Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

AMZ underpowered?

The question mark was on purpose, for those who wonder.

Anyways, I've specced into anti magic zone with my spare talent points, as i had all of the dps talents.
    I've always liked this spell, but i believe it is underpowered compared to what it once was.
    the scaling of AMZ is as follows:
    10000 + 2*AP, AP obviously being spirit.

whiles levelling, this proved to be very very powerful (that was still far under 80)

at 80, i only had it in a pvp spec. it was a strong cooldown, if you managed to get it off properly. there were always issues like
    not having the right runes or placing it right before someone blinks, but overal worth the talent point.

now at 85, it absorbs about 30k damage in decent gear. as bosses will probably hit far higher than this with stuff like flame breath
    I think this scaling should be modified to 3*AP or 4*AP, without the static 10k ofc. this will cause it to be less powerful at low level, but still rather balanced at high levels.
    Im not asking for a huge buff ofc, just for a change

Thoughts?

PS i care about this for raid utility purpose, obviously i can AMS myself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman View Post
    The question mark was on purpose, for those who wonder.

Anyways, I've specced into anti magic zone with my spare talent points, as i had all of the dps talents.
    I've always liked this spell, but i believe it is underpowered compared to what it once was.
    the scaling of AMZ is as follows:
    10000 + 2*AP, AP obviously being spirit.

whiles levelling, this proved to be very very powerful (that was still far under 80)

at 80, i only had it in a pvp spec. it was a strong cooldown, if you managed to get it off properly. there were always issues like
    not having the right runes or placing it right before someone blinks, but overal worth the talent point.

now at 85, it absorbs about 30k damage in decent gear. as bosses will probably hit far higher than this with stuff like flame breath
    I think this scaling should be modified to 3*AP or 4*AP, without the static 10k ofc. this will cause it to be less powerful at low level, but still rather balanced at high levels.
    Im not asking for a huge buff ofc, just for a change

Thoughts?

PS i care about this for raid utility purpose, obviously i can AMS myself.
    just a small note - most raiding viable specs dont put more than 1 point in magic suppression, so that they gain the bonus runic power from takeing spell damage.

on topic, the ability itself is somewhat weak but it really depends on gear, its just one of those abilities that at higher gear levels becomes more attractive but its not so attractive right now.

Deleted
    Here's the thing: Right now you're in full blues. In WotLK you were in full Epics. The iLevel has gone up, Stats have gone up, but the Gear you're using is not "overgearing" fights like you probably were in WotLK. Well, not yet anyway.

It'll get stronger as you gear up, Ability is still pathetically weak however.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmad View Post
    just a small note - most raiding viable specs dont put more than 1 point in magic suppression, so that they gain the bonus runic power from takeing spell damage.
    The RP u get increased as you put in more points, and other than that, theres nothing else to spec. Im also running 2/2 desecration for a reliable slow, just in case of a valkyr like mechanic. If you have suggestions other than +30 max runic power ill be glad to hear them
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...simist/talent/

Also, obviously its effect increases with gear, but in wotlk blues it absorbed 18k or so. in cata blues this is 26k. seeing how much the numbers increased, i realised that to be a good ability, it should scale better instead of having a base amount of absorbtion.

Nice very good read