Poll: Which intro tickles you fancy

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Gob vs worg intro

goblin and worgen intros have been out for a while. Which one do you like more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cax8M_rliss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtU6qXM4ujo

worgen intro is cool but that epic goblin theme sweeps me off ma feet

Goblin's one is funnier, actually, their whole popularity's based on their stupidity and nonsense in blowing up things, I find that intro appropriate

Deleted
    I love the atmosphere on the Worgen one, the buildup and everything. So that one gets my vote.

shame on you guys...voting for worgen intro....VOTE! goblin ...goblin = ftw ofc SHAME ON YOU!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Terrible nightmare creatures, that walk upright as man, but hunt and howl as wolfs".
    I'm frightened.

Deleted
    Nice, I tickle 3 voters fancy

If worgen stay as-is and actually remain badass, then the Worgen intro is very fitting and awesome.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've never liked the intros very much and these are no exception. Though I liked the fake out in the worgen opening making you think you're starting as the one on the roof. Also really bugs me how the narrator says Gilneas, had the same problem with him in the new blood elf opening.

Quote Originally Posted by frunken View Post
    I've never liked the intros very much and these are no exception. Though I liked the fake out in the worgen opening making you think you're starting as the one on the roof. Also really bugs me how the narrator says Gilneas, had the same problem with him in the new blood elf opening.
    I'm pretty sure that's the correct pronunciation, I doubt Blizzard would let something like that slip through.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sny View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's the correct pronunciation, I doubt Blizzard would let something like that slip through.
    I don't doubt it is, it's just different than how I always read it. Whenever the narrator says words like Gilneas or Kael'thas he takes a short pause, probably remembering how to pronounce it, and it kills the immersion for me.

Hearing the very articulate voice actor reading some of the dialogue just feels silly, like morgan freeman narrating fanfic.

10+ Year Old Account
    gotta love the goblins....
    BUT...
    needs more explosions. maybe some gasoline?

No, you.

Worgen, but goblin aint bad
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

What's wrong with it? How did you think Gilneas was pronouced? And what problem with the blood elf opening?

Quote Originally Posted by Mojoma View Post
    shame on you guys...voting for worgen intro....VOTE! goblin ...goblin = ftw ofc SHAME ON YOU!
    The worgen intro was more interesting. If you've never heard of either race before, the cinematic has about 1 minute to convince you to take interest in either race's story. I'm liking the Gilneans' plight a little more.

I like them both but the Worgen intro is let down by one mistake: how can the worgen be a "rumour" if they're right in front of the player fighting Gilnean soldiers as he speaks?

15+ Year Old Account
    Worgen all the way. Goblins are too moronic and greedy to be cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted "No U" just because...y'know, it was there.
    But I actually like the Worgen intro more. It definitely does a better job at setting a theme then the Goblin one which really felt like it was trying to show off Kezan more then get the viewer to relate better with them.

Deleted
    I absolutely LOVE the Goblin theme, gotta go goblin

That is how Gilneas is pronounced.