The Deathwing Scar

Is it just me or does anyone else prefer the idea of Deathwing having returned to Azeroth by punching through the ground to having risen from the maelstrom?

I'm not trying to pointlessly complain or anything, I can live with the latter but it just doesn't seem to me like just flying out through the maelstrom would cause the planet such a heavy blow that it would start literally tearing itself apart. Smashing his way out through the barriers between planes and leaving a gaping scar to forever mark where such a huge event in the history of Azeroth originated from seems like a much better explanation for the cataclysm.

The "butt hole" theory is fine.

If something bigger than the hole comes in or out, the hole will stretch to a wanted size.

And unfortunatly Mael is in the ocean... So it´s like you would do a bigy in a pool, your hole and passage increased with 300%.

Then you indeed would actually suck all the water and everything in the water with your anus.

We should all be careful what we do with our pink cheeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Elixor View Post

If something bigger than the hole comes in or out, the hole will stretch to a wanted size.

And unfortunatly Mael is in the ocean... So it´s like you would do a bigy in a pool, your hole and passage increased with 300%.

Then you indeed would actually suck all the water and everything in the water with your anus.

Um what...

The Dragon Aspect of Earth can do a lot with earth.

You have to remember that Deathwing breaking into Azeroth from Deepholm caused damage to Azeroth on a metaphysical level. This damage manifests both physically (in volcanoes, earthquakes, etc.) and magically (rifts to the elemental planes forming all over the place, floating rocks in Westfall, etc.).

Either way, the same amount of damage is done.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard forgot that the deeprun tram went underwater at some point, so they had to put ocean between SW and IF. nice to see they paid attention, even after it was a little too late

10+ Year Old Account
    What I don't understand is why people think that him coming through the Maelstrom automatically means he isn't breaking through from Deepholm to Azeroth. He isn't passing through an already existing hole, he's smashing through the barriers between Azeroth and the Elemental Plain. He just happens to be doing it at a place of extreme chaos and power instead of some random hunk of land.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Blizzard forgot that the deeprun tram went underwater at some point, so they had to put ocean between SW and IF. nice to see they paid attention, even after it was a little too late
    it was supposed to go to teldrassil but that was scrapped in vanilla beta, they just never bothered to change it, im not a geomotrist (sp) but if you dig deep enough on land, dont you hit water in some places? i don't know, im too tired to think straight.

ot: if you push a pencil through a small hole on a piece of paper, it will make it large enough for the pencil to push through. imagine deathwing is the pencil, the maelstrom is the hole and azeroth is the paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    lol if you knew that that monster Nessy was in that "ocean" part of the deeprun tram youll know that for the sake of looking cool blizz made the tram look like it went under Loch Modan...but now that its pretty much all dried up i wonder how the tram will look if they choose to change it at all.

and to the OP, it would definately be a much bigger event if deathwing stormed outta the maelstrom cuz that pretty much destroyed deepholm if youre in the beta and see how theres a giant hole in the ceiling of deepholm and the place is destroyed and since thats the plane of earth it would manifest itself in azeroth causing destruction and also blowing out of the maelstrom will cause tidal waves destroying things like thousand needles and rise cities like vashj'ir. if deathwing blew outta deepholm by "punching a hole in the ground" it would sure as hell cause a cataclysm cuz it would be just as bad, but the whole malestrom thing almost polishes it and makes it sound prettier and more logical.

10+ Year Old Account

thank you i needed a good laugh today lol

(P.S ten interwebs for the new signature too!)

Quote Originally Posted by Edok View Post
    thats thralls "i want to lick your windows" face.

I was a little skeptical of Deathwing coming out of the Maelstrom at first, until I read this: http://www.wowwiki.com/Rift_(Maelstrom)

"At the end of the War of the Ancients, the powers released in the Well of Eternity blasted the well downward into Azeroth's molten core. 10,000 years later that core is still exposed. The well's descent broke an enormous fissure in the ocean floor. The red and orange light from lava is visible deep, deep down."

This could easily be explained as a weak spot between Deepholm and the real world. Deathwing might be really powerful, but surely even he would look for a thin spot in reality rather than waste his strength.

lolwut

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vesker View Post
    Is it just me or does anyone else prefer the idea of Deathwing having returned to Azeroth by punching through the ground to having risen from the maelstrom?

I'm not trying to pointlessly complain or anything, I can live with the latter but it just doesn't seem to me like just flying out through the maelstrom would cause the planet such a heavy blow that it would start literally tearing itself apart. Smashing his way out through the barriers between planes and leaving a gaping scar to forever mark where such a huge event in the history of Azeroth originated from seems like a much better explanation for the cataclysm.
    Does it really make a difference? I know one of the major QQ's about him coming out of the scar was that the scar was literally right next to SW, giving allies an "advantage" If you have never seen the maelstrom, you should it's very cool. There is a sticky at the top by Pandamonium if you want to check it out.
    "Making brownies is more manly than Jesus." -Caleb Guzmen

Guide to Great Weight Loss and Muscle Growth. Completely free and written by yours truely.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...9#post11680619

10+ Year Old Account
    I was hoping this thread title was implying Blizzard had some something to make the in-game Deathwing Scar interesting.

A large, black, mostly uniform trough between Azeroth/Khaz Modan and Lordaeron isn't terribly interesting. They may as well get rid of it as it is.
    Signature? Feck!