Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Guild Masters-The new GODs of WoW?

I have followed everything about the guild leveling system so far.

I would like to start with the dark phoenix because mounts and pets have made us do heaps of crazy things in the past.
    So Imagine an achievement "A" is needed to get it. You work your arse off get 5 parts of achievement "A" done and just before the last part you have a bit of a spat with the GM or you were sick or something and could'nt stick to guild rules and the GM kicks you off the guild !!!

We all know that GM's have been known to be complete arseholes, monopolistic bastards in our times (please don't get me wrong, there's good ones too)

I would like to know, does this not make GM all powerful?? As if they needed more power? I was once kicked off a guild because I couldn't raid because my girlfriend came over and wanted me to spend time with her and I obviously told them i am leaving the raid, first time in about 4 months and I still found myself guileless the next morning !

I have loved everything about cataclysm so far but as a mount collector...it's one of the things I love in game, to collect mounts !! Now I have to kiss some idiot's arse just to get my satisfaction and fun from the game?

I would like to know how people feel about the kind of power the guild master's are being given with this system!

I will give you an example..the other day I went on an immortal run with the top guild on my server. A dude died on Sapp and the GM kicked him straight off ! He was'nt asked if he was lagging or if he had a problem...just a Kick without any questions asked ! This is the top guild on my server, all ICC25/ICC25H gear. One would expect them to be professional and understand that accidents happen but one person had the power and he decided to use it without care !
    Last edited by ur_hbk; 2010-08-19 at 01:10 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ur_hbk View Post
    I have followed everything about the guild leveling system so far.You work your arse off get 5 parts of achievement "A" done and just before the last part you have a bit of a spat with the GM or you were sick or something and could'nt stick to guild rules and the GM kicks you off the guild !!!
    Why would you have spat with a GM? Try and do nothing wrong and everything should be fine. Especially try to do nothing wrong when so close to the Dark Phoenix.

I have followed everything about the guild leveling system so far.

I would like to start with the dark phoenix because mounts and pets have made us do heaps of crazy things in the past.
    So Imagine an achievement "A" is needed to get it. You work your arse off get 5 parts of achievement "A" done and just before the last part you have a bit of a spat with the GM or you were sick or something and could'nt stick to guild rules and the GM kicks you off the guild !!!

We all know that GM's have been known to be complete arseholes, monopolistic bastards in our times (please don't get me wrong, there's good ones too)

I would like to know, does this not make GM all powerful?? As if they needed more power? I was once kicked off a guild because I couldn't raid because my girlfriend came over and wanted me to spend time with her and I obviously told them i am leaving the raid, first time in about 4 months and I still found myself guileless the next morning !

I have loved everything about cataclysm so far but as a mount collector...it's one of the things I love in game, to collect mounts !! Now I have to kiss some idiot's arse just to get my satisfaction and fun from the game?

I would like to know how people feel about the kind of power the guild master's are being given with this system!
    Maybe you should have warned the GM about your GF befor hand

or you needed to tlel your GF your busy

You ditched out....I would have kicked you as well.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Try and do nothing wrong? Shouldnt you be in some kind of understandment by then that you can do anything?

I'm probably lucky with my guild.

edit

People should understand that there is more in the world then raiding although it is very nice to do.

Deleted
    First of all its not only the guild master.
    he has officers aswell and when u are in a good guild they should have say in a member kick.

as u say first time in 4 months u had to leave a raid? next day u find yourself guildless.
    imo that issent a good guild and those "leaders" have issues...in their head.

in some way a leading group of a guild can feel powerfull about the cata changes and force people more in to being active in raids ect wich is a good point.
    but then again just kicking some active player because he has to go during a raid issent good in your case anyway.

on the other hand there is loads of slackers out there that just dont give a rats ass about a guild and just think about them selves
    those guys deserve a Gkick when shit happens like u discribe...

on the otherhand these changes will make guilds more active in the first place cause of some kick ass nice rewards no?

15+ Year Old Account
    but as a mount collector...it's one of the things I love in game, to collect mounts !!
    dude. no. way. i would have put you down as more of a Mahjong person.

OT: be mature, don't fight with power hungry GMs, or before you start doing said quests for the guild, find one with a none power hungry GM.

Deleted
    "I know you worked your ass off to activate this mount in the shop, but I'm low on cash and will need a 10k donation from you to invite you back into the guild so you can get the mount."

15+ Year Old Account
    Start your own guild if you have a problem with potentially being kicked if you piss off the GM.

You guyz I might get fired from my job if I don't show up or I cuss out the boss. Not fairz!!!

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    being a GM, i'd like to say, tht i rarely, if ever kick people, my officers have a say in EVERYTHING in the guild, so if some1 breaks rules / steals from bank / offends another member /tarnishes rep of the guild, we consult each other on what to do. and ask other guildies.

tbh, being kicked for leaving a raid is extremely OTT, and those ppl obv have issues.

Deleted
    Fact is, guilds do disband, sometimes even serious raiding guilds disband, so hopefully the rewards will not be so hard to get that if a guild disbands it's a massive blow.

Quote Originally Posted by atselmya View Post

Yeah because a raid where you can replace a member with someone from trade is so important that you need to kick someone from your guild because a loved one came over and they became unavailable.

@OP: I do think that Gms will at least try to use it as a tool to become "Masters" etc. But I don't believe that the general populace or Blizzard would let that go on for too long.

Just as bad as being kicked when being close to LK25Heroic kill with your guild. Nothing new.
    You can't remove this power of the GM. It won't happen all the time if you're not a complete asshole yourself. It's not that every guild kicks you out if you skip one raid. Please don't try to make everything look more horrible then it will be.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

If it was the first time in 4 months that you were seeing your girlfriend, you should have known in advance unless she was surprising you for some reason, which if that was the case I think you already would have said so. Most guilds with an attendance policy have a simple rule, notification of known absences given at least 24 hours in advance. It's called courtesy, something a lot of people seem to be lacking these days.

If you commit to a schedule with a group of people, they depend on you just as you depend on 24 other people showing up to make the raids work. It sounds more like you knew your gf was arriving sometime that day, but it was also Super Loot Tuesday (or whichever night of the week your former guild starts on), and you wanted to have a chance at the loot before she arrived. Or it was a progression night, and again, without prior advance notice you ditched. Kick was deserved.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

Quote Originally Posted by eangu View Post
    "I know you worked your ass off to activate this mount in the shop, but I'm low on cash and will need a 10k donation from you to invite you back into the guild so you can get the mount."
    Welcome to the guild, your rep is now 0/3000 neutral!

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    You guyz I might get fired from my job if I don't show up or I cuss out the boss. Not fairz!!!
    This is just plain wrong. I play 11/12 hc with a 2 day raiding guild and stuff like this only happens if you sign up and wont come for the fourth time, even then it's discussable. Game is a game you know?

Make your own guild

profit

I have loved everything about cataclysm so far but as a mount collector...it's one of the things I love in game, to collect mounts !! Now I have to kiss some idiot's arse just to get my satisfaction and fun from the game?!
    Read your post sounds like you're whining about a lot of things and I'm sure your guild had a strict requirement if they would gkick you for one night about attendance, so don't act like the victom here. Unless you were one of those who joined a guild without reading their rules and said you did?

Either way on a more serious note as others said, if you don't like the thought of that happening, do this, MAKE YOUR OWN GUILD! Or do you realize you will not be able to dedicate enough of your time to lead a guild that can successfully obtain all 6 legendaries after release and just want to whine about how "the man is holding you down?"

The option is there you can be in a guild and worry or make your own and deal with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atselmya View Post

Yeah, because nothing unforseen EVER happens in ANY raid you EVER do, right?

Idiot GMs/Officers are an aesily avoidable problem, don't stick with a guild unless you get on well with the people there, and see that the management aren't dickheads.
    "The truth, my goal."

Quote Originally Posted by Sateh View Post
    Game is a game you know?
    Then you shouldn't be upset if you get gkicked right? :P After all "It's a game."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Start your own guild if you have a problem with potentially being kicked if you piss off the GM.

Aye, 'cos you get paid by your GM for raiding right?
    "The truth, my goal."