Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Legendary items should scale.

Think about it, shouldnt legendary items (only) scale with level? Look at Thrall, still lugging around the doomhammer. Thats an old weapon... if it never scaled he would be pretty weak. How cool would it be if all the time you sunk into getting a legendary was rewarded by letting you keep it all through-out the expansions. Personally, I think my shadowmourne is pretty f'in cool and it makes me a sad panda that its probably gonna be gone, knowing blizzard, at lvl 81.

No, thats a terrible idea.
    EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLIN. ┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓

if you throw out shadowmomourne at 81 then something's wrong with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, your shadowmourne is not cool.

However, some limited scaling would be nice, maybe make it about as powerful as a green of the player's level. At least then it wouldn't be completely useless if you wanted to use it questing for a while.

Deleted
    While it seems like a cool idea, they'd have to remove the possibility of getting the old legendaries then.

The problem therein is that it effectively forces those who want to play to their best to do old content forever. And regardless of how well designed anything is, do it for long enough, and you will get sick of it. These items becoming useless also (oddly) helps maintain their rarity. Few people find it worth it to spend the time to get them after they become obsolete, so when you do see someone with one of these items, you think "Oh awesome!". If they were to remain good however, you can guarantee that you'd see a lot more of these legendaries, and then they become as common as it gets.

Sorry, no. You don't get a permanent BiS weapon because you can clear 11/12 ICC.

Herein, we discuss matters of the utmost importance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    if you throw out shadowmomourne at 81 then something's wrong with you.
    Not really, http://cata.wowhead.com/item=55052
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillistrar View Post
    Also, I love your short-temper. Did you know that people like you are the most fun to mess with? Not that I'm doing it. Yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazoric View Post
    Interception...
    Is that a like a charge within a charge? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it could potentially work if they scaled in their respective expansion. Vanilla, TBC and wrath legendaries can't scale to Cata standars, that would be too imbalanced. However, I wouldn't mind the idea that Cata legendaries upgrade with new content, to their respective item levels.

What's to stop people from farming old easy content for bis current content? The only way would be to remove the old weaps and that's no fun for old world achievers.

I think it should be BiS for 1 expansion, then throw it away
    the uld healing mace would be cool if it scaled a bit so that it is BiS (my info says: H:trauma is BiS, then the uld legendary, not 100% about that though) in ICC also
    but really...6 years with the same weapon? I call lame!

We Know you don't have shadowmomourne. Bad troll is bad

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    No.

Thori'dal didn't have this happen, nor will Shadowmourne.

No they shouldn't scale otherwise that would negate the entire point of equipment progression.

"Onoes I need a super weapon but raids r hard work! I NOES! Lets raid (insert old raid here) for an item that will level with me!!!11"

Dumb idea is dumb

If u throw away shadowmourne at 81 you are probably on meth. I entered naxx still in alot of my sunwell pieces and t6 set on...

Quote Originally Posted by Team Frosty View Post
    No.

Thori'dal didn't have this happen, nor will Shadowmourne.
    Thori'Dal was still BiS until 3.1 hit.
    Goozelina The Light of Dawn, Spaced Invaders.
    Twisting Nether EU.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Until you went into Naxxramas.

Shadowmourne is ugly, and really has no meaning to it if you ask me.

Maybe weakly like account bound items. Nothing more.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayded1 View Post
    Maybe weakly like account bound items. Nothing more.

Heirlooms won't level with you in Cataclysm when you are level 80+, so no.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Christ View Post
    Sorry, no. You don't get a permanent BiS weapon because you can clear 11/12 ICC.
    What do you care if someone else has a permanent BIS weapon... how does that effect you? it takes a good amount of time sink to get a legendary weapon. Should you not be rewarded for your time sink? Or, to put it a better way, Whats the difference if I sink time into getting the Cataclysm legendary... I still have it and you dont. I'll tell you what the difference is, oodles of more time sink and a different model. Why not reward the people who sink the time and not make them do it again... maybe they can have a cap of 1 legendary per character....
    Last edited by aragorn1ring; 2010-08-13 at 04:05 PM.