Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Mounts in Cities

Dunno how others feel but a little bit of me is sad that we can mount up in cities. Why? Because Orgrimmar and Stormwind will be like a menagerie of mounts Littered everywhere ruining the pretty new looks. Granted folk will QQ that they don't want to travel within a city by foot but still...

Deleted
    I agree, but you can always roll a low pop realm :>

i believe the crowded place in Org will be bigger in Cata. ATM i dont care about mounts in Org, and if you do, i've heard rumours of Bloodelves having a city in Kalimdor somewhere...
    Quote Originally Posted by Emothianes View Post
    Omg dude vanilla was so awesome because I was awesome and other people weren't awesome and it made me happy to be special because it was so awesome and I was happy.
    Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!

Eventhough i wouldnt like walking through the city, i like the idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    This.. will.. be.. soo... much win!

Indeed Silvermoon is totally clear if you have problems with crowds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Indeed Silvermoon is totally clear if you have problems with crowds.
    Not on my Server

Deleted
    They will only be crowded near AH and banks as now.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Traffic through Orgrimmar will be a lot more spread out when Cataclysm is live, as there is quite a bit of choice as to where you want to hearth, bank and train.

Im sure they are going to rework flying mounts in cities if not the horde towns are going to get destroyed by city raids since all but one are above ground with open air. I have heard that they will not let you fly into the other factions cities so maybe that will be how its handled even though if done right they could just slow fall in like angels of death.

I'm expecting (and hoping) that there will be a no fly zone on all cities, because otherwise killing faction leaders will be way too easy, that or an anti air type thing, the oneshots any alliance/horde flying over the opposite faction's city
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellevad View Post
    The polymorph turtle doesn't walk slower than the polymorph sheep. It's just a bit less likely to be hit on by a welshman

I can almost guarantee that after awhile you would be like "man I wish I could mount in cities so I can get around faster", this idea only seems appealing because you cannot do it currently today, it would be just the same after awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Slavemaker View Post
    I can almost guarantee that after awhile you would be like "man I wish I could mount in cities so I can get around faster", this idea only seems appealing because you cannot do it currently today, it would be just the same after awhile.
    Precisely!

I agree it's completely stupid to allow flying mounts in cities because then the only people on ground mounts will be level 1-59.

Quote Originally Posted by Slavemaker View Post
    Spot on!

It has something to do with grass being greener or something...
    can't remember exactly:P
    Bigger than Life.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I agree it's completely stupid to allow flying mounts in cities because then the only people on ground mounts will be level 1-59.
    1. I'm pretty sure they aint talking about FLYING mounts as they said mounts ruin the look of the city, which is on the ground.

2. I'm pretty sure we can't fly in cities. In beta we can fly almost anywhere cuz blizzard inst done programming that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Not on my Server
    You've a crowded Silvermoon?

/pat

Quote Originally Posted by olih27 View Post
    I'm expecting (and hoping) that there will be a no fly zone on all cities, because otherwise killing faction leaders will be way too easy, that or an anti air type thing, the oneshots any alliance/horde flying over the opposite faction's city
    Oh my god I have never thought of this, this would be absolutely terrible if there is no AA guards that do that in cities.

It would also remove that epic feeling of a large number of the opposing faction storming in through the front/back door trying to kill your factions leader as you defend your city and your leader against the scoundrels; I hope this will not be true come live =(.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be fun (to me) if only the streets allowed you to mount up. That way the sidewalk would be a no-mount zone. That way the mailboxes will never be obscured by someone on a giant mount.
    Last edited by Soyuz; 2010-09-07 at 07:56 PM.
    For the Emperor.

Deleted
    "From 9 Game Time to 17 Game Time, all flying in capital cities will be illegal, there will be flying guards to prevent this and dismount anyone flying in this time-span. Have a nice day."