Poll: Should blizz bring back World Bosses

Thread: World Bosses?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did people not experience same faction griefing? I know I did.

Griefing also wasn't limited to a pvp server. There was tons of griefing over kazzak, azuregos and especially the green dragons on my server in vanilla from horde and alliance alike for whatever faction.

I mean, it was cool when I was on a pvp server as horde where there was almost no other horde so when people attempted to grief us, at least they were alliance and we could respond.

At the same time though, on that same pvp server we had MASSIVE wars with a rival ally guild over world bosses that usually ended when one side really needed to start a raid. On the days neither side raided, they might last 6 or 7 hours.

Then again, I think there's more to wanting world bosses than just fun and environmental aesthetics. Don't know what, but I think there's something. After all, the rebuff of the whale shark and it's accompanying achievement is that there's no loot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    Did people not experience same faction griefing? I know I did.
    Sure did, we had loads of level 1 alts logging in on the same faction to make sure we wiped while their raid got to the zone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shokzman View Post
    Remember the good old Classic World Bosses that would roam around. I love world bosses, gives people something else to do. Especially if your someone that doesn't like everything being instanced. I thought that along with the old world changes, Blizzard could add a couple of world bosses. Maybe not the 40man bosses but maybe some 10man bosses that give a quick epic and/or noncombat pet when you kill them.

So what do you think?
    We need them back!

I would like to see them return, but I suppose its nothing super crucial.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grithmir View Post
    ITT: Whiners who can't improvise when griefers arrive. Yeah mechanics like Kazzak shouldn't belong in the oudside world, but everything else was fine. You rolled on a PvP server for a reason. Deal with it or reroll PvE.

I personally loved world bosses. Checking spawns, racing towards him before your rival guilds, a horde raid arriving out of nowhere, turning the whole fight into total chaos. I loved it. WoW needs more stuff like this to spice things up.
    World Boss Griefing occured on PvE realms too. Ever heard of those people who suicide feeds kills to Kazzak so he heals?
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

World bosses combined PvE and PvP; it was great and I would love for blizzard to bring them back.

All they have to do is make them harder to grief where one death doesn't make the boss explode a whole raid.

So the only thing holding back world bosses is some minor griefing? Are you pulling my chain here?

Green dragons farming was bad back then.
    They dropped items (nature res) which you couldnt get anywhere else, so guilds tried to farm them in preparation for aq40.
    We had scouts at each spot and were calling people in the middle of the night (during the week too) to start a raid.

Since they were not that hard in the end, you could do them with a relative small raid (15-25).

In TBC it wasnt that bad since the bosses dropped pretty crappy gear (karazhan level i think), so they were boring pretty fast again.
    They were attractive for a while again when they increased the amount of gold they dropped, dropping badges and making items boe.

They can be fun but if they drop mandatory items, the fun starts to be work. Non hardcore guilds wont see that boss alive anyway until they are useless progression wise.

And the griefing: was okay sometimes but people logging their chars back then to mindcontroll, cyclone, BOP the tank or taunting the boss away was annyoing pretty fast.
    Last edited by Skulli; 2010-08-27 at 09:36 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    Imo the griefing was a part of world bosses. But on my server people usually respected the guild who was attempting hte boss.
    You were on a very tame server then. Griefing on world bosses was rampant on any server I was ever on [4 during vanilla]. One could say that it was part of the experience of trying to take them down. I also think that's why most elite guilds that farmed them tried to do so during off-hours whenever possible, thereby minimizing the chance that some person on their level 28 alt screwed it up for everyone.