Thread: if you could..

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

if you could..

if you could fill all talent branches of every class, which do you think would be the most op?

10+ Year Old Account
    Druid or Paladin.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna go with Palladin, but I'd say Druid would be good, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    You're right. Blizzard shouldn't have temporarily banned you. They should have sent a couple employees to your residence to Jay and Silent Bob you.
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    I saved a man's life today by performing brain surgery and removing a tumor the size of a quarter from his frontal lobes. God damnit I wish I wasn't ignorant though, cause I have no idea what an LSAT is. I don't know the radius of the Moon either.
    I took part in the LSAT/Cataclysm release date thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    because this thread is new and exciting

On topic: Paladin. a plate-wearing powerhouse capable of taking huge amounts of damage and being able to self heal.
    Although, what weapons would they use? 1-hand and shield? 2-hand?

Priest. Current Talent Trees.

Talented Power Word: Shield. (Read: Borrowed Time)
    Guardian Spirit.
    Dispersion.
    Talented Shadow Fiend. (Read: Cooldown)
    Pain Suppression.
    Talented DoTs. (Read: Imp Devouring Plague and Twisted Faith)
    Power Infusion.
    Shadow Form when you don't need to heal.

The list could honestly go on.

Any hybrid class and mages

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior:
    dual weilding 2, 2-handers.
    bladestorm.
    GG

Warrior... Bladestorm with 2x 2handers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby John Kenobi View Post
    Warrior... Bladestorm with 2x 2handers?
    LOL DISARMED.
    Seriously.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

haha druid would be cool could switch boomkin tree and cat form

I think a better bet is a class that can use their gear for all three specs, i.e. pure dps classes. The problem as paladin is, that spending points in all talent makes you more powerful, but not really imba because you either lack mana/sp or stamina/avoid or damage. Same goes for druids, most efficient here would be a balance/resto combination and feral only for survivability. Shamans have a similar problem. You would go ele/resto but than most of enh would be wasted except for some totem/shock buffs and wolves. Would probably live from burst.

Mages or Hunters would probably be pretty overpowered, Mages have the CC, utlity and survivability of frost and arcane as well as the massive damage from deep arcane and fire.
    Hunters could unload a massive amount of instant shots right at the start that are all buffed, plus pet cooldowns.
    Warlocks could be interesting too, but I think would be less lolololOP than mages or hunters. Also Imm and UA are exclusive on the target :/ you would mostly rely on demo+affli or demo+destro. Destro and Affli don't really get along very well.
    Rouges have potential. Utility of Subt compared with the cooldowns of combat and the damage multipliers of assasination sound pretty interesting. Also all trees have some sort of survivability. I think those ambush crits would be amazing, followed by blade flurry+killing spree. Also the combined energy renegeration of all three trees could turn out fun.

Death Knights and Warriors are a bit better off as hybrids. I think death knights would be very much gimped because of their rune system, but they would get much +dmg and +survival. I think they would pretty much play like today with little adjustments, but be much more powerful. I imagine they would be the best tanks.
    Warriors would mostly benefit fomr +dmg from fury and arms, but also from prot talents like warbringer and defensive cooldowns and then go 2x2h as fury with bladestorm and ms (and huge potential when slapping on a shield and going defensive stance).
    Last edited by Samin; 2010-09-02 at 07:22 AM.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

I'm with Kelvek. A fully talented Priest would be incredbily OP, with great survivability. If they get locked out of Shadow, they could continue with some Disc/Holy enhanced Holy spells.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spritely View Post
    That said, I'm going to bed. Having a conversation in this context with someone with an avatar alluding to heroine use is just odd.

Not saying anything really but there are private servers where you can do this and well paladins, rogues and warriors top the list mages,hunters and lock came a close second.
    druids while it was nice have the problem of gear issues and poor shamans well leave it at Poor shamans :P

Priest....it would be like impossible to die.....

wars would be pretty nuts imo, all the + rage + self heal + prot stuff, makes ya unkillable almost.
    paladin would have an issue somewer as they rely on 3 different things for 3 diff specs, eg shield mana or wep.
    mage would beat wow.
    sham same issue as pally,
    druid same issue,
    warlock would also be nuts pets + FIREWTFCURSE,
    rogue ?
    hunter ?
    death knight?
    priest hmmm/? 2 diff spell schools might be a hassle with Sform

I think Druids, Death Knights, Warriors or Paladins.

The tanking abilities of those classes, combined with their DPS specs (and healing for paladins and druids)- thats a pretty rough powerhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    LOL DISARMED.
    Seriously.
    Then they blood thirst, shock wave or concussion blow- Lots of options for all three warrior specs.
    Last edited by grug; 2010-09-02 at 09:52 AM.

Death Knight. All the self healing with blood, the tankiness of frost, and the damage output of unholy...

blah.

I think Shaman would work surprisingly well, there's a lot of synergy between the Elemental and Enhancement talents since they use a lot of the same spells.

Deleted
    Warlock easy!

Think of it this way:

Afflication PVP on live = crazy bad ass dot dmg combined with uber selfhealing and instant horror (fear) + Nightmare
    Demonlogy PVP on live = hmm... well we have metamorphisis to increas dmg and we have decimate + felguard but thats about it.
    Destruction PVP on Live = Crazy über hitting trough shilds chaos bolt + hard hitting fire dmg + shadowfury (stun)

Combind these and you get: Uber self healing / insane dot dmg + felguard / metamorphisis + monster direct dmg / stun! = WIN WIN WIN

Deleted
    Druid or paladin or Death K or Warlock or Hunter or ???