Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

Sargeras Vs. Old Gods

This is not a who would win in a fight thread, this is my opinion on who is better.

I believe the old gods are a way better super villian than sargeras, think about it how do the burning legion try and take down the allianc/horde, they roll in with there armies and try to fuck shit up. sort of a rine and repeat battle tactic.
    The old gods on the other hands corrupt, Yogg corrupted all the watchers, not a simple thing to do, some old god corrupted Deathwing, a freaking aspect. they have the ability to make a MUCH more interesting storyline than the legion. imagine if when Cata hits and you learn and old god has currupted Garrosh and he is now leading the armies. a complete twist that would never happen, but it "could" happen simple because the old gods can corrupt anything/anyone.

These are just my opinions, and i thought i would share my train of throught.

TL;DR Sargeras = Massive Armies < Old Gods = Corruption
    Worgen Druids
    Now we Have Shapeshift in our Shapeshift, so we can Shapeshift while we Shapeshift.

Deleted
    Corruption > Army. Though the Dreadlords have the same ability to corrupt as an Old God, right? And they are in the Burning Legion along side Sargeras. So I don't know... Dreadlords might aswell be the cause behind ALL evil in the Warcraft universe after all.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, no one but blizzard knows how many worlds Sargeras and his burning legion completely decimated before they came to Azeroth. Sargeras doesn't need to corrupt people to get what he needs, but he did anyway. I mean, look at Kil'jaeden and Archimonde. Both of them have power that is beyond anything we've ever seen, and they're mere fleas compared to him. They do all of his dirty work, and to be fair, I can't think of any really well known villains that didn't control others to do their bidding.

As far as Azeroth is concerned, yes the Old Gods caused a huge amount of trouble for everything on the planet, but Sargeras did that to countless more.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sargeras. Yes, it's a 5 (?) vs 1, but I still think Sargeras is more powerful than the Old Gods. I do know that the Old Gods span the universe and all that shizzle, but I guess OP means the Old Gods from Azeroth.

As for minions, my guess is that the Burning Legion would win. Far stronger than the Faceless Ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    titans = old gods

sarg > titan

Sarg > 1 old god maybe 2

Sargeras < Titans

Titans = Old Gods

Sargeras < Old Gods

People tend to downplay Sargeras when compared to the Old Gods. Sargeras is the strongest Titan, once acting as their first and last line of defence before his corruption. At that point he would have been about equivilant in power to the Pantheon, the Titans that visited Azeroth. Since then Sargeras' power has grown immensely and his corruption has caused him to radiate an aura of pure destruction which incinerates anything near him in an instant. The Old Gods corrupt and let others carry out their will, Sargeras looks at a situation and pushes down the first domino and lets the others fall and makes it seem as though hes done nothing at all when he was actually the mastermind behind everything.

People may say stuff about The Legion vs. The Old God's armies and it isn't much of a comparison in that sense for a threat either. The Legion is comprised of demons from the strength of a soldier to a power just under that of an Old God. It could also be argued that Kil'jaeden's power is greater than that of an Old God (singular) and the currently deceased Mannoroth would have been just under them in power (Since Lorewise he is stronger than any of the Legions upper-middle ranked commanders [Anything under Archimonde would be counted as middle ranked] and many of the weaker commanders would find most life on Azeroth fairly weak. Ex: Malfurion and Cenarius are weaker than Ragnaros [See The Firelord quest in Cataclysm] and Mannoroth is MUCH more powerful than a mere Elemental Lord.) and has been replaced by the next most powerful Pit Lord Azgalor who, although in the Hyjal raid, never dies there.

In terms of leaders Sargeras wins because he is able to manipulate the situation rather than be reliant upon the weak succumbing to madness and because, unlike the Old Gods, Sargeras is able to fight in the wars himself while the Old Gods rely upon their influence rather than their power. In terms of an army the Legion is much more threatening since it is nearly countless in number and the commanders of the Legion tend to be much more powerful than those of the Old Gods who are limited to the life ONLY on Azeroth and the Elementals who are very limited in number. You need to keep in mind that the Legion is an army made of countless races of Demons spread upon countless worlds compared to the Old Gods of Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Old gods are amazing both conceptually and in lore terms as villains. They are like super-powerful, tentacled Nathrezim on crack. I look forward to fighting more of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    titans = old gods

sarg > titan

Sarg > 1 old god maybe 2
    This is incorrect. A Titan can easily kill an Old God. This we know because the Titans, if they wanted to, could destroy Azeroth and re originate it while removing the husks of the Old Gods. Algalon would have known about the Old Gods of Azeroth and was still certain that re origination would wipe out all life and stop the corruption. That being said, the Titans chose to imprison rather than kill and no one knows why. Its probably because they knew that the Old Gods wouldn't truely die when their physical bodies were killed so decided to imprison them instead.

sargeras enters azeroth and is corrupted by the whispers of the old gods.

yeah what now

Sargeras > Everything.

He is the destroyer of worlds.
    All he has to do is wish Azeroth to be destroyed, and it will be.
    EVERYTHING, will die.

/thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    titans = old gods

sarg > titan

Sarg > 1 old god maybe 2
    But lets be honest, Sargeras was corrupted by the filthy skiddish Nathrezim. The Old Gods are...well, far beyond the mental capacity of those hoofed vampires.

---------- Post added 2010-08-28 at 11:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lamente View Post
    sargeras enters azeroth and is corrupted by the whispers of the old gods.

yeah what now
    Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by A Forum Troll View Post
    Sargeras < Titans

Titans = Old Gods

Sargeras < Old Gods
    Why do people not pay attention to common sense

A titan one on one with sargeras so long as a pantheon we have really no clue who would win so

Sargers =?= titans

The old gods got destroyed pretty much by the titans, they beat them 5-0 the only reason why the old gods exist today is because the titans didn't want to destroy azeroth. So it is very reasonable to believe that

Titans > Old Gods.

As for sargeras vs an old god in a fight we have no clue who would win, you can speculate all you want but we don't know if sargeras is stronger than the titans or not from any credible source. Sargeras was the champion of the titans but that in no way makes him the strongest titan, it's very possible that the strongest being in the universe is Aman'thul and not sargeras.

And as for the whole WELL SARGERAS WAS CORRUPTED, it's very unlikely that he was corrupted and it is much more likely that after his several probably thousand years of fighting against evil he realized that evil is everywhere and unending, and that just maybe he was on the wrong side. Maybe evil and chaos were the natural order of things instead of good. Last time i checked the dreadlords are next to nothing in comparison to most of the people we've seen so far and they are nothing next to sargeras. Use logic next time please.
    Last edited by xile; 2010-08-28 at 11:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xile View Post

A titan one on one with sargeras so long as a pantheon we have really no clue who would win so

Sargers =?= titans

The old gods got destroyed pretty much by the titans, they beat them 5-0 the only reason why the old gods exist today is because the titans didn't want to destroy azeroth. So it is very reasonable to believe that

Titans > Old Gods.

As for sargeras vs an old god in a fight we have no clue who would win, you can speculate all you want but we don't know if sargeras is stronger than the titans or not from any credible source.
    Ah the true skeptic in the room, lol. Always good to have one to bring everyone back down to earth.

Quote Originally Posted by xile View Post

Sargers =?= titans
    If you read my post, I wrote titans in plural.
    One on one was not even mentioned.

By old god i assume you mean titan as Sargeras is much more powerful than the old gods. One on one Sargeras has proven to be stronger than any titan. But combined the titans would floor him.

Let me clarify, a single titan, Aggramar, was charged with dealing with Sargeras. By his own admission Sargeras is too powerful for Aggramar to solo. Logic suggests the titans, being pretty clever and all, would pick there strongest to challenge Sargeras. This leads to Sargeras being the strongest individually. Although All the titans together i wouldn't fancy his chances...
    Last edited by Wonderboy; 2010-08-28 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowpunch View Post
    Sargeras > Everything.

He is the destroyer of worlds.
    All he has to do is wish Azeroth to be destroyed, and it will be.
    EVERYTHING, will die.

/thread.
    his two failed invasions would like to have a word with you

Quote Originally Posted by Xaladan View Post
    The old gods on the other hands corrupt
    Wait, The Burning Legion doesn't know tactics? The Lich King says hello. :P

Ner'Zhul was a brilliant plan, just too bad the demons got a little cocky.

Anyhow, of course the old gods are more powerful than Sargeras and his entire legion. They were the ones the corrupted Neltharion (Deathwing) and had him open a portal for The Burning Legion to invade Azeroth through, hoping that in return, the old gods would be allowed to escape through that very same portal. Such an act requires a great deal of cunning, and I highly doubt that they would allow an aggressor that they didn't think they could handle if shit hit the fan to invade Azeroth.

But Ner'Zhul was indeed the most brilliant plan The Burning Legion had ever constructed, and I think it's commonly accepted that it was due to Yogg-Sarons interference, that Ner'Zhul was allowed to break free of his icy prison and reach out to Arthas.

---------- Post added 2010-08-28 at 11:36 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by A Forum Troll View Post
    If you read my post, I wrote titans in plural.
    One on one was not even mentioned.
    very possible, i'm not sure where people are getting this whole sargeras has proven to be the strongest titan though, i've read everything i can about him and yes he was the CHAMPION of the titans, doesn't mean he's the most powerful though. There is no evidence to support that sargeras is stronger than any of the titans. If it came down to it i think it's very possible aman'thul would wipe the floor against his brother seeing how he is much older/wiser etc etc. There is a reason he is the leader of them all

10+ Year Old Account
    Old Gods have massive armies also. Twilight's Hammer, Twilight Drakes, (possibly infinite dragonflight), All the Faceless Ones and the like, armies of elementals, they have sizable armies also. What makes them better in my opinion is they're less like the typical generic "bad guy". "I will destroy you because my beliefs somehow have turned a 180 and now everyone must die!" IE: Illidan, Arthas, etc~