Thread: Dark Simulacrum

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Dark Simulacrum

Threw together a quick compilation on the most important spells that can be copied with a special added bonus for your enjoyment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flmC1bBd0nI

Enjoy!

Man.... I wish I were in beta... QQ.. But, when I doooo finally get to level 85. I'm so excited!

Op! OP!!!!
    I once shot a man in Goldshire, just to watch him die.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeslayer View Post
    really nice clicking man

good job
    He's demonstrating a spell in a video on the Beta, not trying to maintain a complicated rotation in a boss fight. What the hell does clicking matter?
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    He's demonstrating a spell in a video on the Beta, not trying to maintain a complicated rotation in a boss fight. What the hell does clicking matter?
    Don't mind the trolls.
    I once shot a man in Goldshire, just to watch him die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperweight View Post
    Op! OP!!!!
    Pffft.

Deleted
    did i see that correctly, if a mage sheeps you with DS on, can you then use it while sheeped and will be unsheeped?

just stupid as what i think.

No, he trinkets out and then sheeps him

Nice vid, looks cool. Actually planning on putting my DK on the shelf, but now im not sure about that

15+ Year Old Account
    Making me consider playing DK instead of Mage cometh Cataclysm... looks well fun

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    WotLK all over again. Everyone will start lvling DKs and one by one ditching them once they start getting nerf after nerf... er fix after fix.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedbastard View Post
    No, he trinkets out and then sheeps him
    a ok, otherwise it would have been SLIGHTLY too strong

Do the ICC thing, a few locks and some mates you should be able to one shot everything =) (well 2 shot)

Deleted
    embed for lazy boys:

---------- Post added 2010-09-06 at 11:22 AM ----------

you said in the video that totem can't be copied,
    this is wierd because in the video below, a dk is copying totems (check 3'30):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bcWn...layer_embedded
    Last edited by mmoc3142c27852; 2010-09-06 at 11:22 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rüster View Post
    Man.... I wish I were in beta... QQ!
    Yes I wish too, cuz such OPness will never make it live and it's too much fun

Edit: @OP: Very well made video, thank you for doing it.
    Last edited by mmoc26966749d9; 2010-09-06 at 01:13 PM.

Nerf.. is.. close..

I mean, shadowform, all the priest dmg-reducing stuff, all the paladin stuff, every single druid hot, hex / poly (while cancelling the effect on the dk himself) and warlock pets? From the top of my head these are enough to drastically gimp the effect.

credits: Supernerd

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimsdott View Post
    Nerf.. is.. close..

I mean, shadowform, all the priest dmg-reducing stuff, all the paladin stuff, every single druid hot, hex / poly (while cancelling the effect on the dk himself) and warlock pets? From the top of my head these are enough to drastically gimp the effect.
    I don't expect a nerf that will exclude many spells (aside from pets). Most likely getting 2-3 min CD and the copied spell will have only 1 charge, like if you copy healing touch you'll be able to cast it just once not spam it for 20s.

Ehehe, i love it when i can spell reflect a mages sheep (with my warrior).
    Once it was a gnome mage. He was sheeping me, i spell reflected him, than stood there laughing. When he came out of sheep we saluted each-other and walked away. This all happened in an AB. Fun fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullflower View Post
    Threw together a quick compilation on the most important spells that can be copied with a special added bonus for your enjoyment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flmC1bBd0nI

Enjoy!
    Nicely done, well researched video. More people need to make OPs like this.

For those worried about its op-ness, GC has already said they intend to place durations on the effects they're able to steal, and that they're removing the pet/totem copying, as that was prooobably not intended.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.