LastLast

12759 hunter changes

i found few hunter changes in new build
    some sv talents got moved to other tiers

noxious sting got changed for better imo

new sv talent

we got new way to sum our main pets

AND IMO BIGGEST CAHNGE
    ASPECT OF AWESOMNESS IS EVEN MORE AVESOME !!! (atleast imo)

also look like arcane shot got nerfed again
    but serpent sting for sv is criting like a truck on other hand 5k crits !!
    Last edited by makak; 2010-08-14 at 11:12 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually I think that is a nerf to Aspect of the Fox. First of all Autoshot deals more damage overall than Steady/Cobra Shot so if we were to be allowed to Autoshot on the move it will get even higher damage overall in a fight. Secondly the Focus Regeneration on the old Aspect of the Fox I believe was better than being able to benefit from the Steady/Cobra Shot Focus Gain while moving.

For the good part, Noxious Sting got a 2% buff, but it is weird that 2/2 doesn't give 10%. So basicly both talent point gives the same damage increase which is a waste. So no one would ever take 2/2 unless to boost Wyvern Sting for PvP (if they even would do that). Serpents Spread seems interesting since it will increase our AoE damage quiet abit since we can benefit from the 5% damage increase from Noxious Sting while AoE'ing.

The Call Pet change doesn't seem to be that different. I liked the 5 active and 20 stabled part that was before, though I thought it would be more like use Call Pet and then choose one of the 5 active which it wasn't :P
    Last edited by Spl4sh3r; 2010-08-14 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Actually I think that is a nerf to Aspect of the Fox. First of all Autoshot deals more damage overall than Steady/Cobra Shot so if we were to be allowed to Autoshot on the move it will get even higher damage overall in a fight. Secondly the Focus Regeneration on the old Aspect of the Fox I believe was better than being able to benefit from the Steady/Cobra Shot Focus Gain while moving.
    hmm my auto shot have 2.77 attack speed and crit for like 3.5k while cobra shot have 1.84 cast speed and crit for 10k im sv with 802 mastery points atm
    Last edited by makak; 2010-08-14 at 10:58 AM.

The new AotF will especially benefit SV hunters thanks to CobraShot-on-the-move having a nice synergy with the elemental damage mastery bonus.

And that's always a button to smash when you are low on focus and in need to move. All in all it seems more like a PvP aspect now, with the 2 focus for being hit bonus. I guess it may also have it's uses for heavy movement fights or fights with constant raid damage.

The multi shot serpent sting looks really fun , especially for Battlegrounds. Does it deal additional damage if you are specced into Imp. Serpent Sting? Can the Imp. SS damage crit? If yes , it might be a quite powerfull combo.

Actually I think that is a nerf to Aspect of the Fox. First of all Autoshot deals more damage overall than Steady/Cobra Shot
    Thats off of current game mechanics though. Our Vanilla rotation was Aimed shot, auto shot, multi, and then wait for aimed shot again. Expansions change the game :P
    Alliance on Uldaman - Mortred, Traxex, Tarrasque, Kaldr, Shendelzare
    Horde on Draenor - Littleevil, Le, Xaladin, Smokingcrow.

Nice update !

I just like the giant Fire Turtle. I FOUND MY NEW TANKING PET.

To the OP, could you tell me if the talent "One with Nature" has been changed at all in this build? The bonus to focus regen in fox is what I'm really wondering about if fox now grants focus upon damage taken.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by makak View Post
    hmm my auto shot have 2.77 attack speed and crit for like 3.5k while cobra shot have 1.84 cast speed and crit for 10k im sv with 802 mastery points atm
    Autoshot deals more damage overall because its the most used shot in boss fights :P There is nothing like popping Speed Pot, Rapid Fire while under the effects of Improved Hawk and Heroism And anyway, how is your Autoshot speed only 2.77? That must be a really slow weapon seeing how most ranged weapons have average of 2.9 and with haste and the 15% innate ranged speed it should be alot lower ;P

Anyhow the changes to Aspect of the Fox makes it a complete PvP Aspect seeing how the blue post said that Hawk would have AP and Regen. And them explaining the new Call Pet spell it sounds basicly as I thought the old version should have been

To start a discussion what do people think about the blue post about our pet damage? They said our pet should deal around 20-30% of the overall damage? Obviously BM has it higher (30-40? maybe even 50 :O!)

Autoshot deals more damage overall because its the most used shot in boss fights :P There is nothing like popping Speed Pot, Rapid Fire while under the effects of Improved Hawk and Heroism And anyway, how is your Autoshot speed only 2.77? That must be a really slow weapon seeing how most ranged weapons have average of 2.9 and with haste and the 15% innate ranged speed it should be alot lower ;P

Anyhow the changes to Aspect of the Fox makes it a complete PvP Aspect seeing how the blue post said that Hawk would have AP and Regen. And them explaining the new Call Pet spell it sounds basicly as I thought the old version should have been

To start a discussion what do people think about the blue post about our pet damage? They said our pet should deal around 20-30% of the overall damage? Obviously BM has it higher (30-40? maybe even 50 :O!)
    hmm ya i checked it wrong my auto speed is 2.58 and i have like 8% haste atm :P
    ratings are GOING DOWN durring lvling i lost like 40% crit from 80 to 83
    but in cata haste can lower our steady shot under 1.5 sec cast and is also lowering our gcd so i can see steady/cobra doing more overall dmg than auto on static fights in cat
    and i checked speed with some buffs with imp steady shot, troll racial, rapid fire, windfurry totem, and blodlust i had: 0,611 steady cast and 0,83 auto shot

and about pets ... hmm imo 40% is most reasonable because well doubt that blizz want pets to do more dmg than hunter :P

15+ Year Old Account
    but in cata haste can lower our steady shot under 1.5 sec cast and is also lowering our gcd so i can see steady/cobra doing more overall dmg than auto on static fights in cat
    and i checked speed with some buffs with imp steady shot, troll racial, rapid fire, windfurry totem, and blodlust i had: 0,611 steady cast and 0,83 auto shot
    Seems you forgot one very important thing about Autoshot, it is not effected by Global Cooldown ;P I think that argument will support my theory ^^ Even when you say that Haste will reduce Global Cooldown it is still a cap at 1 second I believe, or?

Seems you forgot one very important thing about Autoshot, it is not effected by Global Cooldown ;P I think that argument will support my theory ^^ Even when you say that Haste will reduce Global Cooldown it is still a cap at 1 second I believe, or?
    i think cap is 0.5 but for 100% you can go under 1 sec gcd
    and well for sv cobra hit/crit 2.5x harder than auto

15+ Year Old Account
    Well I can only say out of what I know now and it can be incorrect since I don't have beta And obviously all shots should deal more damage than Autoshot, but you will still see Autoshot as one of the top sources of damage since its the only shot that will be used all the time.

10+ Year Old Account

and about pets ... hmm imo 40% is most reasonable because well doubt that blizz want pets to do more dmg than hunter :P
    Haste doesn't affect hunter GCD. Our GCD is now 1 sec baseline, just like rogues and Ferals. :) It cannot, however, go below 1 sec.

I think Ghostcrawler is smoking crack. As a BM raider, my devilsaur only does 20-30% of my damage most of the time now, so if they're nerfing the damage pets do, they're going to suck. I know there aren't many of us seriously raiding as BM, but they really should consider what the numbers look like when you're not in questing greens. My pet hasn't regularly done 40%+ of my damage since around the time 3.2 went live, I think, and it's just getting lower and lower the closer I get to the arp cap. Quite frankly, if they keep to their stated goal of keeping pet damage so low, mastery rating doesn't seem like it's going to be all that desirable for BM. Just looking at how the focus regen talents with hunter and pet are supposed to interact, I'm thinking crit is going to be the stat to stack if they really do have it scale 100% to pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebyrd View Post
    I think Ghostcrawler is smoking crack. As a BM raider, my devilsaur only does 20-30% of my damage most of the time now, so if they're nerfing the damage pets do, they're going to suck. I know there aren't many of us seriously raiding as BM, but they really should consider what the numbers look like when you're not in questing greens. My pet hasn't regularly done 40%+ of my damage since around the time 3.2 went live, I think, and it's just getting lower and lower the closer I get to the arp cap. Quite frankly, if they keep to their stated goal of keeping pet damage so low, mastery rating doesn't seem like it's going to be all that desirable for BM. Just looking at how the focus regen talents with hunter and pet are supposed to interact, I'm thinking crit is going to be the stat to stack if they really do have it scale 100% to pets.
    That is the reason why there is a sizable gap in the damage split between you and your pet these days. If there was no ArPen, then you would be looking at vastly different numbers. ArPen threw off a lot of the balance for our class between hunter/pet, and took over our gear choice priorities completely (and I don't think we are the only class with this issue.) Once ArPen is effectively removed from the game, and the game is balanced/designed with it taken out of the equation, it would be a pretty simple matter of tweaking numbers on Blizzard's part to get our split to any percentage they wanted to target for each spec in a way that scales with gear much more easily than now since they still have to account for ArPen at the moment.

I do agree on the desirability of Mastery rating for BM though, since even if a BM pet was designed to do 50% of our dps contribution in a raid encounter, a 20% buff to pet damage would only result in a 10% buff to overall output, while SV's mastery will increase every non-autoshot point of damage, resulting in a much higher benefit than BM looks to be getting.

-----
    I'm a bit more disappointed that there still hasn't been a first pass on pets (nice to know for sure that it is coming "soon" though.) With the stated scaling differences for each pet spec, it also kills my hope that pet trees were getting consolidated into a single tree.. Still have my fingers crossed that they keep their promise to give us some way to choose what spec our pets get at least. There are tenacity pets I would love to raid with, and tenacity/cunning pets that I would love to tank with XD

Also, no complaints about the MD change? >.>;; I see this as a nerf for my personal play-style since I like to solo a lot.. Also has serious implications for raiding. (With the new version, I can totally see my guild leader demanding that all hunters MD the tank on every CD regardless of whether it's 100% needed or not -_-)

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    Haste doesn't affect hunter GCD. Our GCD is now 1 sec baseline, just like rogues and Ferals. :) It cannot, however, go below 1 sec.
    we are speaking about cata beta and it can i have beta so im 100% sure with 0.6 steady cvast i was able to spam it without waiting for gcd it was off even before i ended casting steady

Quote Originally Posted by deadman80 View Post

I do agree on the desirability of Mastery rating for BM though, since even if a BM pet was designed to do 50% of our dps contribution in a raid encounter, a 20% buff to pet damage would only result in a 10% buff to overall output, while SV's mastery will increase every non-autoshot point of damage, resulting in a much higher benefit than BM looks to be getting.
    well it is just beta so numbers gonna change it is just first patch with working masteries so numbers seem off :P
    and auto is still big part of sv numbers because sv just sux now :P shoting 2 arcane is better than 1 exp shot and black arrow is hiting for like 1-1,5 k :P
    Last edited by makak; 2010-08-16 at 08:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    we are speaking about cata beta and it can i have beta so im 100% sure with 0.6 steady cvast i was able to spam it without waiting for gcd it was off even before i ended casting steady
    Haste doesn't affect the GCD; it's fixed at 1 sec. Maybe Steady is allowed to go lower now? I'm not sure; my hunter in the beta doesn't have enough haste to go below 1 sec.

Haste doesn't affect the GCD; it's fixed at 1 sec. Maybe Steady is allowed to go lower now? I'm not sure; my hunter in the beta doesn't have enough haste to go below 1 sec.
    heh ... make new premade/transfer gem and reforge him into max haste (at lvl 80 you will end well over 30% haste) and with imp ss and rapid fire you will see that gcd can go under 1 sec

15+ Year Old Account
    Didn't they say something at blizzcon that Haste should make you be able to do everything faster including for Melee/Hunter. So if they fix the GCD how will that statement even work?