View Poll Results: Who Emerges Victorious in a Fight to the Death?

Voters
1875. This poll is closed
  • Arthas

859 45.81%
  • Grom

1,016 54.19%
Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MortalWombat View Post
    What... first off Illidan needed three others(From what I gather they were Kael'thas, Lady Vashj, and Akama. Not exactly weaklings assisting him) to beat Magtheridon. And Magtheridon was Mannoroth's underling, do not confuse him with Mannoroth. Mannoroth was the king of pitlords, the strongest one there was.

Second, Mannoroth didn't kill Grom. Pitlords of power like Magtheridon and Mannoroth would explode in hellfire when they die. Mannoroth didn't do any kamikaze attack, Grom's axe destroyed his heart triggering his body to blow up. Grom himself triggered the explosion not Mannoroth.

Mannoroth = Kil'jaeden's second in command
    Magtheridon= Underling of Mannoroth that had thoughts that maybe the siege on him was the Legion testing him. Doesn't sound like a guy near Mannoroth's level
    Oh damn it. Sorry, im not too good with the legion... so much for that

Illidan also killed Azzinoth, a Doomguard Commander of the Burning Legion, in fact Illidan has quite a track record, same as Arthas. Illidan has lived for thousands of years, has met Sargeras, who infused Arcane Energy upon his body.
    Hell, he even closed the Portals of Outland by himself, the Portals that tore apart draenor he closed.

And in a fight Arthas won.

Also think, if this was Grom vs Uther, how different would the votes be, and Arthas defeated Uther aswell.

Agreeing with Dark Side on this one, Arthas would win.

Wtf this has been over for a day or so now...gtfo of this thread peoples

I was going to quote a few posts, but to say what I have to say, I don't need to. First point I want to address. The whole "Grom didn't defeat Cenarius. Grom and tons of fel orcs did." OK, if you played through WC3 (or TFT I forget which one it was now), you would realize that when Grom got to Ashenvale, he had no intention of even fighting Cenarius. Cenarius accused Grom and his orcs of still being under the influence of the Burning Legion. When Grom denied that he was, Cenarius didn't believe him and began to send tons of ancients, treants, dryads, mountain giants and night elves to lay siege to a base that Grom and his orcs barely had time to set up. Grom, not being a pushover or one to just give up and retreat, fended off the non-stop onslaught, but realized his orcs could not fight a neverending battle and hope to win. He went to lay siege to Cenarius himself, but found that his conventional weapon attacks could not harm him. If you cannot physically kill your assailant, defeat is imminent unless you retreat. So Grom drank of Mannoroth's blood, which gave them the ability to pierce Cenarius' demi-god hide and then utterly roflstomped him and every single night elf and creature of nature under Cenarius' command. It wasn't just Cenarius standing there by himself with Grom and 100 other orcs chopping him down while hopped up on demon blood. Don't exaggerate...

Secondly, the whole Mannoroth killing Grom thing. Grom did not lose the battle. He won. If Grom had fought any other creature of that power level that wasn't a pitlord (i.e. someone that goes asplode when killed), then you all wouldn't have a leg to stand on. If it had been Tichondrius (a dreadlord who only would disperse into nothing when killed), then he would've one shotted him instead of Manny and went on with his original Ashenvale wood harvest, and you all would have nothing to say about him "losing". But since the physiology of a powerful pitlord states that when one dies, it explodes, you attribute that to a win for Mannoroth (or at least a draw). That's a ridiculous argument, and one that I'm tired of addressing. Get over yourselves trying to downplay Grom's win to something as simple as basic biology. Had his opponent been of equal power, strength, speed, size, age, experience etc. but NOT been a pitlord (something that explodes upon death), you all wouldn't have shit to say about Grom losing, so yeah, that's enough about that.

And about the fanboy thing. If I hear one more guy say that Arthas has no fanboys and every one of his voters are logical, intelligent, unbiased debaters, but every one of Grom's voters are horde crazy, Grom loving, delusional fanboys, then I'm just going to stop addressing any of you, since that would make all of you in that category obviously misinformed, judgmental, bitter losers that are trying to spite the opposition because your "team" is losing. This is a public based vote, and there will be some biased, and some unbiased opinions. Either way, there are tons of people quoting lore and making their decisions based off of a number of different factors. You want the truth? You can't handle the truth! (obviously)

P.S.

And for all of you saying that DK = Blademaster + being able to cast spells, so DK auto wins, you are a sad bunch. That's like saying a boxer fighting a Muay Thai fighter would lose simply because the boxer only uses his fists and the Muay Thai fighter uses fists, legs, elbows and knees. Stop it with this nonsense, please people.

Edit: Oh, and Thrall didn't help Grom defeat Mannoroth. Someone come into this thread and say he did. I dare ya. I double dare ya. I will link the vid and shut you up wit the quickness.
    With a shape like that, and a cape like that, cc better cc me. Cuz them dots just keep on rollin, and you know red equals dead. So let them casters cast, cuz haste makes us too fast. And I ride out in Mimiron's Head.

15+ Year Old Account
    As the agreement goes. Polls done so the thread is closed. Grats to Grom.