LFG changes suggestions for Cataclysm

Hello

I really like the LFG system however there's two things I dislike about it and would like to see if people share my experience:

1> When you queue for a random, you can not queue for a BG.
    If you have ever queued up for LFG as dps you will know that at times you could be waiting for 15-20 minutes. LFG does not let you queue for BGs while you wait. If this is changed it would help a lot. This is also true when you list yourself in Raid Browser, you are not allowed to queue for BG !

2>The group matchin should in someway bring people of similar ilvl gear together.
    I will provide an example from yesterday. I was a healer, our tank was in almost all Blues and some greens and we had two fire mages in ICC25 gear.
    No matter how hard the tank tried...he could not hold aggro ! He was doing his best, I am sure but there's a point when skill needs to be complimented by gear. Needless to say the goup did not even make it to first boss !

I think these changes would make LFG a better system ! Have people had similar experiences, thoughts about the system?

10+ Year Old Account
    1> There is a ton of other stuff you can do while waiting for your random to pop. They want people to commit to either a BG or a RD, and not be able to pop back and forth. "But they could just remove you from the other queue when one pops!" you say, but on my server, and i'm not sure if it's like this for all servers, but i know it's like it for a lot, the BG queue is a lot shorter than the RD queue, so you'd never get a RD anyways.

2> It tries, but sometimes the only tank available is that one dude with the 3k gearscore. /shrug The dps should at least try to control their threat. i have a pretty decently geared mage and i always try to slow down a little when i have a crappily geared tank. DPS just doesn't matter in dungeon.

The problem with grouping people of similar ilvl is that it makes it much harder to get started. Badly geared tanks are generally ok if they have a decent healer, but the system you describe would try to stop that from happening. About your first point, Blizzard have posted about this before and I can't remember what their reasoning was for not allowing it. It could be a technical issue (putting too much strain on the servers).

If I could change one thing about LFG it would be to make it so you don't get teleported to the damn instance. I remember when Blizzard introduced it they were like "hey it's so people can pop on and do an instance during their lunch break or whatever, and then pop off!" I wonder if they really gave it that much thought? It sounds great for something like TF2 or Left 4 Dead, but it's a terrible idea in an MMORPG where the most compelling thing about the game is the persistent world itself.

Deleted
    maybe expand the random dungeon search to EU, US etc. continent instead of battlegroup or use several battlegroups (like 1-3)
    and maybe allow several same classes to 1 group because i haven't seen several hunters or some other class in 1 group

Deleted
    LFG is horrible in beta. 30~ min queues as healer. 1~ hr as dps.
    That is because now ALL dungeons requires all players to discover the entrance to queue for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodelfer View Post
    maybe expand the random dungeon search to EU, US etc. continent instead of battlegroup or use several battlegroups (like 1-3)
    and maybe allow several same classes to 1 group because i haven't seen several hunters or some other class in 1 group
    They already plan to make the Dungeon Finder work across all battlegroups.

Why would you want more than one class per group? Especially if they're the same role.