Deleted

Burning Crusade stuck on 16%.

Just got my new computer today so, of course, I'm installing WoW again.

Original WoW installed just fine. Now I'm stuck on TBC. It keeps stopping at 16%, and then giving me some kind of error telling me it can't install a certain file. Anyone know what I should be doing? *Is totally useless*

Do you have multiple install medias? The collector's edition came with a DVD and a set of CDs, and you can also download the install file from battle.net.

If you restart and can't get past that point with the media you're using, your best bet (without telling us exactly what the error is/says) is to try a different installer.
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri (Blue Tracker)
    What you're experiencing is world PvP on a PvP realm. I realize that it's not for everyone, but it's not something that we plan to adjust. The harsh reality is that life on a PvP realm can be difficult, and if you aren't prepared for the rigors of playing on such a realm, then it's probably in your best interest to transfer to a normal realm, or, if you cannot afford that, then consider creating a new character on a normal realm.
    Grim Campfire

I need help like this too my steam has fucked up, computer freezes when i try to install it (had it a couple of days ago but then my .exe file was deleted) but that is not wow related.
    OT: Do you play on a Laptop and what is your OS i believe the problem should lie in those things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaluri View Post
    you can also download the install file from battle.net.
    Where can I get this?

Quote Originally Posted by Garush View Post
    I need help like this too my steam has fucked up, computer freezes when i try to install it (had it a couple of days ago but then my .exe file was deleted) but that is not wow related.
    Try uninstalling it and reinstalling it. If your .exe got deleted and then everything started having issues, you could just be opening it the wrong way. A reinstall of Steam ought to fix it, and if not, I suggest posting in the Steam forums. The community there is very pleasant. Usually.

---------- Post added 2010-08-25 at 09:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoyll View Post
    Where can I get this?
    www.battle.net (inb4 loggin' mah keyz)

Login

Click the World of Warcraft: <Expansion> box (probably Wrath of the Lich King)

Manage Game

Click your World of Warcraft Account

Look for "Download Game Client"

Should include Wrath, too.
    Last edited by Emaluri; 2010-08-25 at 09:34 PM. Reason: loggin' mah keyz
    What you're experiencing is world PvP on a PvP realm. I realize that it's not for everyone, but it's not something that we plan to adjust. The harsh reality is that life on a PvP realm can be difficult, and if you aren't prepared for the rigors of playing on such a realm, then it's probably in your best interest to transfer to a normal realm, or, if you cannot afford that, then consider creating a new character on a normal realm.
    Grim Campfire

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaluri View Post

www.battle.net (inb4 loggin' mah keyz)

Login

Click the World of Warcraft: <Expansion> box (probably Wrath of the Lich King)

Manage Game

Click your World of Warcraft Account

Look for "Download Game Client"

Should include Wrath, too.
    Thanks very much, but will it install the original WoW again or something? I have that on my computer already, just not TBC and WOTLK.

Edit: Ah nevermind, it lets you pick the ones you want. This seems good, wish I'd known about this before.
    Last edited by mmocc5c312fa0d; 2010-08-25 at 09:41 PM.

Just got my new computer today so, of course, I'm installing WoW again.

Original WoW installed just fine. Now I'm stuck on TBC. It keeps stopping at 16%, and then giving me some kind of error telling me it can't install a certain file. Anyone know what I should be doing? *Is totally useless*
    It may not solve your problem, but you can skip installing TBC and just go straight to installing WotLK once you've installed vanilla.

Thanks very much, but will it install the original WoW again or something? I have that on my computer already, just not TBC and WOTLK.
    Probably. I'd suggest uninstalling the client you have now. It wouldn't make a difference, really, but it's best to keep things clean.

Also, if your issues persist after using new media, then there's a greater issue at work that I can't help with without some more, detailed information (and you'd probably be better off taking it to the official forums at that point, anyway).
    Grim Campfire

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have the WotLK DVD, you can install all game versions from that one disc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugru View Post
    If you have the WotLK DVD, you can install all game versions from that one disc.
    This, too. Probably an easier solution, as well.

I always forget about this.
    Grim Campfire

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ugru View Post
    Didn't know you could do that either. Well I'm trying the client now. If that doesn't work, I'll try it this way. Thanks very much!

Edit: Was eager to try the WOTLK disc way, as the client seemed to be taking longer than normal, but it just seems to be able to install WOTLK. :/ How'd I know it'll install TBC too?
    Last edited by mmocc5c312fa0d; 2010-08-25 at 09:59 PM.

Didn't know you could do that either. Well I'm trying the client now. If that doesn't work, I'll try it this way. Thanks very much!

Edit: Was eager to try the WOTLK disc way, as the client seemed to be taking longer than normal, but it just seems to be able to install WOTLK. :/ How'd I know it'll install TBC too?
    Unless I'm mistaken, the WoTLK client contains all the TBC and Vanilla content as well. I reinstalled via the downloadable client just a few weeks ago, and my TBC content works fine.
    Ashmit, 80 Human Priest - Ranald, 80 Human Deathknight - Aiera, 60 Human Mage
    Human Race, represent.
    Garrosh is a poopoo-face.