Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between Nagrand and your dreams

The most powerful 'end game' boss we've encountered

Thinking, not from a game level pov, or from stamina or differculty level, of the end game bosses we've encountered, who do you consider the most powerful?

The lich king: The corrupted Arthas made into master of undeath, damming thousends of restless souls to his will.

Kil'jaeden: The lord of the legion, second most powerful ruler to it after Sergeras.

C'Thun: Old god of southern kalimdor.

Yog Saron: Old god of death.

Algalon the Observer: herald of the titans

Deathwing: Aspect of the earth, now aspect of death.

Illidan Stormrage: Brother of Malfurion and betrayer to all

Kel'Thuzad: Arch lich and ruler of cult of the dammed.

Kael'thas Sunstrider: Ruler of the blood elves.

(It seems more one sided for many, but wanted to include several by comparison)
    "The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn."

15+ Year Old Account
    Either C'thun, yoggy or KJ

Hogger........... he is serious business.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    Either C'thun, yoggy
    This, Lich King and Deathwing

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    We have encountered deathwing???

C'thun and Yogg are definitely the strongest imo

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedistene View Post
    This, Lich King and Deathwing
    both are "minions" of more powerful lord

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    Either C'thun, yoggy or KJ
    This. Definitely this, although in the state we fought him at, I think Kil'jaeden was the weakest of the three as he wasn't fully in Azeroth
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Algalon came to the earth to see if he had to delete it from the universe.

We didn't kill it, he trusted in us to protect the earth, so I'll go Algalon.

I'd have to say either LK or KJ.

LK because... well... towards the end of the fight he 1 shots everyone! I don't see why he waited to do that -.- he probably could of showed up to the entrance of icc when all of the crusaders were there and 1 shotted them all.

KJ because he's second in command of the legion, and we only faced him while he was focused more on getting through the sunwell than killing us.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelious View Post
    I'd have to say either LK or KJ.

LK because... well... towards the end of the fight he 1 shots everyone! I don't see why he waited to do that -.- he probably could of showed up to the entrance of icc when all of the crusaders were there and 1 shotted them all.

KJ because he's second in command of the legion, and we only faced him while he was focused more on getting through the sunwell than killing us.
    Yogg-Saron could stinguish all life at the start of the combat, Algalon could ascend to the heavens and nuke azeroth from the fucking orbit, like a lot of bosses they could win at the start if they wanted

Lorewise KJ but he was stuck so he was "weak". I think one of the old gold are the strongest

Deleted
    I'm doubting between the Lich King and the old gods. I think there's only one thing to do: mudfight!

Hmm I vote for Kil'Jaeden, if this is based on Lore of course.

Either Algolon, Kil'jaeden, or Deathwing

All credit for this sig goes to JustintimeSS

15+ Year Old Account
    It has to be Kil'jaeden. In the scheme of things, he is the immediate inferior to Sargeras. That's not to say he isn't susceptible to the schemings of the old gods, but he is definitely a very serious, very strong adversary.

With the reasoning that one of the most powerful eredar in the universe, and a leader of the burning legion is one of the bosses that we can fight, I think we can say that he is more powerful than the old gods: C'thun and Yogg; if not exhibiting a different power.

What makes KJ so dangerous is how smart he is, how evil he is and how sane he remains in his pursuit of universal destruction. The old gods are insane and currently limited to the manipulations of other bad guys.

We haven't encountered Deathwing, so I'm not sure why he is in the list. And Kael'thas was merely a setback. He may come back - and in greater force!
    For the Alliance!

I wouldn't vote on Kil'Jaeden because he was only partially on Azeroth, so his powers were diminished.

that said, I'd go with either Algalon or Yoggy/C'Thun
    Quote Originally Posted by Pok
    CC of WOTLK era=kill it faster. Why turn it into a sheep when you can turn it into a corpse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Illidari council??? anyone they were difficutl as shit =S
    I see dead people and blood in my blades.

Can defintely scratch off Illidan, Kael, and KT without much thought. In all honesty, I would say the old gods would probably be my choice *if* they were at full power, which they were not, so we don't really even know what they are capable of. Algalon I'm really not sure we don't really know enough about him. Lich King was mostly powerful because of the army that backed him, but a tiny little Frostmourne isn't going to do much to a dragon the size of Deathwing. Deathwing is certainly wicked powerful now, and it terms of physical power and chinsize he would be the number one on the list without a doubt. That said, I would probably say KJ would be the most powerful on that list with the bosses as we have seen them, he created the Lich King and if the scourge counts as LK's servants than the entire burning legion can count for KJ IMO.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2010-08-19 at 02:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Hogger........... he is serious business.
    elwynn forest was merely a setback!!!!!!!

You should probably make this a poll. Just would eb interesting to see the numbers. As far as 'power level' it's obviously the Old gods mayeb titans i unno.

But the the most important boss kill is arthas. He is the cause of so many hardships and somany changes in WoW that his death means so much to the story. Vengeance, justice, glory, closure...