Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

New drakes models

Ok, so I just saw new drakes models:

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...stonedrake.jpg
    http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...stormdrake.jpg

The ones as a reward for the achie and......... I'm dissapointed as hell. Do I have reasons? Not yet sure, but...

Let's just forget about textures for a moment and focus on a model itself. Don't You think it looks very similliar to drakes from TBC, to drakes from Wrath? I mean..... Proto Drake was a 'leading' mount in WotLK. Doesn't matter if You like it or not - You can't deny it was hell of a different from a standard drake model. I thought that models for a 'leading' mounts in Cata will present similiar level of differential. All in all we do get them by completing achies that's why I consider them as 'leading'.

I REALLY hope those won't be 'main' mounts in Cata! They just aren't cool enough!

What's Your opinion?
    Now here we stand with their blood on our hands
    We fought so hard now can we understand

I really hope they don't change at all. I really super dig both of them.

Plus their is nothing saying their won't be totally different drake models that will also be mounts.

We finally have the name of the first mounts rewarded for the Raids & Dungeons achievements! The mount currently use the models below but they might change in the future, apparently the color of the Storm Drake is scheduled to change, and the Volcanic Stone Drake uses the regular Deepholm Dragon model, this might or might not be intended. (= Don't yell at me if something changes in the future, it's mean)

Read this...

Quote Originally Posted by Explosion_Rex View Post
    I really hope they don't change at all. I really super dig both of them.

Plus their is nothing saying their won't be totally different drake models that will also be mounts.
    I agree, they look awesome and badass and I cannot wait to get my hands on them.

I like the fact that they are different models though, if you notice they aren't your standard drake model from the game currently, they look a lot better and the wings are beautiful! I am really glad they added more dragons for us ^^.

Deleted
    Considering what's required for them I do find 'em pretty naff!

Deleted
    I love proto drakes, so yeah this was a bit of a step down in my eyes. I don't even find the ICC meta mount as good as one of the basic protos.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like them, and I'm sure there will be more added soon.

Imo we need elephragonts. These are a mysterious mix of elephants and dragons, who have mastered flight and memory. They are, however, afraid of mice.

Here is some concept art:

Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    [/COLOR]

I, for one, absolutely LOVE them, and am completely stoked on where the Volcanic Drake stands in level of difficulty to obtain, because it's in a place where it'll take some time to get, but not impossible, nor an entire year to get, and is open to casual people as well without being "Here's a badass mount for 50g" type of casual. Cataclysm's Red Proto Drake. Something you'll see decently often, but not in the hands of every Xxarthasxx Blood Elf Death Knight & Legolaas Night Elf Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by MrPistachio View Post
    Bornakk lifts the cup of coffee up to his mouth...
    ...when the Scythe of Elune comes crashing through it.
    ???: I can't you let you brew that, Starbucks!

Flying Mechano-hog as the Glory of the Raider achievement reward, please Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Considering what's required for them I do find 'em pretty naff!
    Um, heroic dungeon achievements? Yeah, a lot of effort right there..

Regardless of what they look like on live, people will never be satisfied.
    Quote:
    When have I eva been able to reach a mage? He just freeze me, blink, freeze himself, make big dragonhead and confuse me, blink etc etc.

For the first mount, I don't really like the look for it but comparing the the second mount! WOOOOOWWWW

They should finally use the Dragon Model and not the Drake model. Cataclysm is all about dragons, the badass boss is the most powerful dragon in Azeroth. This is an Dragons+Elementals Addon. So give us a real dragon and not a juvenile one. And yes, it's already possible to ride a real dragon model, no problem there. So that wouldn't be a problem with the models:

They just need to scale the riding-dragons a little (LITTLE!) bit down, make it 2-seated (like the friendship rocket) and we have a whole world of awesome new dragons.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2010-08-17 at 11:15 AM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    I approve, I'm not sure of the stone drake, seems like a very awkward model to me, but the storm drake is smooth, new and fresh, great colours and tone, and actually has a dragon chin Seriously though, the storm drake fits the bill for a good dragon mount for me. I still long for the days of riding the skies on a mature dragon though.
    "The truth, my goal."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    We finally have the name of the first mounts rewarded for the Raids & Dungeons achievements! The mount currently use the models below but they might change in the future, apparently the color of the Storm Drake is scheduled to change, and the Volcanic Stone Drake uses the regular Deepholm Dragon model, this might or might not be intended. (= Don't yell at me if something changes in the future, it's mean)

Read this...
    This, also: BETA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronicle View Post
    Imo we need elephragonts. These are a mysterious mix of elephants and dragons, who have mastered flight and memory. They are, however, afraid of mice.
    Gief plox.

I like the models. They're not as original as the Proto-Drake design was but everything is subject to change. There's alot of dragon activity in this expansion so you're bound to have a shit-ton of dragon mounts to choose from by patch 4.9

Both pretty lame imo, gonna stick to my ICC undead drake.

Deleted
    I don't find them that cool, but that's ok.
    First tier mounts shouldn't kick ass as much as proto-ironthing (don't know its name in english ^^)/frostbrood imo. Just like for the red Proto, it should be just a little bonus when you finally get your meta-ach.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think they're pretty cool, especially the color patern of the Storm Drake. Doesn't matter for me really, because I still don't have my epic flying.