Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Hunter Dead Zone Finally Removed!

On the latest beta build, they removed the Dead zone for most hunter abilities.

The only ones still with a Dead zone are:

Multi-Shot
    Tranquilizing Shot
    Silencing Shot
    Kill Shot
    Distracting Shot

You can't Auto Shot in melee range though, it forces you to melee instead.

Proof:

10+ Year Old Account
    ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡͌l
    Coming back for Cata has just become so much more tempting.

I can't wait to hear the, "now hunters will be op," qq.

Sadly not enough. Hunters are too much like casters now. Infact they are casters =/

Hasn't the dead zone been gone for a few years?
    Soviet Russia was merely a setback!

Relys Sunwalker
    Rakzor Frostwolf
    Descle Dubraig

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, there's definitely work to be done, but I'm hopeful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasz View Post
    Sadly not enough. Hunters are too much like casters now. Infact they are casters =/
    Hunters have always been considered casters by the devs. Good to finally be able to do what everyone else can do. xP

Quote Originally Posted by mosher94 View Post
    He means the minimum range.

No, every shot had a 5 yard minimum range.

15+ Year Old Account
    Two Words: FUCK YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am very very happy

I'm not getting my hopes up, this happened one time before and then it was fixed, but if it's removed I'll just jump with joy!
    Why would they not announce a change like this? It's possibly that the dead zone got removed because the range has been increased.
    Last edited by Aswed; 2010-08-21 at 05:17 AM.

Yeeeah... not making it live, I'm definitely not keeping my hopes up on this one.

EDIT: Also, stop calling it the dead zone. The dead zone was the strange limbo range where you could neither melee nor use shots, and in fact could do NOTHING at all. This is the minimum range, which is different.

They can't remove deadzone.
    Hunters will become powerhouses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who's been around any wow forum for more than a month knows that people, more often than not, refer to hunters' minimum range as a dead-zone.
    So, you're either a troll or an idiot, and the former invariably happens to be both.

Quote Originally Posted by roflicerbob View Post
    Anyone who's been around any wow forum for more than a month knows that people, more often than not, refer to hunters' minimum range as a dead-zone.
    So, you're either a troll or an idiot, and the former invariably happens to be both.
    Yes. Let us cater to the ignorant because a lot of people are doing it. If a majority of people do it, it MUST be ok.
    "Sociopaths are very good at figuring out ways to fuck people over without actually breaking any rules. One might even argue that it's the only thing they're really any good at. They certainly aren't very good at being people."

Anyone that's been playing wow since a couple expansions knows that the deadzone is the gap where a hunter could neither melee or shoot, and could be kited by just about every class, and didn't have disengage to get back to range.

Thats what "Deadzone" meant, a space where you could do nothing. Hunters now just have a minimum range and tools to get back at range or defend while in melee.
    Vol'Jin: ...You be no Warchief of mine!
    Garrosh: *deep breath* I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Deleted
    something like this happened on public test realms back in tbc when they removed the REAL dead zone ,mele abilities from 0 to 5 yards and ranged from 8 to 35 thus having a deadzone of 3 yards where you could not do shit.
    anyway when they changed the range values of the spells you could bug the system and shoot from melle range but it was fixed before it went live.something like this must be happening now,they changed the range values from many spells from 35 to 40 and maby thats a bug.
    there is like 1 in the million to leave it as it is, u cant imagine how much of QQ magnet this will be

10+ Year Old Account
    lol, I understand some of you may be upset that hunters might be getting a serious fix, but
    I can't wait to hear the, "now hunters will be op," qq.
    idc

honestly looks to me like youre the one trollin... you offered nothing towards this topic... go sit in the trade channel...

OT: I also believe this is a mistake caused by the range increase, if hunters had no min-range for thier ranged attacks then they would dominate pvp.

I think his interpretation of "dead zone" is a little off, compared to your understanding, which is true - that has been gone for a long time. Generally, the dead zone was when hunters had X yards where they would not be able to shoot ranged nor attack melee.
    The OP is referring to dead zone (or the removal of it) as the fact that we can now shoot several shots while in melee range.