Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Temptation to roll Warrior, worth it?

O hi.
    I quit WoW like half and a year ago. Was playing Hunter back then. I was always temptated to roll Warrior.
    With Cata im looking forward it, but is it worth?
    I wont tank, never ever. So basically I want to know how Warriors look in Arms PvP and Fury PvE.
    I know, beta is beta, but good warriors already can draw a picture, at least of early Cata.

oh also. somehow i was always unlcuky with class choice, guilds i were in always were full on those classes.
    is cata going to boost up or boost down Warrior count?

ill update as soon as i remember details.
    ty.

Its worth it, trust me.

15+ Year Old Account
    I quit WoW myself 2 months after the release of WotLK, but I'm going to roll a worgen warrior with the release of cata. I never got a warrior above lvl 30, but I know it's worth it to level one.

I will only use it to dps pve/pvp. I don't like tanking.

Deleted
    ty for info!

10+ Year Old Account
    By far the most fulfilling class I've ever played at max level, and that includes warlocks, shamans, rogues, hunters, priests, and DKs.

Then again, personal opinion etc.
    "The truth, my goal."

Deleted
    well I remember when beta was announced and changes were revealed there were tons of QQ that warriors are being destroyed, they`ll quit it and whatnot.hm

Currently warriors look best of melee classes for Cata. It's just retards QQ'ing since they're afraid warriors won't be #1 melee class like every other expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Superarce View Post
    well I remember when beta was announced and changes were revealed there were tons of QQ that warriors are being destroyed, they`ll quit it and whatnot.hm
    Yeah because the original Beta idea's they came up with where mostly....crap....utter and total crap. Besides of removing ArP, half our crit, then making up a gimmicky half empty totaly proc based rotation for both arms and fury, they only introduced 3 rather unimpressive new abilites, out wich one was removed almost instantly (thanks to rogue QQQQQQQ, self refreshing rend), a complicated Rage management toy and a 3 year old ability that was reimplemented in a lame ass version.

Thanks lord then everything changed, the talents got rewored, rotation redone, new abilites added, things polished, etc. Its still not done, but its promising.

Warriors look nice for Cata. Let's just hope Blizzard won't take the dk path and make mortal strike hit for 10% weapon damage +10% for every bleed on the target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arms pvp is a lot of fun... but if you like tanking, look no further. I've never had more fun playing WoW than I have while playing a prot warrior. It takes more to put out the same threat as other classes, but that's what's fun about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    even if you don't want to tank, there's less unique buffs and more room for good raiders in PvE, not necessarily single classes. if you want to be at something, go for it, and you'll be rewarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I've played on beta and on live Fury is BORING as hell (to me personally I hate having Free GCD's and a fixed rotation), Warrior's have always been pretty strong in pvp but pray you have low latency (sub 100ms pref sub 50ms) and become very comfortable with stance dancing and having pretty much every key on your action bar macro'd for stance chances/weapon changes etc. Lots of interesting changes to arms for pvp.

Warrior Hammer of Justice 5s stun short CD
    Hamstring Immobilises now baseline.
    PURE armor ignore aka enemey has 0 armor, though a short CD attack this will fix warriors hitting Plate for nothing.
    Heroic strike off the GCD so it can be used more without rage starving yourself as arms.

You shouldn't knock tanking btw, I enjoy tanking a Lot more than pvp/pve as arms or fury, especially trash tanking and dungeon speed runs, I love the mobility and Proc based nature of Protection.

Theres no more pride in any other class then the warrior. Theres no tricks, theres no Cowardice and sadly theres no benefits. So you feel pride when your decked out in great gear and highest on the Dps, or even the main tank over anyone else.

I also played a hunter for a long time and then switched to a Orc Warrior in Vanilla. Was really happy with him, but i played rarely.(no computer) When i got a job and a computer, I got my warrior to 80, got him in really good gear in December through february(icc gets boring) and then i lvled up another hunter(BE) and realized I have a lot more fun lvling a hunter then a warrior, but their about the same BG wise, but i prefer warrior for raids and arenas.

I'd say right now, is the time to not gear up but to play many different classes until Cata, see what ones you like more, I'm currently lvling a paladin and Druid at the same time and on another account, a 70 warrior twink XD

---------- Post added 2010-08-28 at 04:53 PM ----------

personally I think warrior is the only class that should be different from race to race.
    You seriously think a gnome should be able to do everything an orc or a tauren can?
    thats why I hope one day that give a few moves to each race for that class.

Arms pvp is quite challenging. Lots of macros and stancedancing. Get used to Tenosynovitis

Fury pve is ez. But nice big numbers

And charging is aaawesome

Quote Originally Posted by Niero123 View Post
    Arms pvp is quite challenging. Lots of macros and stancedancing.
    rofl

I've played on and off since release, I've always loved my warrior and I've never regretted being one- Hrmmm wait...Ok there was that one time in the pre-patch for BC...But that's besides the point.

Prot warrior tanking is wonderfully fun, you should try it.
    Once you tank you'll never go back! No really, your guildmates will always bug you to tank everything.

Just whatever you do as a warrior; don't click your abilities- especially as a tank.
    Last edited by Nide; 2010-08-28 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devlin1991 View Post
    From what I've played on beta and on live Fury is BORING as hell (to me personally I hate having Free GCD's and a fixed rotation), Warrior's have always been pretty strong in pvp but pray you have low latency (sub 100ms pref sub 50ms) and become very comfortable with stance dancing and having pretty much every key on your action bar macro'd for stance chances/weapon changes etc. Lots of interesting changes to arms for pvp.
    While i fully agree that Fury is the simple one of the 3 specs and can be a bit monotonous, there is one thing about fury that the other 2 tree's dont have PvE wise. The oportunity to make the gameplay as easy or as dificult as YOU want it to be.

If you dont have a protection warrior in raid. Doing maximum dps+sundering+keeping rend up means you will never, ever have a single free GCD, that you constantly dump most of your rage, so doing it wrong can get you rage starved. Also if there is not Ret paladin debuffing AP, you can spec into Demo shout (instead of Commanding presence) and keep that up aswell.

Fury is as complicated as you want to make it (well as complicated as your raid group allows it to be).

Its in the Ret paladin courtyard. Faceroll dps, but if you want to play the spec to its FULL potential there is a lot more you can do.

True that you also need -120 (worst case scenario) MS latency to play the class to its full.

I would recommend rolling a warrior, very fun class to play. I know you say you will 'never ever' tank but i would suggest giving it a try. Tanking is such a rewarding and challenging role to play, personal perferance ofc, but try out everything the class has to offer is the best way imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Mihalik: You have a point about the difficulty of the spec changing based on Raid comp. If you somehow have no ap-debuffer and no sunder'er then you have 2 extra 30s debuffs to keep up, which can start to eat up all of your free GCD's especially if you have downtime off the boss or target switches where you need to keep restacking sunder.

Unfortunately for me there is a warrior MT in the 25mans I do so Its just normal rotation + rend + engineering bombs for me, which I find far less interesting than tanking

a warrior is always a good choice to play. but in my experience most of the raids wont take more than 2 or maybe 3 dps warrios.