Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Cauterize... wait, what?

Tier 3:
    *Cauterize (new, 2 ranks): You have a 50/100%% chance that an attack which would otherwise kill you will instead bring you to 40% of your maximum health. However, you will burn for 12% of your maximum health every second for the next 4 sec. This effect cannot occur more than once per minute.

So if I got this right, killing blow -> boom! mage back to 40% of his health -> OUCH!!! IM BURNING!!! Hurry up and heal the mage before he burns to death!!!!

its like a, "you got 4 seconds to heal the mage before he dies again"

No a QQ post, just seems very weird.
    edit: sorry for repeat post, just saw the one below mine.

Suposly you can use iceblock after that to stop burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    you don't die, you go to 0hp then insta heal to 40% without dying, then can mana iceblock/mageward/lifeblood/whatever. SO i don't get the QQ here, you get to live, its fun, its better than being dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    so theoretically, could this effect happen, then cast (fire absorbtion mage spell that escapes my memory) and through the arcane tree gain spell power? im not looking at the talent trees atm, but could this work in theory?

Quote Originally Posted by Nourish View Post
    you don't die, you go to 0hp then insta heal to 40% without dying, then can mana iceblock/mageward/lifeblood/whatever. SO i don't get the QQ here, you get to live, its fun, its better than being dead.
    I'm pretty sure no one is "QQ"ing here Brah.
    Cauterize seems like a very interesting concept for both PvE and PvP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nourish View Post
    And then lose 12% of your health every second for 4 seconds, and die if not healed.

No one is QQing though.

Will just make it so fire mages have an addon that screams at them when they should block right after they woulda died. So now mages can get bubble and cheat death.

---------- Post added 2010-07-30 at 11:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    And then lose 12% of your health every second for 4 seconds, and die if not healed.

No one is QQing though.
    It makes it so those who are a bit slow at blocking at low health are saved. It will also be nice in progression fights as it lets you miss the voidzone :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxius View Post
    so theoretically, could this effect happen, then cast (fire absorbtion mage spell that escapes my memory) and through the arcane tree gain spell power? im not looking at the talent trees atm, but could this work in theory?
    They removed fire ward I believe.

They're taking away fire and frost ward with cata, last I heard anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by shags
    you cant parry spells but you can dodge them ...

10+ Year Old Account
    damn, would still be pretty cool if you could pull it off though what with the huge health pools that are coming our way.

Mages get a nerfed Ardent Defender? There's going to be a shitstorm of QQ from PvP'ers.

I think it's a cool concept, though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larivas View Post
    They replaced them with "Spell Ward" which absorbs Fire, Frost, and Arcane.

Deleted
    Is it just me, or didn't anyone realize that 4 seconds times 12% = 48% hp lost in 4 seconds?
    You get 40% hp back and drop down to -8%, either this is some misswriten thing OR! you're going to die after 4 seconds anyways.

Correct me if i'm wrong though.

They replaced fire/frost ward with Mage Ward

This is exactly how it would work if you were Arc/Fire spec. New arcane rotation that includes suicide :P?

10+ Year Old Account
    It sounds kinda interesting but still.. if i don't see or try something myself i cant tell more with confidence.

Seems it gives PvE mages a chance to maintain dps in heavy fights and PvP ones the ability to survive more.

We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by d44n86 View Post
    Is it just me, or didn't anyone realize that 4 seconds times 12% = 48% hp lost in 4 seconds?
    You get 40% hp back and drop down to -8%, either this is some misswriten thing OR! you're going to die after 4 seconds anyways.

You're correct, we need to Ice Block/Mage Ward/Mana Shield/Ice Barrier/Be healed or shielded by an ally to survive.

ardent defender / cheat death mechanic... it's nothing new, i don't know what you're so confused about.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larivas View Post
    They combined it into one ward. Mage Ward. Which now affects Fire/Frost/Arcane spells.

Cauterize looks like it's a good ability. And all it will need will be a rejuv/renew to counter the damage in pvp. Then a quick heal up and you're good to go.

PVP it makes fire have some more get out of jail cards, since it's the squishiest of the pvp specs.

Quote Originally Posted by d44n86 View Post

This is intended! You die after cheating death if you/healer dont do something to mitigate the effect. Come on... it really isnt so difficult, just IB, Mageward, get a heal. The cheating death mechanic is fantastic btw. Great job Blizz!