Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Mage is FAR easier than rogue, and mind you, I have played arena and a lot of bgs on both of these classes. It's probably just that I was playing mage in early WotLK, when s5 just started and people had bad gear, so they weren't actually going down in GCD, and I'm playing rogue now, when 1 mistake means poor rogue is dead. Sad story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

mage and rogue are the 2 hardest classes to master, just letting you know now

except mutilate, but real rogues that've played since vanilla or bc don't like that spec anyway
    Last edited by Ralamus; 2010-08-13 at 12:10 AM.
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asatru View Post
    That's what I just said bro.
    Didn't you agree with the guy saying that Rogues hit like a wet noodle?

Quote Originally Posted by Shampayne1985 View Post
    Envenom says HAI
    Yeah bro those massive 5combopoint 3500damage envenom crits in arena are brutal, how do people even hope to survive

you cant go wrong with either, both are faceroll, both are the best pvp classes in the game.with that said, mage is a little bit more faceroll than rogues.

If you've ever watched an RMP match, the major thing you'll notice is the rogue is the major damage dealer + MS and the mage is there to control, cc, and throw in extra damage. It depends on what sort of role you want to play in pvp. If you want to peel constantly with control and set up kills, play a mage. Rogues also throw in their own cc to an extent (blind, sap, crippling) but they put out more pressure than a mage, especially on healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian View Post
    Didn't you agree with the guy saying that Rogues hit like a wet noodle?
    Yeah bro.

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asatru View Post
    Yeah bro.
    Everyone hits like a wet noodle with Ilvl 232 weapons, just a reminder.

Rogue because mistakes are unacceptable and can be game-changing.

Mages have alot of stuff that carries them if they know how to play, their damage might not be that good until they get better gear, but the control is still there nonetheless.

However, Good mages are alot harder to find than good rogues imo dont know if its just my server...

I am not going to answer what class is easier, since it would only turn into a flamefest.

What I am going to say is that Rogues are alot more reliant on gear, and 1 mistake on a Rogue can (and most of the time, will) cost you, a mage has more room to make mistakes.

Not to mention unpreventable RNG that can completely screw you over without you having any influence on it as a Rogue, while on a mage RNG is only a factor that can help.

Deleted
    There both easy. Having a lot of tools doesnt equal difficult. If you have never played either class it will be somewhat hard to learn all the abilities and mechanics but if you spend some time with both classes you will be surprised at how powerful they both are even in mediocre hands.

If you level either class up from 0 it will be a breeze to play and you will have a much easier time in pvp then you would with a lot of other classes.

Infact rogue and mage are the only classes that can kill other people consistently as fresh 70 or 80.

I can't speak for high end arena on either class but i cant imagine rogue being very difficuly.

Quote Originally Posted by bateman View Post
    you cant go wrong with either, both are faceroll, both are the best pvp classes in the game.with that said, mage is a little bit more faceroll than rogues.
    I don't even know where to start with this...

having both a rogue and a mage, i can say that they are neither faceroll (unless your mutilate, then you just pick something and train it down, fun in bg's).

so basically, frost mage, and subtlty rogue.

they both have a lot of tools at their fingertips, and are both affective. mage has a little more control i think, though some people dont like the timing that is required with casted spells vs instant twitchyness of rogues.

i love both personally, and if i find myself frustrated on one, i go play the other. or i play my Dk if i feel like being extremely annoying support.

ah, i love them all.

just dont roll a enhancement shaman for pvp, they are great fun in pve...but pvp...ugh

edit: the one thing they have in common, is despite how easy or difficult you find them at first, they have very high and apparent skill caps. making them two of the hardest classes to master in pvp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aether99 View Post
    edit: the one thing they have in common, is despite how easy or difficult you find them at first, they have very high and apparent skill caps. making them two of the hardest classes to master in pvp.
    ^^This. Which makes this entire thread a little pointless since the wrong question is being asked.

Quote Originally Posted by aether99 View Post

I also have one of both classes and this is correct.
    And the amount of bias in this thread against rogues would make you think this thread came straight out of Vanilla

If a rogue screws up he becomes nothing more than a free kill and a mage on any team usually makes the difference between a win and a loss, a good mage will make it look easy and a bad mage will lose you every game.

I would say mage is harder simply because the player behind the keyboard needs to be good at controlling the battle.

Deleted
    frost mage has less frustration = easy
    infinite kiting of melee classes and less risk taking

Quote Originally Posted by ralh View Post
    We don't know how Cata PvP will look like, but at the moment rogues are pretty easy, while mages are possibly the hardest class in PvP. With all the tools mages have, and not many new ones in the rogue arsenal in Cata, i imagine that might still be the case then.

I wonder how many people in this thread will claim frost mages are easy. Sure, they're OP, i agree. But nowhere near easy.
    You ever played mage? I play my mage everyday, sitting at 2k4 rating and I can tell you that it's easy, just takes time to get used with.

Rogue
    -easier
    -worst

Mage
    -harder
    -better