Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I miss trying every race to see the new starter zone and story.

I miss trying all the class combinations and different races to experience them.

The first post kinda sums it up for me too, currently on a break from WoW, hope cataclysm brings something new since i still think Blizz makes the best games.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't miss being a noob. Don't get mer wrong: there were a lot of events that I look back on fondly - but I laugh now and say, "what a noob I used to be."

I DO miss the "wow!" factor of exploring an area for the first time, meeting a new type of mob for the first time, seeing new quests, running new instances, etc.

The good news is that I enjoyed when Wrath first came out because it was "all new"... and I'm going to get another bout of "all new" when Cataclysm hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskra View Post
    I miss my first day in WoW.
    I miss getting lost in Red Cloud Mesa (couldn't find the damn well)
    I miss thinking you did more damage if you kept right-clicking the mob.
    I miss running around the plains of Mulgore for a whole day trying to find that bastard Arra'chea.
    I miss dueling that rogue in Crossroads who vanished into thin air making me think he fled the duel so I started killing a few questmobs when he reappeared and started beating the crap out of me.
    I miss getting my first gray leather shoulders for my warrior, thinking I was awesome with them.
    I miss saving money for that awesome-looking white vendor axe.
    I miss not knowing squat about Auction House or how to use it.
    I miss going to Booty Bay at level 15 with the intention of going all the way to Silvermoon because I wanted to train swordskill. (at least I made it halfway through Duskwood until I gave up)
    I miss charging about in Wailing Caverns as a dps warrior without a clue that I was acctually wiping the group.
    I miss picking up mail items with intellect and spirit, just because they had higher armor value than my old armor pieces.
    I miss that the game used to be an adventure, unexplored, always more to see, always stuff you didn't know.

What now? Now I'm a half-bored old half-elitist doing my dailies and roflstomping 1, 2 or maybe even 3 random heroics each day just so I can get my emblems. Here's one hoping Cataclysm will make me a noob again, opening a whole new world for me. An unexplored world. A world filled with stuff I don't know yet.
    The last game I played on a PC before wow was Diablo 2 so I was a spam clicker to start, oddly enough I sucked really bad and died a lot. Thinking that the lvl 15 to 18 grey shoulders and helms were game chaning upgrades over nothing and saving any I found so other toons would have them is also a fond misguided memory.

15+ Year Old Account
    my submarine. it's long, hard and full of seamen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitehattori View Post
    *Running to Crossroads and being ganked by the Ally NPC's
    *didn't know the difference between alliance and horde?

i miss saying: "i wonder what the next zones gonna be?"

ow yeah i remeber getting beastslayer for the first time on my two hander sword on my hunter, i thanked my friend profusely, i was happy to have a glowing weapon it was uber kewl

---------- Post added 2010-09-02 at 08:51 PM ----------

i also miss watching videos of level 60's in battlegrounds especially warsong gulch and being amazed at what great gear they were wearing!!! i really wanted to hit level 60 and enter the battlegrounds to see all those diffrent raid gear.I was still stuck doign quests in stv, seemed an eternity for me to exit that zone , but at least the chat was lively , nobody in stv seemed to be in a hurry.

I miss exploring the cool, new lands and seeing all the different types of monsters and killing a few of each, even if they weren't associated with a quest, just to say I killed them.
    I miss the adrenaline rush of seeing an Alli in hillsbrad or STV and mapping a quick plan in my head as to how I can kill them.
    I miss the intensity of running dungeons that you knew very little about and half the pulls required a small discussion as to how they need to be handled (sigh, BRD).

Sadly, most of us have played this game so long that, like any other game you dump hours into, we become so familiar the "new" sensation is but a faint memory.
    We learn the ins and outs and nothing catches us by surprise because we know even the new boss fights from front to back before stepping foot into the raid.
    It happens with all games and I don't even think Cata will change that.
    Unless you are a new player.
    Then it's all new and wonderous.

ow and lol i remeber the que to enter my realm too lol, logging into that old wow load screen to see your like 500 in que to get on lol(time to grab some food and hit the bathroom)

Quote Originally Posted by Protqt View Post
    I miss shooting at a mob, then when it got near I would melee and then attack with my pet.
    I miss farming endless mobs cause I didnt know how to quest
    I miss walking from NE starting place to stormwind, just to heartstone when I realised there wasnt a hunter trainer at human starting area.
    I miss the feeling I got when I tamed my first pet
    I miss the feeling you would get when you dinged, or even got an item.
    I miss stacking intellect as a hunter, cause my mage friend told me it was good.
    I miss speccing 2x/2x/2x

:<
    My God , you were a real baddie , how on earth didnt you understand how to quest ???

Long live Garona Halforcen ! Cheers to Odexy for the Sig !

I miss class uniqueness.
    Now these points of data make a beautiful line.

I miss getting help for quest
    I miss the summon stone
    H E R O E S

\ "When I was a kid ... I used to wish some stranger would come and tell me my family wasn't really my family. They weren't bad people, they were just ... insignificant. And I wanted to be different. Special. I wanted to change. A new name, a new life. The watchmaker's son ... became a watchmaker. It is so futile. And I wanted to be ... important." \
    Sylar

I remember when my Co-Workers ran me through SFK for the first time. He sent his Succubus through a bunch of mobs, and I followed it thinking everything would aggro on it since it was running ahead of me.

Killing Elites for the first time was fun. I kept going at it, working on doing a little better until I figured out a strategy to beat it.

Most of all though, I miss seeing and experiencing things for the first time in game...

Also, I miss when my friend was stacking Spirit as a Troll Rogue to boost his health regeneration racial, he didn't believe me when I said it would be better to stack agility so he could kill things faster.

I miss when being good at this game set you apart from evryone else.
    I miss when being scrub ass set you apart aswell.
    I miss back in BC when carrying people was more of a pain in the ass and less forgiving.
    I miss resistance bosses.
    I miss AV during the alliance QQ phase, couldnt get a game started but it made me laugh my ass off each day it went on.
    I miss when I used freak out whenever i saw a NPC with a lvl higher then the cap.
    I miss being a newbie to evry aspect of this game, scrubs and assholes didnt phase me as bad as they do now.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Afterward you miss being a noob, but at the time you wished you knew everything you know right now... ironic, isnt it?

10+ Year Old Account
    If I could lose all my knowledge of warcraft and start over, I would.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    If I could lose all my knowledge of warcraft and start over, I would.
    QFT, starting out its fun you get to see whats going on and get good laughs when you see how wrong about somthing you are, you dont know what scrubs are so dumbasses in bad gear/specs wouldnt bother you, and not knowing how stressful raiding can be at times is a bonus.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

I miss the feeling of suddenly realizing that I couldn't take Hogger on my own as a level 10 mage.

Deleted
    I don't miss being a newb with no intention of bettering myself.
    I do miss being a newb a bit, though.

I miss thinking that it was better to use finishers with a single point because you'd do damage faster that way. (I really have no idea why, don't ask.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss tanking Blood Furnace in fury spec/fury gear/zerker stance + a shield and thinking that I was doing the best I could. The rage was expressed on both sides of the battle.

All I can say is that THANK GOD recount wasn't used often back when I was leveling my rogue. I have a feeling I would have been brought to tears by the hate (if there was any hate thrown my way).