Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Bad Customer Service?

Has anyone else encountered horrible customer service from Blizzard?
    -

I fell for a really simple scam(Primordial Essence prices as Saronite) and decided to open a ticket.

It was answered by a standard copy/paste policy message.

I asked for additional help and requested a live reponse so I could better explain the situation.

Later I was messaged by a GM. Here is a basic recap.

GM: -Long RP Greeting.-
    Me: Hello
    GM: I saw you have a question about the AH.
    Me: Yes, Thank you. Im happy to get an actual person.
    GM: -Spams Pre Writtem message as before.-
    GM: Is there anything else I can assist you with?
    Me: Yes, I feel this is a direct attempt to scam players, that obviously works.
    GM: AH Scams do not exist. This was your error. The system is perfect. Is there anything else?
    ME: So you see a reason for a junk item like this to be posted other than to rip people off?
    GM: Players often inflate items prices in order to deceive others. Be careful what you buy.
    (Contradiction?)
    Me: So you really dont see the issue or your just following policy?
    System: Chat Session Has Ended.

Lots of attemps to dismiss the customer and grey answers to most questions.

As a CSR who probably makes less than him... this made me want to choke him.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Meh, you're fault for falling for it.

Deleted
    Still, he did seem like a bit of a knob.

Deleted
    Blizzard offers the best customer service of any game.
    Last edited by mmocb9db9223dd; 2011-10-22 at 01:44 PM.

Agreed. Huge mistake on my part. But it is a blatant scam. lol

Scam as definded by Blizzard policy. The attempt to take things from others through fraud or confusion.
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can't really see the bad customer service in this when it was you who messed up.

As that GM said, be careful what you buy.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't scam people on the AH, you can prey on their stupidity.
    It may be douchey but doing something like listing 1 arrow for 10g is not a scam.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mijen View Post

Scam as definded by Blizzard policy. The attempt to take things from others through fraud or confusion.
    It was listed on the AH, you could see the prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotomi View Post
    Still, he did seem like a bit of a knob.
    The way he phrased it, yes, but that doesn't make him any less right.

Buyer beware, Brahski.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPistachio View Post
    Bornakk lifts the cup of coffee up to his mouth...
    ...when the Scythe of Elune comes crashing through it.
    ???: I can't you let you brew that, Starbucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mijen View Post

Scam to an extent though. If someone puts sarinote on the AH for 1500, there is NO way to prove it was a scam. It could have been an error on both sides. If someone tried to COD you saronite for 1500, that's a scam.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycki View Post
    Blizzard offers the best customer service of any game. Please GTFO, retardation is covered nowhere.
    While I agree with the first part of your comment about Blizzard having the best customer service of any game, the second part of your comment was completely uncalled for. You deserve a smack.

A shame a "punch-o-vision" hasn't been invented yet so I could do it from the comfort of my own desk. (See, I can also post totally undeeded comments, fun eh?)
    Back to your bridge, you evil Troll!

So are any of you going to debate a 25 silver Primordial Essence placed on the AH for the exact price as Primordial Saronite is anything other than an attempt to get people to buy it by mistake?

I was buying 16 saronites and that pos popped up in the middle. lol
    Pretty easy to do. I noticed I had selected it just as I hit buyout. "Dayum!" :P

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd agree that it was Bad Customer Service seeing how the GM just left without answering any question. Also they usually say goodbye and stuff. Just because the GM is correct shouldn't mean that he doesn't have to answer any question that the Player has.

Mistakes easily happen, i've forgot the amount of times i've put stacks of gems in for the price of 1 because i've forgotten to click single items.

I don't know, I think that the chat log summary is bias. I doubt he came off as THAT rude. Blizzard has always given me polite service, though admittedly the replies I've gotten have on occassion been rushed and sometimes they wouldn't understand the question-- as if they quickly skimmed my question and misunderstood. However, they were never rude, and most of them were very, very good.

While I agree that they should have helped you, I can understand why they didn't. They seem to have a tough stance on things like this. "If you press the trade button without doublechecking, it's your fault" "If you don't check an auction before you bid, we can't help you" And every GM is different.

I am truly sorry that you got tricked like this, though. It was pretty crappy of the person who posted the auction.. but it happens, just try to be more careful.

edit: And by no means do I think ALL GMs are polite, I've just never encountered a rude one. If you did happen to get a jerk GM, then I apologize.
    Last edited by Pompeii; 2010-08-15 at 09:38 AM.

Was the sale a "Scam", no I don't think so but if Blizzard's policy includes "confusion" then yes it would be a scam by their own definition. Regardless of all that it was poor customer service on Blizzard's part but that's not uncommon. Regardless of the issue a GM should acknowledge what you report and simply state what their policy is. Now, they can not say things like yes it is a scam or no it's not do to privacy issues. This is something that anyone who has opened a ticket should know. However, the GM the OP spoke to seemed to dismiss his concern and saying something as bold as "AH scams do not exist, the system is perfect" was very inapropriate on the GM's part. Now, including a screen shot of the convo would help as we have no way to know if any of this is true. If it is I would send an e-mail complaint to Blizzard as the GM acted inapropriately and the only way they will find this out is if you report him.

I have had issues with GMs in the past and when ever I do I make my issue known to Blizzard. Every time a GM has taken the time to contact me in game and apologize that my issue was not handled correctly.

Without the chat log can't comment on what you might think is a macro or not but chances are you're reading their vocabulary as a 'pre written message' which is probably just explaining what the situation is. The matter of fact is they can't take action on peeople putting stuff up on the item house for big prices. The item was listed as Priordial Essence, it's not like it was a rock in saronite-wrapping.

Only time I know of that Gms are justified to drop out of chat like that is if the player is just droning on and on and won't end the conversation, but they should say a good bye.

Without the actual chat log though it's moot.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

Deleted
    Next time you might want to filter by the full name of the item you are looking for :/

Wait...what...you bought the grey trash crystal thinking it was the primordial saronite? how wasted were you? there is a few dead giveaways mainly ones writing is in blue and the other is in grey and the icon is very distinctive for the saronite and cant realy be mistaken and you still clicked buyout? lololol well blizz realy cant do anything for you unless you want them to impliment something that flashes the full screen and makes noise to see if your sure you want to buy the item.

The only one I shorted was
    "GM: AH Scams do not exist. This was your error. The system is perfect. Is there anything else?"

from

AH Scams do not exist. Pay attention to what you bid on or buy. The system is set up so you shouldnt make these mistakes.