View Poll Results: Do you like the model?

Voters
166. This poll is closed
  • Yes

48 28.92%
  • No

118 71.08%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Noldi View Post
    About the DK flying mount: You know when you order boneless chicken? Well, now we know where the bones go.

Mmmmmm... Boneless Chicken.
    Last edited by Vypie; 2010-08-17 at 01:11 AM.

Marrowgar will probably become ice >.>
    and change the name to Lord Coldgar...

All credit for this sig goes to JustintimeSS

chinas weird, i am normal, look at my picture of myself.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    I was just kidding about China, it a lovely country with a rich culture and beautiful landscape.
    And psychos who cut up kindergarten kids with swords, poison milk with estrogen and alter news articles (and historical accounts) to prevent the population from knowing anything real outside of the country.

I'd say that China itself would be a neat place to visit, with the variation in culture, the amazing food and some incredible sites (the Great Wall, the hidden army, the emperor's palace, etc); but you gotta admit: communism totally @%$# the people up.

Gold farmers make me angry. >:[

That DK "gryphon" is just a glowing snowy gryphon. Personally, I wouldn't want to see it in-game. :/
    For the Alliance!

If it looked like those ones in EPL I think it would be nice. That model, however, looks like it was done in eighteen seconds.

Deleted
    icecrown citadel = icecream citadel?

Quote Originally Posted by derpderphamma View Post
    marrowgar will probably become ice >.>
    and change the name to lord coldgar...
    snow stooooorrrrrm!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn View Post
    And psychos who cut up kindergarten kids with swords, poison milk with estrogen and alter news articles (and historical accounts) to prevent the population from knowing anything real outside of the country.

I'd say that China itself would be a neat place to visit, with the variation in culture, the amazing food and some incredible sites (the Great Wall, the hidden army, the emperor's palace, etc); but you gotta admit: communism totally @%$# the people up.
    This just in, communism will come into your school and murder your six year old with a sword.

Quote Originally Posted by DateMyAvatar View Post
    I'm not saying Europe doesn't have it's problems but 1) yes america is very diverse BUT europe is way more diverse. Trust me there's more difference between Paris and small-town croatia than there is NYC and small-town arkansas.
    2) Wtf? Fashion? Barcelona is the capital of fashion, Paris is close. Milan - capital of interior design.
    3) Music well it depends... If one's into Brit-pop they'd disagree with you.
    4) Europe and N. America are both sexist backwards/regressed places who think they're past that.
    5) What are the other things? I might agree.

BUT! This is totally off-topic and just responding and being stupid and irritating and flaming.
    So: the model is awesome. Not as an undead gryphon but still... awesome-looking.

What about Brit-Music everything? You forgot like...

Franz Ferdinand, Girls Aloud, Muse, Coldplay, Basement Jaxx, Sugababes, Chemical Brothers, Dizzee Rascal, David Bowie... The Darkness ? xD. Mis-Teeq, The Coral, Radiohead? The Beatles? The Rolling Stones, The Who, Arctic Monkeys, Stone Roses, blah blah blah

Not just Brit Pop in there, theres Brit everything. Massive bands and singers, perhaps not as many as America, but we are a rather tiny country :P

There is no taboo against death in China. The censorship is in place simply to protect China's own game industry. It is protectionism at the most basic level.

Here is how it goes:

1. Western game companies want to expand their products to China (like every other company!)

2. China is well aware that it has the largest consumer base in the world. So China likes to set the rules.

3. China is well aware that its own software and game industry are crap compared to US/Japan/Korea.

4. China protects its own game industry by censoring and restricting the crap out of all Western games.

5. Chinese games can display skeletons and gore and violence, but they are not censored (gee? I wonder why)

6. There is rampant copyright violations in Chinese games like ripping art assets and stuff straight from Western games, but the government pretends not to notice (surprise!)

Hope this make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    Girls Aloud [...] Sugababes [...] The Darkness [...] Mis-Teeq
    I hope you're intentionally pointing to crap here.
    I'm in the "I don't have an obnoxiously large signature" club.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    There is no taboo against death in China. The censorship is in place simply to protect China's own game industry. It is protectionism at the most basic level.

Here is how it goes:

1. Western game companies want to expand their products to China (like every other company!)

2. China is well aware that it has the largest consumer base in the world. So China likes to set the rules.

3. China is well aware that its own software and game industry are crap compared to US/Japan/Korea.

4. China protects its own game industry by censoring and restricting the crap out of all Western games.

5. Chinese games can display skeletons and gore and violence, but they are not censored (gee? I wonder why)

6. There is rampant copyright violations in Chinese games like ripping art assets and stuff straight from Western games, but the government pretends not to notice (surprise!)

Hope this make sense.
    exactly, finally somebody speaks sense. I'm sick of this crap of shitty twisted rumours about why supposedly bones can't be seen in china or whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twizter View Post
    china must suck
    This x10000

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Dictonary, get one!
    Irony at its best ^^^

Yes. I like it. I want it to replace my stupid flying undead chicken on my DK. I hate the DK flying mount more than any other mount in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PickledOnion View Post
    And people think America is bad.. they got nothin' on China and North Korea.
    Fixd

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Dictonary, get one!
    Irony at its best ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Horrify View Post
    Does anybody have any idea as to why they can't show bones? I mean, what's the big deal?
    The government just need a reason to stop the foreign games entering China,"bones are too terrible" is no more than a reason,because bones in native Chinese games are not banned.
    Last edited by farrailgun; 2010-08-17 at 09:15 AM.

Take a look at this article, http://chinageeks.org/2009/07/why-do...ow-or-do-they/. It's the company that hosts WoW there, not the government or because bones are so offensive in China. Many players get around the system too, apparently. Also, Germany is as bad as this for censoring I think.

Quote Originally Posted by rantus View Post
    Take a look at this article, http://chinageeks.org/2009/07/why-do...ow-or-do-they/. It's the company that hosts WoW there, not the government or because bones are so offensive in China. Many players get around the system too, apparently. Also, Germany is as bad as this for censoring I think.
    The article itself bases on an opinion piece in a Baidu blog, it is an interesting tin-foil piece but not much for anything else.

It doesn't make sense that The9 (the previous Chinese distributor for WoW) would suggest to gimp the game that represented 99% of its total revenue. It would try to bribe whatever government official or bureau guy just to make them pass. No, this comes straight from the Chinese government. They are dead set in censoring and limiting the shit out of all foreign games just so they can help their own domestic industry grow.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dawwwwwww