My Profession Planning - Could use some advise...

OK. I will have 3 toon thats I will be leveling in cata to 85.

#1 - Druid - 450 Enchanting / ???
    #2 - Paladin - 450 Mining / JC
    #3 - Warlock - 450 Alchemy / Herbalism

I cant decide what to pair with my enchanting for my druid since im leveling him first. I think JC could be nice, I'm sure they will be a money maker, having 2 probably wouldnt be so bad. Then again alchemy wouldnt be so bad either. One could be transmute master, the other could be flask specialized. Or I could grab like mining/herbalism and make some nice gold while leveling, or simply send the herbs I get to my lock, and PL his alchemy. Lol, sorry for the rant. I just cant decide.

15+ Year Old Account
    First I want to point out they are removing proffession specialization in Cataclysm.

I would also say that Tailoring would go well with Enchanting or any of the gathering proffession so you don't have to rely on others for the materials you need to level it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    First I want to point out they are removing proffession specialization in Cataclysm.

I would also say that Tailoring would go well with Enchanting or any of the gathering proffession so you don't have to rely on others for the materials you need to level it.
    Would tailoring be good though? Since i am a leather wearer. What would be the bonus for tailoring? So I could just buy cloth, tailor stuff, then DE it?

Deleted
    Maybe you should check out MMO-C's content pages with all the big/known profession changes?
    I'm not sure whether you were aware of this, but there's a huge link list of everything concerning Cataclysm right on the front page. Just hit "professions" and chose your desired spec. Please note, everything's still BETA.

Back on topic, though, I would go with what suits you best. Do you wan to make some decent money? Or are you going for professions that suit your chars and their respective specs best? Do you just want to have each profession once, no matter on which char? These are the kind of questions you need to think about before deciding, I guess. If I were you I'd keep Enchanting on my main. JC always works as a nice profession to have. You can make a good amount of money with it while being very flexible. Just take a look at the current status of all professions. Alch/Herb on your WL works, I suppose. Mining/BS, Mining/Eng or Mining/JC would all work on a paladin. It kind of comes down to what you want to end up doing with your chars. Heal? Do dmg? PvP? PvE? Etc. You get the point.

my main goal this expansion is to make some cash thanks ill reap up on the professions. im new to the site

---------- Post added 2010-08-24 at 06:02 PM ----------

are their any perks to having JC on 2 toons?

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post

For all but alchemy.
    2400 EXP Multi-Boxer On Tichondrius Alliance/Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Baroid View Post
    Would tailoring be good though? Since i am a leather wearer. What would be the bonus for tailoring? So I could just buy cloth, tailor stuff, then DE it?
    Enchants on cloaks are nice, sell bags for loads, thats about it though.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    my main goal this expansion is to make some cash thanks ill reap up on the professions. im new to the site

---------- Post added 2010-08-24 at 06:02 PM ----------

are their any perks to having JC on 2 toons?
    If you're out to make money, gathering professions aren't really a great way unless you have a heap of time to dedicate to them. As for the JC question, if JC has a wrath-esque system where you must slowly earn your cuts, 2x JC toons would net you twice the amount of cuts in the same timeframe.

10+ Year Old Account
    I, too, am also trying to find the best profession comp. On my warrior, I have JC/Mining, on my lvl 60 DK I have herb/Alch, and on my lvl 35 pally I have herb/alch also. I plan to level a worgen hunter as mining/engi, and then a druid as possibly enchanting/tailoring?

Any Advice for max gold making

Proud Member of Respected and Despised (SWTOR USA PST Empire).
    Dark Days are Coming....

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd go for JC on all of your characters... that's what I like to do at least. Considering that we're gonna have to wait for epic gems again, the dragon's eyes of cataclysm will be extremely useful and valuable.

Do herbs/alchemy on the druid especially since u can farm herbs without changing flight form. Enchant/tailor for Warlock

Leg enchants still sell pretty well on my server for the cost of the mats and the new cloths should sell fairly well. There is also this spell http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/75183/ which may provide an easy way to farm those materials.

you can do basically anything... the thing is, you will want to make sure you have a crafting profession like jwc/tailoring/leatherworking etc to go with enchanting, because then you can d/e the green/blue quality items to your enchants.

since you have an alt with crafting, you can just make the items on them and send them over to this char and d/e what you make.