Cata MM Seems Watered Down?

Going to get dog-piled upon, but does MM seem a little watered down in Cataclysm? I'm not begrudging the DPS or usefulness, but the spec seems to have a ton of passivity. Trueshot Aura, Wild Quiver. Aimed Shot is back to being a PvE spell, or just an opener in PvP + Camo. I'm not sure how the new damage/health mechanics work in Cataclysm, just that 5% health every 6 seconds does not seem that useful for what was lost with Chimera Shot and our associated Stings. Granted, with the new changes to damage/health (or promise), Disarm is trivial, even if everyone didn't already use a weapon chain, and mana draining could be devastating (and we don't even need the drain to restore mana), so I can see Chimera Shot needing retooling, but a healing shot?

Hopefully without deriding my knowledge (or lack thereof), someone sell me on the awesomeness of the MM in Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of have to agree, and Marks is my favorite flavor of hunter. I don't look forward to cata huntering as marks currently.

I agree I don't really like the idea of not having the different effect dependent on venom/sting(live) but the 5% health thing will be helpful even in raiding (saving healer's mana). I was really excited for the mana drain on viper-chimera but if that was put in so many healers would complain about hunters being OP in pvp though I do really like the idea of healing in pvp though. I dislike how squishy hunters can be without a healer nearby. I'll be trying marks in cata but survival does look quite a bit more appealing, and BM seems to be bringing some really nice utility with the most recent changes.

15+ Year Old Account
    i like MM the least out of any hunter spec but i would have to agree that it is looking the worst out of any specs now. i think they are leaning towards making mm more of a pvp talent tree imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellar View Post
    i like MM the least out of any hunter spec but i would have to agree that it is looking the worst out of any specs now. i think they are leaning towards making mm more of a pvp talent tree imo.
    I'd agree, but there are pvp talents deep in every tree.

stopped playing hunter in wotlk after some pretty good seasons in tbc.
    looks like I wont pick it up at cata because hunter's new shiet aint that new (compared to other classes) and, its still such a broken class!! And we got nerfed, AGAIN.

"Chimera Shot revamped - An instant shot that causes ranged weapon damage plus [ 24% of RAP + 401 ], refreshing the duration of your Serpent Sting and healing you for 5% of your total health.
    Careful Aim now affects target above 80% health, up from 60%."

Quote Originally Posted by rezeldyret View Post
    stopped playing hunter in wotlk after some pretty good seasons in tbc.
    looks like I wont pick it up at cata because hunter's new shiet aint that new (compared to other classes) and, its still such a broken class!! And we got nerfed, AGAIN.
    No. Hunters are not 'broken.' It's beta. Things will change. Get over it.

Two: How do you know it's a nerf? Maybe we were doing tons of DPS to begin with and now we're in line with other classes?

Seriously, we're switching to a whole new resource mechanic. It's not going to be as easy as "Oh, okay. Make this cost 60 focus and we're good."

Also. pet damage is suppose to be about 30% in cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh at switching to a different resource. Currently are doing kinda terribad dps wise in beta as marks at the very least, but scaling from raiding gear might help some.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, it was looking more and more like MM was going to dominate then after all the new changes to aimed shot and now chimera and such it's looking more and more like a less used spec. I agree that chimera can and will be useful in both pve/pvp but if it's dmg output is less than other specs it won't be used.

Survival has always been my favorite spec and I'm looking forward to the new exotic pet abilities for BM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    Meh at switching to a different resource. Currently are doing kinda terribad dps wise in beta as marks at the very least, but scaling from raiding gear might help some.
    It's a lot of changes to swallow. Previously our DPS was hampered by CDs (until we ran out of mana, which wouldn't happen until a few rotations)... With Focus, we'll probably be more capped by Focus than CDs.

BM - exotic beasts and more pet-focused abilities and damage

Survival - elemental damage, various shots: Black Arrow, Explosive Shot, master of traps

MM - high physical damage shot that takes 3 secs to cast, random chance to fire extra shots, silencing shot, shot that heals you (for some inexplicable reason, the effect seems out of place, even if its a good effect).

Not sold on MM. :/