Living Bomb tooltip change?

"The target becomes a Living Bomb, taking 612 Fire damage over 12 sec. After 12 sec or if the spell is reapplied, the target explodes dealing 306 Fire damage to up to 3 enemies within 10 yards."

Source: http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/44461/

Not saying this is a good way to AoE, but does this mean we could spam Living Bomb on a single target and have it continually explode?

Hmm. Interesting. I think this is more like if you reapply it close to the end but it hasn't exploded yet, you'll still get da kaboom.

This pleases me greatly.

Sounds interesting, probably a good way to get some burst AoE while being a super mana-hog. Fire mages have excellent AoE in cata as it stands, I guess it will have even stronger burst potential now?

Blast Wave, Flame strike to keep the DoT on the ground, spam LB!

Or perhaps it also means it can only be cast on 1 target at a time. But since a lot of AoEs got the axe on their damage, it would probably be a lot less mana efficient to do this (maybe even lower dps) than just blizzard/flamestrike.

15+ Year Old Account
    i'd still rather have it blow up upon target death, which would make it worthwhile to cast on things living less than 12 seconds.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    i'd still rather have it blow up upon target death, which would make it worthwhile to cast on things living less than 12 seconds.
    Well technically you can do that. If it's going to die in less than 12 seconds, put LB on it, when it is about to die, put LB on it again.

Certainly not ideal and in fact it would be a very stupid idea if this is Blizzard's answer LB exploding upon target death. Flame Orb explodes upon target death, so why can't Living Bomb?

I've seen on a video that if you spam living bomb on one target it will keep exploding each time if you keep reapplying it, fun. It will be only 3 targets max now though D:

"to up to 3 enemies within 10 yards." Kinda sucks though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarosaris View Post
    Or perhaps it also means it can only be cast on 1 target at a time. But since a lot of AoEs got the axe on their damage, it would probably be a lot less mana efficient to do this (maybe even lower dps) than just blizzard/flamestrike.
    ""The target becomes a Living Bomb, taking 612 Fire damage over 12 sec. After 12 sec or if the spell is reapplied, the target explodes dealing 306 Fire damage to up to 3 enemies within 10 yards."

up to 3 enemies. i'm just curious to see if they are going to not allow a 4th target or if putting LB on a 4th target makes the first explode... in big packs of mobs (ICC entrance, Sindra field) tab spam would make harder to find the mobs you LBed just to reapply it, making a better decision to just spam it on a single target

Read what you bolded again Shuyin, the explosion will hit up to 3 enemies within 10 yards. It does not refer to the number of enemies LB can be applied to.

Read what you bolded again Shuyin, the explosion will hit up to 3 enemies within 10 yards. It does not refer to the number of enemies LB can be applied to.
    The tooltip on the talent in the talent tree does however mention that there is a limit of three targets on the DoT itself (at least as far as I understood it, go take a look yourself if doubtful).

EDIT2: The tooltip in the talent tree reads: "The target becomes a Living Bomb, taking 612 Fire damage over 12 sec. After 12 sec the target explodes dealing 306 Fire damage to up to 3 enemies within 10 yards. Limit 3 targets."

EDIT: My Mage should be finished copying over to the beta in about half an hour, I'll test it when I wake up.
    Last edited by MushroomBomb; 2010-09-11 at 04:49 AM.

think the point of it exploding is so u dont use blizzard why should a fire mage use frost spell to aoe and you can use it on 3 target it olny explodes if you use it on the same target more then once

I messed about with Living Bomb when you could 'spam explode' it but in all honesty, it wasn't worth the mana.
    Cata Vids and Fire Mage PvP - www.youtube.com/user/VGSensation

Quote Originally Posted by Voljin of the Darkspear View Post
    I messed about with Living Bomb when you could 'spam explode' it but in all honesty, it wasn't worth the mana.
    Well, have you considered the value of a spammable instant cast in pvp that does pretty decent aoe damage?

I mean their are times when this could land kills at the risk of going oom, but it guess depends on the actual damage the final explosion does relative to other instant cast abilities to see if it is worthwhile or not.