Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Are the good times really over?

I wish epics were still epic, back when Warcraft was strong. Back before the Draenei and Blood Elves came along. Before Death Knights and Lich King, when a nerd could still work, and still would. Is the best of Warcraft behind us now? And are the good times really over for good?

It depends on how you look at the glass. Is it half-empty? Or is it half-full? All a matter of perspective. IMO, I feel as the best times are yet to come.

Need any help here on the forums? Just PM and I'll be more then glad to help you!

The best of times are yet to come.

Quote Originally Posted by deathmetalzf View Post
    It depends on how you look at the glass. Is it half-empty? Or is it half-full? All a matter of perspective. IMO, I feel as the best times are yet to come.
    More importantly, what's in the glass? Is it some delicious tea? Or is it delicious tar?
    Pata pata pata pon. Pata pata pata pon. pon pon pata DIE*stabstabstab*

Please wow is still in it's teething stage we haven't seen anything yet.
    MAL'GANIS HORDE!
    85 Troll ELE Shaman/81 Troll SRV Hunter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by niehan View Post

I wish epics were still epic, back when Warcraft was strong. Back before the Draenei and Blood Elves came along. Before Death Knights and Lich King, when a nerd could still work, and still would. Is the best of Warcraft behind us now? And are the good times really over for good?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URTt_imRTlM

i think this will answer my feelings on whats to come

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Good times are always the "old times", so yes, technically they're gone, but just like people are doing "TBC guilds" now as their weekly nostalgia fix, they'll do "WoTLK guilds" after we finish Cata's content.
    I didn't play Vanilla, but even I can tell you that you're blinded by nostalgia, the game was terribad, Wrath is 50 times better than Vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowbiz View Post
    Good times are always the "old times", so yes, technically they're gone, but just like people are doing "TBC guilds" now as their weekly nostalgia fix, they'll do "WoTLK guilds" after we finish Cata's content.
    I didn't play Vanilla, but even I can tell you that you're blinded by nostalgia, the game was terribad, Wrath is 50 times better than Vanilla.
    In our thread, trollin' the forums.

The good times will never be the current times, because nostalgia completely tinges people's views of what is good. It is a proven psychological phenomena that our minds tend to filter out bad things that happened in the past, all the while making the things we enjoyed in the past seem that much better.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, they are not, nostalgia is a bitch dude... Just sayin'

Cataclysm will be the BEST times ever IMO, unless they implement Guild vs Guild battles, with encampment attacks and such (A smaller scale than Lineage, since that was too big).

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh i definitely had some great and memorable times back in Vanilla but i contribute most of that in part due to me being in high school through vanilla and most of TBC. Which made it possible for me to spend more time playing and just being a kid. I miss those times for sure but i look forward to where im going now and god am i excited for Cataclysm.

People say that during Cata players will QQ how Wotlk is better etc

I dont think so , atm Cataclysm is looking to be best expansion

Wotlk is a testing ground with broken/raped lore and some "cool" stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jeez, if it made you guys stfu about epics I would raid in greens.

Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    Jeez, if it made you guys stfu about epics I would raid in greens.
    Had to do that in Kara. Was amusing.

If they made new tracks for Mario Kart would you still enjoy playing is as much?

Dude, please take off the rose tinted goggles.

People still make these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by niehan View Post
    Before Draenei, Blood Elves, Death knights, and the Lich King? Don't remember epics existing in Warcraft before WoW, if you are wanting to go back before those races/classes existed you're practically going back before WC3. That's quite a ways back and sadly i never could get Warcraft: Orcs and Humans or WC2 to work on Vista.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowbiz View Post
    And people like you are idiots, claiming something is better than another that you've never tasted, felt, played, or seen?

It's like saying Coors is the greatest beer ever, yet I've never drank anything but Coors.
    Last edited by Dedweight; 2010-09-06 at 04:36 AM.

Old news is old, but one thing I do miss about vanilla was the epic feel the raids had. TBC had that in bt and sunwell, otherwise not so much(i hate kara). Wrath brought a lot of that back though, and cata will raise the bar higher.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    And people like you are idiots, claiming something is better than another that you've never tasted, felt, played, or seen?

It's like saying Coors is the greatest beer ever, yet I've never drank anything but Coors.
    If you want silly analogies, here's one.
    I don't need to taste rat poison to know that it's bad for me.

Now taking that analogy aside, I said that I didn't play in Vanilla, I do know quite about it and what has changed over the years.
    I saw my friends play and I saw videos of it (PVP crap).
    I don't need to play it to know that it's worse/better.

Regardless, it's not about what I think about the game, it's simple facts, if you think I'm wrong in saying so, please stop being such a schoolgirl and insult me, instead provide some meaningful explanation why I'm wrong.