Deleted

Possible phasing in major patches?

I hope they will make areas have new phases with major patches. With Cata there are so many possibilities to advance the story.
    I think it would be a waste to not to use the phasing tech more.

I've talked about this with other people and they agree that this might happen but the thing is:

How are they going to throw quests in? No level requirements with no rewards? This seems too weird.

An example would be SW`s Park. It gets destroyed by Deathwing; it's not going to lie in ruins forever right? So I except it to have some sort of quest chain with no level requirement within major patches where it is slowly gets rebuilt.

To me the idea of more phasing with each patch seems acceptable. It would give people something to do. Horde and Alliance conflicts is another good example, but again there is the problem of implementation.

Can someone who is adept in phasing explain to me the correct phrases used in this area of computers?

Thank you.
    Last edited by mmoc62145ce82d; 2010-08-15 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazismoron View Post
    Well.

I hope they`ll. With Cata there are so much posibilities to advance story.
    I think I`d be a waste to not to use that phasing tech again.

Ive talked about this with other people and they agree that this might happen but the thing is.

How they`re going to throw quests in? No level req.s no awards? This seems to be error.

Example would be SW`s Park. It gets destroyed byt fuck man, its not going to lie in ruins forever right? So I except it to have some kind of no req.lvl quest chain with next 1-2 major patches where is slowly gets destroyed.

To me idea with more phasing with each patch seems ok. Id give people to do something. Horde and Alliance conflicts there is a good example but again theres this problem- how to throw in quests when world is going on?

Someone whos smart in all these tech/coding things, explain me please how phasing workds from tech pov.

ty
    Wait so Deathwing sits there flamebreathing the place for 6 months and no one notices?

Deleted
    Phasing is a double edged sword...

1. It makes the game less static
    but
    2. It can isolate other players

Deleted
    AFAIK Phasing means not sending all info to the client (you). Like for example if a building is phased out in your current step in a quest the server doesnt send you info about the building being there, which means you dont see it.

For the rest of your post... I dont understand it at all

Deleted
    cookie, kk, my bad there.fixd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazismoron View Post

I hope they will make areas have new phases with major patches. With Cata there are so many possibilities to advance the story.
    I think it would be a waste to not to use the phasing tech more.

I've talked about this with other people and they agree that this might happen but the thing is:

How are they going to throw quests in? No level requirements with no rewards? This seems too weird.

An example would be SW`s Park. It gets destroyed by Deathwing; it's not going to lie in ruins forever right? So I except it to have some sort of quest chain with no level requirement within major patches where it is slowly gets rebuilt.

To me the idea of more phasing with each patch seems acceptable. It would give people something to do. Horde and Alliance conflicts is another good example, but again there is the problem of implementation.

Can someone who is adept in phasing explain to me the correct phrases used in this area of computers?

Thank you.

I cleaned up the English for you. I assume it's not your main language.

Also, how the hell does Deathwing turn into "Fuck Man?"

15+ Year Old Account
    Not necessarily phasing, but an actual advancement in the war (or the world) would be nice.
    Orgrimmar will get more and more completed over the course of the expansion iirc. Major conflict areas shifting in favor to one faction, gaining and losing territories for either faction etc. is what I'd like to see. Then again, there would be a lot of whining to why horde/alliance gain/lose that territory or another.
    In the end that doesn't require phasing, but adding new quests or altering existing ones patch by patch could be a bit of a pain...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slideshow View Post

Think he means "It gets destroyed but fuck man, its not going to lie in ruins..."

I just reread this and how at all would it be phasing? You're saying that over content patches new stuff gets added (Or rebuilt in this case) that isn't phasing. That's like saying Argent Tournament was there all along, It was just phased out

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slideshow View Post

took your version. thanks, and yes im kinda new to english lang. curse you, third world!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meezh View Post
    Think he means "It gets destroyed but fuck man, its not going to lie in ruins..."
    ah. i see it now. But the way i put it doesn't interfere with meaning.

Deleted
    If you mean that the game should develop through patches, like for example how we could start doing some tournament quests, and see that the arena was being built, but not do Toc yet, and then later on, the arena was actually finished and you could raid there... that's graphical development and I like that a lot. Phasing when it's different for individuals depending on their advancement on a quest which in my opinion is awful. There's nothing like a phased group quest where you can't actually do it with your friends/guildies and sit in 1/ spamming LFM blah blah must be phased - you can't get any help from higher level friends either. Or you get to a raid like ICC and half your raid is phased to different stages of a quest chain and you can't see each other at the summoning stone, awesome.

I'd like more storyline graphical development sure, but I don't like the news of more "phasing" in Cata because it really does isolate you, as someone who does a lot of quests and things with friends/guildies and we often help each other out with group quests and alts and so on, I find phasing more of a pain in the ass than fun.