Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Red face Death Knights and hellfire Ramparts

Right, time for my daily troll...

Recently got my prot pally up to 60, and started doing the BC randoms, and every time it's Ramparts (which i do quite enjoy) with at least 2 death knights in the group

Not that I'm bashing DK's, my main happens to be one, but these particular Dk's are slightly retarded...

They start death griping mobs aggro'd to you where ever they can, no matter how many times you kindly say DG'ing isn't normally used as DPS, and even to the point of 'STOP USING DEATH GRIP' they just remain silent and very annoying... not to mention i've found they tend to run around like headless chickens until they run into a pack of clearly visible mobs and die.

Apologies if you are a level 60 DK and aren't completely retarded.. just needed to get that off my chest, if anyone has similar stories, i'd like to hear them, knowing someone else shares my pain makes it slightly better ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    yup been there done that, tried tanking it on my dk. went to hell and i went dps instead cause every dk keept pulling,death gripping and dying

60-70 is the shit tier of LFD, you'll group up with retarded dks until UK and Nexus when most of them quit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancunchi View Post
    60-70 is the shit tier of LFD, you'll group up with retarded dks until UK and Nexus when most of them quit.
    This, sadly, is true.
    What do you think you know and how do you think you know it?

Are you conscious in the sense of being aware of your own awareness?

Yeah, everyone trying to tank as DK in BC is sucking

the awesomeness of the mob flying through the air is too much to resist for many low lvl dks

10+ Year Old Account
    I DG'd all the time leveling up on my DK, but not because I'm retarded. For some reason tanks haven't learned how to taunt that mob charging the mage that pulled aggro.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad Dk's make what would normally be a boring, uneventful run through Ramps very exciting and action-packed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    You're right. Blizzard shouldn't have temporarily banned you. They should have sent a couple employees to your residence to Jay and Silent Bob you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    I saved a man's life today by performing brain surgery and removing a tumor the size of a quarter from his frontal lobes. God damnit I wish I wasn't ignorant though, cause I have no idea what an LSAT is. I don't know the radius of the Moon either.
    I took part in the LSAT/Cataclysm release date thread.

Deleted
    first day of wotlk i did Hellfire ramps 5 dks... only then most of the players playing dk werent "retarded".

Deleted
    I've got an urge to make another DK and do Hellfire Ramparts like the good old days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamslam View Post
    I DG'd all the time leveling up on my DK, but not because I'm retarded. For some reason tanks haven't learned how to taunt that mob charging the mage that pulled aggro.
    The problem is, in my case, they end up taunting off me, i can hold aggro fine until i see purple hands raping everything

I also just got my Pally to BC, well he's now 66, but about a week ago when i was 60. I've been trying to teach my girlfriend how to play. Quite excited that she's into it after 2 years of her hating me playing. So anyways we queue, get ramps, it's me, my gf, a mage, resto druid, and the DK. Right off the bat he starts running into everything. I pull everything off of him, then whisper the healer and him and i agreed he'd get no heals. He continued to pull each mob, at which time i decided to fuck with him. He pulled a group and died, we said "if you die, you run back in" he released, we cleared trash, he ran up to us pulled a group, died, released, ran back in, and this kept happening up until the last boss. I was happy he was running back during both the first two boss fights, we get to the last boss and I kicked him. Hopefully he learned something after minimal experience gains and no loot. But probably not.

Inb4 DK hatred, one of my raiding toons is a DK
    Inb4 LAWLWUT wow players don't have gfs, jealous is jealous

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamslam View Post
    Yeah, 99% of freshly made DKs are just thick and annoying but once in a while you get a clever one who'll death grip an awkward caster mob to you so you can tank it, I love it when they do that for me and I try to do it in return ^_^

Edit: just noticed this slightly contradicts my sig quote haha

One time when I leveled my resto druid, I ended up in Blood Furnace with 4 DKs... all of which wanted to tank. What a nightmare that was.
    Just another random troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's weird to think about this, because I'm leveling a warrior right now as arms and find myself having to Taunt a lot to peel off loose mobs attacking a caster. I had a tank yesterday curse me up and down for doing it, then got a whisper from the lock who had aggro'd two guys saying thanks. I just had to lol.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

When I was lvling my DK in outlands, I went for a random, and the warrior tank just said:

- "I won't tank with a Death Knight."

And he left.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anti-wow View Post
    When I was lvling my DK in outlands, I went for a random, and the warrior tank just said:

- "I won't tank with a Death Knight."

And he left.
    Yeh, unfortunately DK reputation has gone down, i've been declined from guilds before because they simply don't have DK's... after some talking with the GM of one particular guild, every DK they've let in has either had poor DPS, couldn't tank right (Poor threat, lack of taunts in AoE), never followed tactics or just couldn't specc/play their class, DK's can be a very handy class in situations, it's just a shame some people don't want us since our reputation has been ruined by those that can't be bothered to stop for a second and simply learn how to play their class.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think DK reputation has gone down. On my realm in the EU at least, DK's never really had a good reputation ever.

It started out badly with the "i will say i'm a tank even though i'm wearing dps gear and don't know how to play my class yet" dks and hasn't gotten any better.

There are at least 5 awful Dk's for every good 1. Problem was starting at too high a level, and being the only class released, should probably do 2 at once to balance out the amount of people rolling.

I've had plenty of bad experiences with DKs but never ones where they have taunted off of me as tank. Reading about it makes me wonder what they are thinking when they decide that pulling a mob off the person geared/specced to handle mobs AND is higher on healing priority list is the smart thing to do.

as a healer its not fun to try and heal a fresh dk tank in dps gear and talents as he tries to pull every mob in the place
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.