Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Demonology PVE - Video Guide

This is my guide to how to play as an endgame Demonology warlock using the metamorphosis spec. This is a narrated youtube HD video. This spec is not the top DPS warlock spec but it gives 10% of your spell power as a buff to the raid. This will be greater than 400 SP for a ToC25 geared warlock.

Enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieGnHENE7JQ
    Talent Spec: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#IZ0GchkAbihsgdAoE00V:Tno

------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm adding this here because it's an extremely good video made by one of the best hunters in the world. The advice he gives applies to all dps classes.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgDjG_0ecTI

Everything in this video applies to you. Move smarter. Know what you are going to do before you do it. Stack your cooldowns with procs. Never stop casting.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

The macro below is mentioned in the video. It pops demonic empowerment and any use trinkets you have. Replace 'Shadow Bolt' with any spell you want to cast. You can also choose whether or not you want the metamorphosis transformation in it as well. The rest of the macro removes error messages and sounds.

#showtooltip Shadow Bolt
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 0
    /petattack
    /use 13
    /use 14
    /cast [pet:Felguard] [pet:imp] Demonic Empowerment
    /cast Metamorphosis
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
    /console Sound_EnableSFX 1
    /cast Shadow Bolt

Re: [Video Guide] The 3.3 PvE Demonology Warlock Guide

i think you messed up the talents btw. so i fixed it :3
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#IZ0GchkAbihsgdAoE00V:Tno

But neat video i may try a demo spec again. really surprisingly high numbers, in my toons current gear in destro spec I've seen 5.2ish on target dummies. also for next time for the felguard cleave issue go to IF that dummy is far an-off away from all the other ones that cleave will not hit them. but yeah after reading through all the jumble in lock forums on this you were by far the most enlightening. I hope to see you're next one . btw what would you take away from to gain like 1% hit from suppression because I'm 1% below hard cap and i can never guarantee my Raid leader will put a dreanie in the spell caster raid group all the time.

Thank for correcting that. I copied the youtube description and that truncated the link to the talents.

Great vid man. that will help alot of ppl out i wish i had seen it back when i was first fumbling around with demo. one thing though for your next video turn your mic up or the music down. you got a quite voice and it was alittle hard to hear you

15+ Year Old Account

I was hoping something like this existed. Thank you very much.

R.I.P. YARG

Great job indeed !

Great work! I've always liked Demonology. It seems the most Warlocky to me.

Just wondering if it's worth doing this spec with less than full 245 gear?
    Or is Destro still a better idea to do the most dps until your gear is at that point?

Thanks!

Nicely well done. Now i got a link for all those people needing their hands held.

Quote Originally Posted by Canbie
    Just wondering if it's worth doing this spec with less than full 245 gear?
    Or is Destro still a better idea to do the most dps until your gear is at that point?
    The turn over point for Demo spec to be a raid boost in a 25 man raid is when your demonic pact can provide more than an elemental shamans totem of wrath which is 280sp. In 232 gear a warlock can provide enough spell power. Trinkets with a static spell power are very helpful with this spec as a raid buff, including the illustration of the dragon sole.

I strongly recommend NOT to macro meta into your nuke spell.
    Yes you want to use meta every CD but you also want to time it with Bloodlust.
    so please PLEASE do not macro Metamorphosis into these. This is a cooldown that needs to be managed separately or you will suffer a severe dps loss.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Morgromir
    so please PLEASE do not macro Metamorphosis into these. This is a cooldown that needs to be managed separately or you will suffer a severe dps loss.
    Whereas not using it every single time its up is a dps loss as well, so you have to compare the bloodlust haste bonus during meta vs the loss of not using bloodlust an extra time, or even a partial time.

Too tired to do the math myself.

R.I.P. YARG

For me I tend to manage the cooldown of meta myself and typically use it at the beginning of a fight and then save it for a time when I need more burst (e.g. portals in Jaraxxus heroic, empowered light/shadow in twins, frenzy phase of Sarufang etc) or just wait for heroism but if you know the rough duration of the fight you can plan ahead. I wouldn't wait too long without using it though. Like gherkin said, leaving it too long would also be a dps loss.

Hi optec and thanks for your guide.

Is its possible to post your power aura config?

Thanks again.

My power aura config is in this post on the official forums I don't wont to spam this forum as well with a wall of text

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....9TSo5WpeWccI#8

Nice work!! keep going !!!

thanks for your link optec.

I don't see the code for molten core proc.
    Can you help me about it?

cool, but now i gotta get 14% hit rating right?
    without suppression ;(

btw made a +400 dps comparing to destru ^_^thanks alot m8

Quote Originally Posted by Morgromir
    You also lose a tiny bit of dps by using demonic empowerment before your FG has a full stack of demonic frenzy. It usually takes 15-20 seconds for him to build a full stack.

They aren't macroing Meta to their nuke, they're macroing their nuke to Meta. Either way it's a bad idea, but it's not nearly as bad as if it was macroing to their main nuke. They don't hit Shadow Bolt to activate meta, they activate Meta and it casts a Shadow Bolt automatically. If that makes sense. Still, if MC is up you just wasted time. If it's execute stage you wasted time. If you needed to refresh a DoT, etc. I do use a macro for Meta, but it's simply so I have a mashable Meta > Immolation aura on the same button to save bar space.

Hey optec ~ can u link me your armory link pls? cause i cant seem to find it. Btw may i ask u a question whether u are using spellstone or firestone?