot in a bg/arena, do JC. It's better for pve.

i think it comes down to do u wana have fun or make a profit eng=fun jc=profit
    (Insert something witty about me being in beta)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaseladen View Post
    Sounds like someone got turned down for a date by a dragon aspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asatru View Post
    THIS THREAD IS NOW ABOUT ME AND MBSAAN'S NEW INTERNET FRIENDSHIP. -hijacked!-

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda miss having my jewelcrafter at hand, since I transferred it to horde and my hunter is stuck on alliance. Still, I really enjoy engineering, even though I don't PvP all that much, or sporadically at best. My hunter has engineering and enchanting at the moment, but it does look like engineering is going to get some extra love in Cataclysm, with some special sockets. The important thing, however, is that you choose whatever you'll enjoy the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Quesly View Post
    you could be a super cool guy pver and have both!
    This

Already have both
    Feels good man.
    B)

e: im sure blizzard has anticipated this, and probably has counters to these already
    Last edited by Israfel; 2010-08-06 at 04:39 AM.
    Everybody out of the god damn way. You got a hat full of bomb, a fist full of penis, and a head full of empty.

Not thinking of cata Engineering on a hunter doesn't really excite me since we scale so poorly with haste and the glove tinker is really the only thing for hunters.

Video is a Palit GTS450. Main display is a 24" full HD TV. Secondary display is an ACER 19" lcd at 1440x900.

If you have to choose one, I'd just go with JC. That with BS are probably (and may still be come Cata, not sure on all of the changes right now) the most flexible combination of professions, since you can use any stats you want for the full profession's benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Moobious View Post
    Not thinking of cata Engineering on a hunter doesn't really excite me since we scale so poorly with haste and the glove tinker is really the only thing for hunters.
    You realize haste becomes pretty good for us in Catacylsm right? Damn good in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer View Post
    You realize haste becomes pretty good for us in Catacylsm right? Damn good in fact.
    This, along with the Engi cogs. Plus, I want to go Goblin and rock the casbah with my mini-belt turret.

If you don't have engineering allready I would suggest that you try it out because it's like totaly awesome.

My main is a Hunter and he's an engineer and I must say that I feel spoiled with it because everytime I play an alt and I need to quickly get somewhere (another zone or even just to a mailbox) I want so bad to use the wormhole or the nitroboots. Or say I have stuffed my bags or need to get something from my bank I want to pop Jeeves out and just open my bank from there, but no. Also if I'm not mistaken I think the Gnomish Armyknife serves as a mining pick, skinning knife and all the different tools you need for engineering itself and maybe some other stuff aswell + it can ress ppl if ur lucky, and that serves perfectly for a hunter since we tend to sometimes survive wipes and thereby ressing a healer to get the next attempt on quickly.

I also like how practical the Nitro boots can be in encounters that requires you to move alot. for instant if you're laying down traps at saurfang you can use the boots to quickly sprint to the stairs, lay down trap and quickly sprint back again to max range, this also saves your disengage if the beast gets too close. or if you need to bringe the spore on festergut to the other ranged group quickly. or if you suddenly realize that your standing the the middle of where the slimepool is about to spawn on rotface hc. or that you need to quickly get to the kenetic bomb on the other side of the room on blood cunsil. or you're supposed to bite someone on the other side of the room on BQL and you want to save time. or you got agro on the blistering zombie and all CCs are on CD. ooor you're on the wrong side of the LK platform when transition phase is about to begin. or just anytime you need to run away from somthing.

I belive the practical advantage engineering brings is in fact a much larger dps gain then any other proffesion out there atm.

wow this post got alot bigger then I thought it would xP no I don't like engineering whatsoever

EDIT: I like how the button to post says "post quick reply" :P + typos
    Last edited by Om1; 2010-08-06 at 09:37 AM.

makes me wonder what your 1st profession is? If its BS I can let that sip, but if its skinning or herbing or another rubbish profession, I'll hug you and we can both cry together.