Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[spoilers]Time lapse+Lich king

So, we all know that that it's been 10 years since Burning Crusade to Cataclysm, World of WarCraft time. So from WOTLK, to Cataclysm it's been about 5 years. Why is that so important? Let's start off with Wrath of the Lich King loading screen in Cataclysm.

Lore:

Arthas was frozen for 5 years to merge fully with Ner'Zhul. Then he broke out, the current WOTLK loading screen is Arthas sitting on his throne.

So from assuming, it takes 5 years to merge fully with Ner'zhul once putting on the helmet.

The newest Cata loading screen for WoTLK has Bolvar, (current lich king) NOT frozen but looking down at his hands, like if he's just woken up from his 5 year dreaming. Could it be that he might have another story in Cataclysm? Or am i just digging to deep? I think it's possible for Bolvar to have some kind of story in Cataclysm. I mean, after all we can't just LEAVE that entire long ass war behind like it never happened.

I think with the loading screen, Bolvar has finally woken up. He's free now, and he'll be waiting... just like Arthas did.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was 5 years since Classic to Cataclysm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    You're right. Blizzard shouldn't have temporarily banned you. They should have sent a couple employees to your residence to Jay and Silent Bob you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    I saved a man's life today by performing brain surgery and removing a tumor the size of a quarter from his frontal lobes. God damnit I wish I wasn't ignorant though, cause I have no idea what an LSAT is. I don't know the radius of the Moon either.
    I took part in the LSAT/Cataclysm release date thread.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    sorry to be a buzzkill but i dont think so tim

cata didn't happen 5 years after wotlk, deathwing tears out of the ground when we are fighting in northrend. This is according to the Trailer when the very first news about cata was relesed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilgohr View Post
    cata didn't happen 5 years after wotlk, deathwing tears out of the ground when we are fighting in northrend. This is according to the Trailer when the very first news about cata was relesed.
    yet some 1 else who misread the trailer

as the war against the lichking continues, they are trying to make a lasting peace.
    no he dosnt come out of the ground while we are taking on the lk

cata takes place rougly 6 months to a year later

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it's ment to suggest that Bolvar has just recently woken up or even that he has or will merge with Ner'Zhul or that he will let that effect is actions, he's immortal now, and was also completely purified by the dragons flames. I think Blizz just made an updated loading screen and did not want to feature a block of ice with a blurry red and black silhouet.
    "I intend to live forever."

Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    yet some 1 else who misread the trailer

as the war against the lichking continues, they are trying to make a lasting peace.
    no he dosnt come out of the ground while we are taking on the lk

cata takes place rougly 6 months to a year later
    I remember reading a spoiler that someone said in cataclysm an npc says "I remember you! 10 years ago in Outlands" plus you do that quest in westfall that shows a bunch of noobs in Classic killing varian and then this little girl sees vancleef die and like it snaps to present time and shes a WAY older woman

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave12 View Post
    I remember reading a spoiler that someone said in cataclysm an npc says "I remember you! 10 years ago in Outlands" plus you do that quest in westfall that shows a bunch of noobs in Classic killing varian and then this little girl sees vancleef die and like it snaps to present time and shes a WAY older woman
    That quest was five years in the past, during classic. There is no pre-teen model in the game, and Vaneesa was 12 at the time. In fact, there are other kids like this in The Escape from Durnholde.
    You're right. Blizzard shouldn't have temporarily banned you. They should have sent a couple employees to your residence to Jay and Silent Bob you.
    I saved a man's life today by performing brain surgery and removing a tumor the size of a quarter from his frontal lobes. God damnit I wish I wasn't ignorant though, cause I have no idea what an LSAT is. I don't know the radius of the Moon either.

No.
    Stop posting.
    I'm beginning to think you're either a troll or just very stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nahte View Post
    That quest was five years in the past, during classic. There is no pre-teen model in the game, and Vaneesa was 12 at the time. In fact, there are other kids like this in The Escape from Durnholde.
    Ahh see I didn't know her age. I'm also not in the beta, so I don't know the details, sorry for my stupidity.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cata takes place 3 years after wrath. Anduin is 15 in cata and was 12 in wrath, making him 11 in bc and 10 in vanilla. Since people are gonna ask for a source, wowwiki.

Saying that the lich king will have a return is like saying Maiev will make a return... we had no problem shedding TBC like a dried out snakeskin, I don't think think it is too far fetched to believe that the lich king will be stricken from the future lore development.

Just like Maiev and Akama... just like maiev... and akama...
    Shiny shiny epics. NO NO, look with your eyes, not with your hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh see I didn't know her age. I'm also not in the beta, so I don't know the details, sorry for my stupidity.
    NP. It's better to admit a mistake than backlash.

watch the fuckin Cata trailer u noob it says WHILE WE ARE FIGHTING THE LICH KING!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jonfauscett View Post
    Just like Maiev and Akama... just like maiev... and akama...
    i c wat u did thar
    OT: I think it's just Blizzard trying to give shiny new loading screens not foreshadowing future events.

Analogy time:

Think of the Lich King as a large dog. Now without Arthas he was pretty weak (Relative).. so merging with Arthas was like feeding the dog and nurturing it for a few years. Now Arthas isn't the nicest dog handler, and although he kinda doesn't want people to all die there is a part of him that lets the dog run out and bite others. And another part of him holds the dog back. When he dies its like letting the dog off his leash all of a sudden he is going to start attacking shit left and right.

Bolvar is the new Dog handler... only he has less of a tendency to want people bitten. He is a much more responsible handler. Now the Lich King still wants to go around attacking people... but he cant because he is leashed. Bolvar can't make the Lich King do stuff (hence why he doesnt just send the scourge to end Deathwing) but he can stop them from doing anything. Any provocation would likely make it harder to keep the Lich King "leashed". This is why we can't just kick the dog why Bolvar is restraining him. The dog would get too pissed and break Bolvar in half.

Slowly the Dog's anger might cause Bolvar to be angry himself... but it will take a long time.

*Note that this post in now way represents my feelings towards dogs. I love them they are great/ not bloodthirsty undead creatures...

10+ Year Old Account
    No. its been 5 yeas rare time , but in lore its been about 15 years

10+ Year Old Account
    yea that guy in hyjal who says hyjal was 10 years ago...... that was warcraft 3

---------- Post added 2010-08-14 at 08:04 AM ----------

every female ingame uses the same model no middleground exists between child and adult, shes roughly 16

---------- Post added 2010-08-14 at 08:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maedhros View Post
    watch the fuckin Cata trailer u noob it says WHILE WE ARE FIGHTING THE LICH KING!!!
    troll

Deleted
    Have you all forgotten the Westfall and the vancleefs daugther quest in the beta? You go back several years in time and see her dad get killed and her model is a child, now its a woman

Anyone have a link to this Bolvar loading screen??

Edit: whoops jumping to forums without checking the main page ftl
    Last edited by Lucifersam; 2010-08-14 at 08:12 AM.