Question Cataclysm folder size?

Hello,

I'm quite curious as to how much gigabytes Cataclysm will be, when it's installed. At the moment, my WoW folder is sitting at 20GB. How much larger will it get? I'm just wondering how much larger the folder will get?

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    You must have a lot of addons. o.o My WoW folder is only 17.7GB.

My beta folder is 16.7GB.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    You must have a lot of addons. o.o My WoW folder is only 17.7GB.

My beta folder is 16.7GB.
    I really don't have that much lol. Would that 16.7GB add-on to the current WoW folder, when it's released?

Probably not completely. The beta client is completely seperate from the game files. Who knows? Old school Azeroth might be more data than the cata one. Probably not though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    I really don't have that much lol. Would that 16.7GB add-on to the current WoW folder, when it's released?
    Shouldn't. The beta folder is completely separate from the main game's, so it should have the entire game in it.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    Shouldn't. The beta folder is completely separate from the main game's, so it should have the entire game in it.
    Ahhh I see, what happened when WotlK was released? I can't remember....

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that the discrepancy on sizes is for all the patching and duplicates, when you have a fresh instalation is always less. If you have your wow since vanilla, it would be bigger than if you installed a wotlk client.

This is because several files are duplicated when you patch, it doesn't overwrite them, it just loead the newest ones. For example you have all the races models on the common.mpq, but every new patch brings new animations or model alterations. All these little things add size to the folder. Since wow almost never overwrite older folders, it just piles them all tohgether but tells the game to load them in order from newer to older.