Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelger View Post
    Well, in that vein, why did they bother rebuilding Stormwind in the first place? It's a symbolic thing. And because a gaping hole is kinda ugly.
    Well yes and no. The city itself is important and therefore symbolic but the land it is built upon isn't (unless it is some sort of spiritual grounds that I am unaware of). I understand the area is ugly to look at but you can easily clean it up and just connect the wall between the mage quater and the Cath.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazismoron View Post
    ffs.gnomes have tech powers to help clean out the mess.
    shamans can revive/idk what they can do with lands, but they can.
    druids can do the whole regrowth bullshit.
    and you know, we have gilneas refugees would built houses and stuff, you know.
    you are silly if you think generic shaman number 43590506 can just reassemble a cliffside that have crashed into the ocean...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastrcapn View Post
    A new district is a lot more then the Draenei got.
    Ever.
    ...Forest Song,The Harborage also still have ownership of there capital dont worry im sure the draenei will get something when the Burning legion surface again i love are blue foreigners aswell

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardian View Post
    I can't really follow what you are saying, but yes, these trees are logical within the game universe, related to the Druid-Worgen connection. Which is why the Worgen have their district in Darnassus. It's possible, but anything is possible. Gnomes could suddenly take over SW. But is that probable, given the current content? No. And it's also not probable given that a whole chunk of land has been destroyed and the Worgen already have a district. They are part of Stormwind. There are inside of the city of Stormwind, so they are part of Stormwind. They don't connect to Elwynn Forest at all, and they are considered subzones of Stormwind City, so that's a silly argument.

I agree with you about the Druid connection between Worgen and Night Elfs. But don't forget that Worgen are not only Druids...They get a SMALL district. Worgen were also humans. Exept the Druids i think they prefer to be in SW. Their King is there!
    And yeah i know Night Elfs helped them escape..Humans send 7th legion to defend Gilneas and their mission is succesful.
    Now about the park...you are saying : There is no reason to rebuild it , because we have a park behind the Cathidral.
    It's not difficult with shamanistic power and with some druid help to bring some land in that empty hole.
    And then Worgen can build houses with Gilnean style.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    you are silly if you think generic shaman number 43590506 can just reassemble a cliffside that have crashed into the ocean...
    I bet Thrall could.... but yeah thats a discusion for another day ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Shroud View Post
    ok now your just being silly like what kelger says its a big turn off to many players and with gen greymane in Stormwind which makes no sense at all the druid trainer is in the house in the graveyard that is true. But from a tactical perspective it doesnt make sense im not saying worgen are getting a dam district im just saying they can rebuild the part of stormwind to be like a dam terrace over seeing the ocean thats not that hard to do.Im calling it right now your very bias and your post of field with anger, (Opinion Here ) and i find you rather annoying mid.(Opinion Off).
    I just addressed this. This has nothing to do with the discussion of adding a new Park or another Worgen district. Yes, they can repair some of the damaged walls. Okay? See, you are conflating just repairing some damage with a Worgen district though, since you both added about Genn Graymane. Make up your minds. The Genn Graymane allusion suggests that you think Worgen should have an area in the city. But then you just sayd they should repair the few damaged walls that still remain. And yet you both resort to calling me asinine and biased. Huh?

---------- Post added 2010-08-15 at 09:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal View Post
    I agree with you about the Druid connection between Worgen and Night Elfs. But don't forget that Worgen are not only Druids...They get a SMALL district. Worgen were also humans. Exept the Druids i think they prefer to be in SW. Their King is there!
    And yeah i know Night Elfs helped them escape..Humans send 7th legion to defend Gilneas and their mission is succesful.
    Now about the park...you are saying : There is no reason to rebuild it , because we have a park behind the Cathidral.
    It's not difficult with shamanistic power and with some druid help to bring some land in that empty hole.
    And then Worgen can build houses with Gilnean style.
    Like I said, the Howling Oak is NOT a small district. Take the Dwarven District, for example. How much if it is actually used for something? How much of it is just filler buildings that you can't enter? What it makes up for in size, it lacks in content. The Worgen district may be a realization, and a new philosophy of only using the amount of space that you necessarily need.
    And I'm saying, what you are saying about making another Park, that was completely destroyed and is just emptiness, and suddenly turning it into land again is very farfetched.

Quote Originally Posted by Camelfan View Post
    I bet Thrall could.... but yeah thats a discusion for another day ^.^
    im fairly certain thrall could but he isnt our generic shaman number 43590506^^ btw not trying to start a discussion as you said it can wait till another day

10+ Year Old Account
    I just addressed this. This has nothing to do with the discussion of adding a new Park or another Worgen district. Yes, they can repair some of the damaged walls. Okay? See, you are conflating just repairing some damage with a Worgen district though, since you both added about Genn Graymane. Make up your minds. The Genn Graymane allusion suggests that you think Worgen should have an area in the city. But then you just sayd they should repair the few damaged walls that still remain. And yet you both resort to calling me asinine and biased. Huh?
    well its more that i saw an unfinished model of the worgen district right now im trying desperately to find it but it was interesting but since blizzard changed there mind about the district yes i would like them to ahve a district and i guess im being a little confusing so heres a full run down on my thoughs

Yes i wished they would get one but due to blizzard saying otherwise i gave up still sore on the subject

Yes i do think in some shape or form they will rebuild,repair etc the parts of stormwind that have been destroyed

No i dont like the idea that the worgen have adistrict in Darnassus.

Yes im veyr passionate about Orgimmar and Stormwinds status when i heard they were improving them i jumped for joy but was sadden to see that we get a half finished Org and a partially destroyed Stormwind(but got more to it kinda bitter-sweet if you will).

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    im fairly certain thrall could but he isnt our generic shaman number 43590506^^ btw not trying to start a discussion as you said it can wait till another day
    All I want to know is when Shaman suddenly got the ability to create large landmasses out of nothing? x3

---------- Post added 2010-08-15 at 09:15 PM ----------

well its more that i saw an unfinished model of the worgen district right now im trying desperately to find it but it was interesting but since blizzard changed there mind about the district yes i would like them to ahve a district and i guess im being a little confusing so heres a full run down on my thoughs

Yes i wished they would get one but due to blizzard saying otherwise i gave up still sore on the subject

Yes i do think in some shape or form they will rebuild,repair etc the parts of stormwind that have been destroyed

No i dont like the idea that the worgen have adistrict in Darnassus.
    Well, that's fine. Though, you are here admitting that you are the biased one, so don't use that against me. Yes, it would be nice, I'd agree, to have Gilnean architecture in SW. But everything points to: no. And, I think it's also possible that they rebuild the little bit that is damaged. It's like...three walls? Then yes, repairing that makes sense. T

Deleted
    All I want to know is when Shaman suddenly got the ability to create large landmasses out of nothing? x3
    Patch 5.0:

*New!* Landmass: Cost = 100% Mana. Generates a landmass that will exist in said spot until the next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastrcapn View Post
    A new district is a lot more then the Draenei got.

Ever.
    At least the Draenei's have their city and areas...
    We don't know if Worgen keep Gilneas and their District that they can call home is a tree -.-.

Deleted
    Well i caint link the thread wear they stated that there would be a Worgen district in Darnassus, but if you read it you will understand that they only point out that its only natural that there will be one there as the worgen are going to be able to be druid's.
    And not that it would be the only place wear there is a worgen place, and as the worgen king is right now in SW and proble will stay there, then one scould presume that there will be some sort of place for worgen there but what and how and even if is not possible for me to say.

So all i can and will say is that im realy looking forward to the reales so i can se the final placing.

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    We don't know if Worgen keep Gilneas and their District that they can call home is a tree -.-.
    I think it's cool. Those trees look awesome. And they have plenty of small outposts. See, you are just basing the fact that there has to be a SW Worgen district on your own personal dissapointment at how the Darnassus district looks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorwal View Post
    Well i caint link the thread wear they stated that there would be a Worgen district in Darnassus, but if you read it you will understand that they only point out that its only natural that there will be one there as the worgen are going to be able to be druid's.
    And not that it would be the only place wear there is a worgen place, and as the worgen king is right now in SW and proble will stay there, then one scould presume that there will be some sort of place for worgen there but what and how and even if is not possible for me to say.

So all i can and will say is that im realy looking forward to the reales so i can se the final placing.
    Darnassus is going to get a small Worgen district because Worgen are the new Druid-like race for the Alliance, so it makes perfect sense that they would have a spot there. We have a whole new art style we’ve created: It’s these buildings that look like they’re built out of trees but they’re Worgen-style, so they’re dark and spooky – they fit the Gilneas style. And those will go into a section of Darnassus.

http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/pc/games...ing-Cataclysm/

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's cool. Those trees look awesome. And they have plenty of small outposts. See, you are just basing the fact that there has to be a SW Worgen district on your own personal dissapointment at how the Darnassus district looks.
    agreed i might have some bias towards Stormwind but i equally love them both i think alot of people were dissapointed that night elves of all people got the worgen district( which i do hate darnassus the most thers the bias :P)

10+ Year Old Account
    If they add some buildings around the tree with Gilnean architecture i ll be happy.

agreed i might have some bias towards Stormwind but i equally love them both i think alot of people were dissapointed that night elves of all people got the worgen district( which i do hate darnassus the most thers the bias :P)
    Yeah, see. I would love the district to be in SW too. But I think it makes sense this way, and SW is fine. SW gets an awesome new rural area, with two lakes, and some extra buildings. It's pretty. I mean, Gilnean architecture among SW architecture wouldn't actually make that much sense, anyways. But a big druidic tree in Darnassus, that does make sense.

---------- Post added 2010-08-15 at 09:23 PM ----------

If they add some buildings around the tree with Gilnean architecture i ll be happy.
    I honestly don't see that happening, which relates to my last post. Darnassian and Gilnean architecture wouldn't mix. At most, I'd think they would put some of those Gilnean tents, like are in Raven Hill and Felwood, around the tree.

10+ Year Old Account
    And when was the last time you were in the Exodar?

... That's what I thought. Is it really worth meriting another new city that will be too close to the Undercity (constantly raided) and only hung out in by RPers? Implementing Gilneas City as a battleground assures a lot more people will be in it and interacting a lot more.

Which is why I am disappointed about the new Battle for Gilneas map... Seems like Worgen may get a new city after all.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, see. I would love the district to be in SW too. But I think it makes sense this way, and SW is fine. SW gets an awesome new rural area, with two lakes, and some extra buildings. It's pretty. I mean, Gilnean architecture among SW architecture wouldn't actually make that much sense, anyways. But a big druidic tree in Darnassus, that does make sense.

---------- Post added 2010-08-15 at 09:23 PM ----------

I honestly don't see that happening, which relates to my last post. Darnassian and Gilnean architecture wouldn't mix. At most, I'd think they would put some of those Gilnean tents, like are in Raven Hill and Felwood, around the tree.
    agreed on that hmm this is actually quite weird we accomplished on settling an argument on the internet no less o.O

agreed on that hmm this is actually quite weird we accomplished on settling an argument on the internet no less o.O
    Yeah, I'm glad we could come to a consensus xD That is basically what I was arguing the whole time. It would be ideal, but seems pretty obvious that things are going in the direction of SW not getting a Worgen district, and that there will be no new SW district, besides possibly some rebuilding of walls.
    Last edited by Midgardian; 2010-08-15 at 09:29 PM.