Quote Originally Posted by SigneGT View Post
    I suppose you might be right, but why should one human being not be able to get in touch with nature? It seems unrealistic that they wouldn't be able to learn, given the right teachers, just because it's not typical for their race.
    In my opinion, they do not live long enough to learn something like that. This isn't backed up by lore, but I don't care, I just really don't like the idea ^_^

This may break the side of the screen, a bit...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renagade Raven View Post
    "Lalalala I'm not listening."
    :P
    Arcane shot has never made sense, I hate it.
    But Dwarves are in touch with nature, I mean... they are descended from people made out of Earth. Dwarven Shamans should have been in since the beginning...
    not necessarily. there sure are a few, but just because there are many human priests and paladins, doesn't mean the average population is in touch with the light.
    Also very good.
    But that beauty in the forest one...
    wtb spellbreaker in wow!
    and nice draenei of course :x

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    That one's been explained.
    yup, i know.
    very interesting part of the lore imo. and i totally liked the part about undead tanks too, for example all deathknights who are healed by a paladin or priest suffer unimaginable pain to protect their allies. fits my dk tank very well not because she is such a good person, but because she surpresses all mental and physical feelings in order to reach her goal(s).

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Also, a Forsaken being healed by the holy light will feel a burning pain but their wounds are healed.
    Basically they suffer so they don't die.
    The same goes for death knights.
    i'm to slow -.-^^
    Imagine my surprise when I wanted to use that in a story, way before they gave us this new info on the Light, and then hearing their explanation...
    i know that, too

Deleted

She's getting there...

That is awesome Lokann...

I need to get my Draenei Paladin sketch up that I drew earlier today. I just need to be bothered.

That one's been explained.

They can all wield the Light, but it hurts like hell. The reason why they can't be pallies is that while a priest channels the power, acting like a 'funnel' for it (most recent source: The Shattering), a paladin fills themselves like a vessel (source: Tides of Darkness).

Basically, a Forsaken paladin using the Light would CC themselves. However, a mind-controlled undead paladin can still do it (Zeliek for example) because while the mental pain is there, it's not their mind that issues orders to the body.
    actually both can do both... priests fill themselves with the light (inner fire, for instance) and paladins can funnel it (while healing others)... you fill yourself with it to enhance yourself and funnel it to reach others...

the real reason is: lorewise, the number of holy forsaken is absurdly low... kinda... REAL REAL rare... so while forsaken priests can be both holy (lorewise rare) and shadow (lorewise abundant), paladins can only be holy... so there would just be not enough to make a playable class... their numbers would pale in comparison to draenei shamans (which are, lorewise, few)... so it's not viable... at least not now since the forsaken are, as a group, going through the darkest path possible...

my theory is that by the end of the expansion or the next the forsake will know redemption just like the blood elves... and than we'll have a group of forsaken paladins who are trying to open the way for the light to be able to reach the forsaken... as few as draenei shamans, but at least enough to make a playable class...
    I want to have daughters... but if I end up having sons I'll raise them like this X3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    actually both can do both... priests fill themselves with the light (inner fire, for instance) and paladins can funnel it (while healing others)... you fill yourself with it to enhance yourself and funnel it to reach others...

the real reason is: lorewise, the number of holy forsaken is absurdly low... kinda... REAL REAL rare... so while forsaken priests can be both holy (lorewise rare) and shadow (lorewise abundant), paladins can only be holy... so there would just be not enough to make a playable class... their numbers would pale in comparison to draenei shamans (which are, lorewise, few)... so it's not viable... at least not now since the forsaken are, as a group, going through the darkest path possible...

my theory is that by the end of the expansion or the next the forsake will know redemption just like the blood elves... and than we'll have a group of forsaken paladins who are trying to open the way for the light to be able to reach the forsaken... as few as draenei shamans, but at least enough to make a playable class...
    However, a Forsaken priest will never let the Light fill them.

As for paladins, they have to allow the Light to use them as a vessel. It's among other things the source of their auras, and gives them strength beyond their physical capabilities.

---------- Post added 2010-10-27 at 09:37 PM ----------

Update:

10+ Year Old Account
    while i agree with most of that, i think inner fire is actually not filling the priest with the light, but just a mental ability that priests use to strengthen their wills. it's a discipline spell after all, and most likely just a term they use for the overall mental strengh of the priest, instead of them filling their self with holy fire.

awwww so cute!!!
    Last edited by Sundreamer; 2010-10-27 at 07:54 PM.

The Elf versus Cat, Illidan and Kael, and Dwarf versus Tauren are brilliant.
    The last one is... what the fuck? Is that Bellinda? WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO HER!? >=7

The Elf versus Cat, Illidan and Kael, and Dwarf versus Tauren are brilliant.
    The last one is... what the fuck? Is that Bellinda? WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO HER!? >=7
    according to the dialog, I'd say she took too many potions to higher her armor and be able to tank...
    I want to have daughters... but if I end up having sons I'll raise them like this X3

according to the dialog, I'd say she took too many potions to higher her armor and be able to tank...
    It sounds to me like a play on the fact that Balinda is so easy to kill you don't need to tank her (apparently) which is one of the reasons that I always defend her.
    But, this picture is weird, and ruins her. It looks disgusting, and she is crying ='[
    I dislike, and will now have to draw her as she should be - powerful, pretty, and calm.
    Last edited by Renagade Raven; 2010-10-28 at 03:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scarlet Crusade art is aways sexy. More of that, IMO

It sounds to me like a play on the fact that Belinda is so easy to kill you don't need to tank her (apparently) which is one of the reasons that I always defend her.
    But, this picture is weird, and ruins her. It looks disgusting, and she is crying ='[
    I dislike, and will now have to draw her as she should be - powerful, pretty, and calm.
    Balinda? Powerful? ...haaa =p

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    it looks like Lysah still thinks like a horde player
    but since i still think like an alliance player, i'll have to agree with Raven!

also, i think the priest in the pic (wheter it's balinda or not) just used levitate..

and Dalliah, the first seven pics of your post are actually reposts^^

10+ Year Old Account
    "Balloonda"?

Seriously?
    Last edited by Tikaru; 2010-10-27 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Didn't want a ban :(

Go to hell Lady />_>\
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    it looks like Lysah still thinks like a horde player
    but since i still think like an alliance player, i'll have to agree with Raven!

also, i think the priest in the pic (wheter it's balinda or not) just used levitate..

and Dalliah, the first seven pics of your post are actually reposts^^
    Hooray! <3
    Levitate doesn't do... that. And she isn't a priest.
    Dalliah has a few reposts, but they are all good ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    "Balloonda"?

Seriously?
    Stop quoting that one ='[
    It should be deleted!

Go to hell Lady />_>\
    Brb making video of me soloing Balinda.

Brb making video of me soloing Balinda.
    You... dare...
    If you kill my beloved... it will only be because I am not there. You are on the American servers right? Well that is an alternate dimension or some such nonsense, so nothing you do there matters.

User was banned for being EU...I mean starting US/EU flame wars. ~Lysah
    Last edited by Lysah; 2010-10-28 at 02:32 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay, im alliance and i dont even care if they kill Balinda

User was banned for being EU...I mean starting US/EU flame wars. ~Lysah
    Don't forget we could have done the Second World War without you! ^_^

As for Dark Side, the amount of times I have saved her, just me, I feel I have to do it...

Fixed my typo, and there's nothing you can do about it from all the way over there. ~Lysah
    Last edited by Lysah; 2010-10-28 at 02:33 AM.